The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Q & A

If all the world is a stage, where is the audience sitting?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#16New Post! Aug 16, 2014 @ 17:24:01
@Eaglebauer Said

Um.

No.

It doesn't.

It really doesn't. I don't know how to explain it any better than I already have.

Eagle: That's not true. "Audience" doesn't really refer to location in this sense, it refers to whether or not you're watching someone else.

Erimitus: Or sense that we are being observed.
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#17New Post! Aug 16, 2014 @ 17:26:27
@Erimitus Said

Eagle: That's not true. "Audience" doesn't really refer to location in this sense, it refers to whether or not you're watching someone else.

Yes.
Octavarium On December 23, 2021

Pacific North West,
#18New Post! Aug 16, 2014 @ 17:28:26
@Erimitus Said

They are watching, you know that right?

#19New Post! Aug 16, 2014 @ 17:35:50
Eagle: So the roles we play on the stage, we are actually playing for each other. The other people in the world. Who are our audience and in turn are playing roles for us and everyone else.

Erimitus: Hmmm.... I understand what you are saying. And I am not arguing against it. Here comes the but... [But] There is another way to look at it. I experience and divide the experience into self and other than self. I am not sure that I ever really experience the actual other than self, or even if there is other than self. What 'the I that is me' experiences is a mental image (a fabrication) that my mind has created, based (at least in part) on sensory perception. The 'I that is me' is the audience to the mental image (stage) and the role that I play in it.

#20New Post! Aug 16, 2014 @ 18:22:32
@Octavarium Said

They are watching, you know that right?

I had a job at a bank processing center. There were cameras watching every inch of the building inside and out. In a security room people constantly monitored the cameras. And ...and there were cameras watching the watchers. I would not be surprised to find out that there were watchers watching the watchers watch the watchers. alas...

Immanence and transcendence seem to be a contradiction (a paradox). But if we think of a circle (like a snake biting its own tail) the inner self could be watched by an transcendent self with an inner self watched by a transcendent self ad infinitum.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#21New Post! Aug 16, 2014 @ 18:52:21
on the toilet sometimes.
on a chair other times.
other then the hole for the poop n pee, what is the difference?
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#22New Post! Aug 17, 2014 @ 17:05:06
I say in the brightest star.
dookie On December 16, 2023
Foolish Bombu

, United Kingdom
#23New Post! Aug 17, 2014 @ 19:22:27
@Cpat92 Said

I say in the brightest star.

No reflection on you Cpat, but this made me remember an old Peanuts cartoon. Charlie Brown and Lucy are standing at night upon a small hill looking up at the stars. Charlie Brown says, "Sometimes I look up at all the stars and I think that one of those stars is my own particular star, and just as I am down here alone among millions and millions of other people, up above is MY star, alone among millions and millions of other stars. Do you think this means anything Lucy?".

"Yes" says Lucy, " It means you're cracking up Charlie Brown."

restoreone On January 30, 2022

, Ohio
#24New Post! Aug 17, 2014 @ 19:26:45
It is a theater in the round. There is always one main play we are watching. Yet there are "smaller" plays going on around us and within us at the same time. Some will watch the main play while others are seeing the little plays going on.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs