Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...10 11 12
someone_else_again On May 20, 2021
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#166New Post! May 02, 2014 @ 00:07:52
@chaski Said

Real christians or the not so real ones?

Both.
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#167New Post! May 02, 2014 @ 00:13:05
@chaski Said

Real christians or the not so real ones?

A "real" Christian is not a perfect person. If a church has people in it, and people are not perfect, it follows that the church will be less than perfect.
Electric_Banana On April 20, 2024

, New Zealand
#168New Post! May 02, 2014 @ 03:30:06
@Hypnotica Said

Its neither a Dystopia or a Utopia. The world just is.

Yes many people accept it - I spoke with a girl ages ago who had a long sexual relationship with her father after her mother died.

She spoke about how beautiful it was and how she missed him.

Some people just accept the world and appreciate what is there.

But Glenn actually struck a chord with me one day:

"You know how deep in your memory you have some recollection of a similar world that ran a bit more clever than this one does?"

Talking Heads also addressed this in "Road to Nowhere": "There's a city in my mind."
dookie On December 16, 2023
Foolish Bombu

, United Kingdom
#169New Post! May 02, 2014 @ 08:06:07
@bob_the_fisherman Said

And, in that regard, I have to say that were I a Christian in a Catholic church, I would be out the door never to return after nailing a big list of Catholic problems to the door of the most major cathedral in the country.

Well Bob, that has already been tried. Luther did it, and within a hundred years those who followed him were at each others throats and in the process of breaking into a thousand or so different sects and denominations.

"The Church is a whore, yet she is my mother"

Apparently who first said that is in dispute, but the truth of it remains. What has not yet been determined by Christendom is exactly who or what is the true Church. One day Christendom might decide it is all of us.
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#170New Post! May 07, 2014 @ 21:22:27
@dookie Said

Well Bob, that has already been tried. Luther did it, and within a hundred years those who followed him were at each others throats and in the process of breaking into a thousand or so different sects and denominations.

"The Church is a whore, yet she is my mother"

Apparently who first said that is in dispute, but the truth of it remains. What has not yet been determined by Christendom is exactly who or what is the true Church. One day Christendom might decide it is all of us.

As much as I would like it to, I do not think that that will ever happen. I think it may well turn out to be the majority, but not all... but, who knows? Whatever the truth of it, Christians should be caring about other people no matter what...
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#171New Post! May 07, 2014 @ 21:27:07
@bob_the_fisherman Said

Christians should be scaring people no matter what...

...scaring people!

Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#172New Post! May 07, 2014 @ 21:31:21
@chaski Said

...scaring people!

yeah... but not all people... we should only scare those who drink tequila without offering me some...
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#173New Post! May 07, 2014 @ 22:09:30
@bob_the_fisherman Said

yeah... but not all people... we should only scare those who drink tequila without offering me some...

Oh crap... I am in some deep.... crap...
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#174New Post! May 07, 2014 @ 22:32:41
@chaski Said

Oh crap... I am in some deep.... crap...

Not at all... relax... go back to sleep... ignore that rustling noise outside your bedroom window, it's noting... you're perfectly safe...

chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#175New Post! May 07, 2014 @ 23:08:28
@bob_the_fisherman Said

Not at all... relax... go back to sleep... ignore that rustling noise outside your bedroom window, it's noting... you're perfectly safe...

Well there goes my hope for a peaceful night sleep... There can only be one answer... Tequila.. or Rum... or.... OK, there is more that one answer..
dookie On December 16, 2023
Foolish Bombu

, United Kingdom
#176New Post! May 08, 2014 @ 07:41:02
@bob_the_fisherman Said

As much as I would like it to, I do not think that that will ever happen. I think it may well turn out to be the majority, but not all... but, who knows? Whatever the truth of it, Christians should be caring about other people no matter what...

I see no reason to be concerned about anything considered "final" when we ask ourselves NOW just WHO - or what - the True Church is.
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#177New Post! May 10, 2014 @ 01:06:33
@dookie Said

I see no reason to be concerned about anything considered "final" when we ask ourselves NOW just WHO - or what - the True Church is.

Fair enough. I am not, for the record, attempting to convince you that I am right, I am only saying what it is that I believe at this point in time. I not only accept that I could be wrong, I have no doubt that there are ways in which I am wrong.

As I see it, there will be a lot more people saved than a lot of Christians would accept. And, as far as I am concerned, the church someone is in is irrelevant. I think knowing and always rejecting Christ is not a good place to be, but knowing and accepting him, then rejecting him, that person belongs to Christ forever. Those that do not know him, are judged in accordance with their conscience, and, grace is still grace.

Could I be wrong? Yes. This is just the best answer I have to give at the moment.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#178New Post! May 10, 2014 @ 20:29:24
@bob_the_fisherman Said

Could I be wrong? Yes.

This is the difference between you and I.

You know that you can be wrong.

Where as I know that I cannot be wrong.

Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...10 11 12

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs