The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
News & Current Events

Supreme Court narrowly correct on First Nation Sovereignty.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6
someone_else_again On May 20, 2021
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#76New Post! Jun 18, 2014 @ 23:27:00
@Dredd Said

Either the Governor General, High Commissioner, or other such Crown appointed representative. It includes the elected government For the commonwealth countries like Canada, Australia, India etc.

I could smile and nod at this response but a fat lot of good it would do me.

Is that basically like those commonwealth countries getting a seal of approval from the big overall government?

And if that is what it means, does that not mean that your government (being the overall one) assumes responsibility for whatever's being approved?

I'm not trying to point fingers or anything like that, I just don't get how that system works. I'm an ignorant American.
Dredd On August 16, 2015

Sheffield, United Kingdom
#77New Post! Jun 18, 2014 @ 23:31:31
Not quite, nowadays its more just a formality, in the past it would have been a big deal and before WW2 would have been like that, but if they try that nowadays I dont think that it would make much difference.

In the UK we have the house of commons and the house of lords, the house of commons make the laws, and the house of lords approve them or send them back with suggestions on changes, which are voted on and then sent back to the house of lords. once both houses are happy with the new law it is sent to the queen to give the royal seal of ascent. its much the same in the other commonwealth countries but they obs have to send them further afield.
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#78New Post! Jun 19, 2014 @ 02:47:12
@someone_else_again Said

You didn't say that until after so

So...you're speaking of a treaty with Canada, yes? And if so then I must assume that you, like Restoreone, are speaking of "The Crown" and not specifically that landmass in Western Europe where Dredd lives.

Yes?

Yes, stemming from that feudal system.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs