Pets & Animals

Dogs die in hot cars

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Silver_Lining On March 21, 2023
RIP Boobie

STOKE-ON-TRENT, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Jul 23, 2014 @ 08:25:58
Surely everyone knows you don't leave a dog in a hot car?

Apparently not, my friend was telling me that his boss came running back into work after he'd left saying his dog had died. Yep, he'd left her in his car all day.

I struggled to get to sleep last night as it was playing on my mind, how can people still be so stupid?
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#2New Post! Jul 23, 2014 @ 08:28:36
What's worse is when some one leave's their baby in the hot car. I seen a video showing it play out while I was on leave. I wanted to cry. I think on average 15 babies die a day due to being left in the car unattended on a very hot summer day.

@Silver_Lining Said

Surely everyone knows you don't leave a dog in a hot car?

Apparently not, my friend was telling me that his boss came running back into work after he'd left saying his dog had died. Yep, he'd left her in his car all day.

I struggled to get to sleep last night as it was playing on my mind, how can people still be so stupid?
RIP Boobie

#3New Post! Jul 23, 2014 @ 08:32:16
@Cpat92 Said

What's worse is when some one leave's their baby in the hot car. I seen a video showing it play out while I was on leave. I wanted to cry. I think on average 15 babies die a day due to being left in the car unattended on a very hot summer day.

People like that need sterilising!
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#4New Post! Jul 23, 2014 @ 08:59:05
No kidding. It's heartbreaking hearing of infants dying because they were left in the car while it was hot outside. Dogs too.

@Silver_Lining Said

People like that need sterilising!
restoreone On January 30, 2022

, Ohio
#5New Post! Jul 23, 2014 @ 09:40:42
https://caninecollegemi.com/1758/pets-in-vehicles/temperature-inside-car-chart-2/

Please note cracking your windows does not help lower the temp nor slow the raising temps down. Due to the small body mass they can not get rid of heat as well as an adult can.
GreenAppleKing On April 23, 2015

Deleted

, United States (general)
#6New Post! Jul 23, 2014 @ 09:56:23
RIP Boobie

#7New Post! Jul 23, 2014 @ 10:06:19

That's not funny. Unless you have anything resepectful to contribute to any of my topics then please don't post. I've asked you this before yet you still continue to post rubbish like this.
GreenAppleKing On April 23, 2015

Deleted

, United States (general)
#8New Post! Jul 23, 2014 @ 10:22:53
@Silver_Lining Said

That's not funny.

You're talking about dogs yes?
Animals?

This:

When a dog owner decides to keep his dog in a car and cook it, there's really nowhere to go with that. Laugh or cry it makes no difference.

We all know a hot car makes for hot dogs--- pun intended. I'm more surprised that the boss decided to come back to work and make this announcement that the dog is dead. When I cook a hot-pocket in the microwave I don't drive to work and tell everyone about it.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#9New Post! Jul 23, 2014 @ 14:00:37
most of the time, dogs in parked car, but the owners put the windows down to let the dog put his or her head out to breathe. i was by the car and the dog bark at me, and i wave at him or her. i never seen dog in a car with the window up. i would complain to someone left dog in danger in a car. one day, i saw a policeman give a dog a ticket. the policeman had no choice, really. a dog was behind the wheel in parked car. the dog had the radio fully blast, and the dog was wearing sunglass and smoking a pipe. not bad enough, after the police gave the dog back his or her registration and driver's licence. after that, this dog must really snob, and the dog gave the finger to the policeman. it got ugly then, last thing, i remember the policeman put handicuffs on that pooch, and the policeman put the pooch in the back of his car and left. some dog owners teach their dog manners!
rosexthorn On July 30, 2022

Winnipeg, Canada
#10New Post! Jul 23, 2014 @ 18:23:28
Here, where I live pets and babies/children have died in overheated vehicles..

We are given the right to smash the windows to get them out if we see they are in distress and I will surely being enforcing my right to do so if I see it...
someone_else_again On May 20, 2021
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#11New Post! Jul 23, 2014 @ 18:44:55
@rosexthorn Said

We are given the right to smash the windows to get them out if we see they are in distress and I will surely being enforcing my right to do so if I see it...

That's interesting. I would hope that anyone who had their window smashed in order to rescue their child or pet would have the sense not to press charges or even be a little bit upset about that part.

Obviously that's an overly optimistic viewpoint.
chisa96 On December 29, 2014
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#12New Post! Jul 24, 2014 @ 13:37:49
@rosexthorn Said

This makes me nervous. This topic is a big deal here lately as well, and we do have a lot of people responding to this or that example saying that they would smash the windows of the car to save the animal.

Now if the animal is suffering, smash away and save its life. My worry with it is for that day I take my dog out on a hike on a 60 degree day, and run into the gas station after. Or on a hot day when my car is running and locked while I run in. Some people on this crusade are morons, and I'm worried that I'm going to come back out to smashed windows and one of those jacked-up morons yelling that he "saved" my dog.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs