Forums: Relationships:
Friendships

in response to the death of a dear friend

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
rubylights On November 30, 2021

Miami, Florida
#1New Post! Apr 11, 2014 @ 03:21:49
There are moments that alter your perception of reality. There are moments of which there is too much to be said, but that no articulate can accurately reflect. They split your life down the middle, directly in half so that all you can see is the before and the after, and the moment itself is lost to an enormity of significance too vast to be accepted all at once. It comes in stages, they say, and everyone goes through them differently. The first is denial and the last is acceptance, and all those in between are nothing, really, but variations of either, or a struggle that pulls you in turn to each. Neither offers answers and neither begs a question. Neither can give solace. Neither can give hope. All are designed to help life move forward. And move forward it will. Whether those broken will move on with it or not remains a decision personal to each. But they always do. They have to. They make it past the moment into the after to discover that, contrary to what it might have felt like, life will indeed go on. But to those who had planted their foundations confidently in the before and made of its inhabitants their family and of its circumstances their home, it will never, ever be the same.
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#2New Post! Apr 11, 2014 @ 10:33:44
It is of strong, loving, caring, innocent and friendly hearts that we try so hard (in the beginning) to belong to our dystopia without first questioning and judging our environment.

But later it eventually becomes a dishonor and disrespect to ourselves to continue insisting on trying our utmost to make it work thereby continuing to leave our hearts on our sleeves were they can be easily damaged (many times seemingly with intention).

Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#3New Post! Apr 11, 2014 @ 10:43:40
Also, I should make clear that I am responding to this:

@rubylights Said

But to those who had planted their foundations confidently in the before and made of its inhabitants their family and of its circumstances their home, it will never, ever be the same.

And not the passing of your friend for which I don't know how to address appropriately other than sharing my own way of handling Death which is just simply understanding it to be natural, necessary...and theoretically a pardon from this existence into one offering more substance & consistency where we can truly rest easy enough to hang our hats.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs