Light Travel Time Problem

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#46New Post! Feb 27, 2014 @ 01:51:54
@Erimitus Said

Two suns: sun [A] and sun [B] each with an orbiting planet are moving away from each other at 5/8 the speed of light.

An observer on the planet orbiting sun [A] will see sun [B] moving away at 5/8 the speed of light.

An observer on the planet orbiting sun [B] will see planet [A] moving away at 5/8 the speed of light.

An observer in a space ship viewing both suns will see them moving away from each other at 5/8 the speed of light.

Three different frames of reference.

Does that sound correct?

if each is moving away from each other at 5/8 the speed of light.
why wouldn't either notice a combined speed of 1 1/4 the speed of light?
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#47New Post! Feb 27, 2014 @ 01:53:40
@Tar Said

You're asking about something correctly referred to Relativistic Doppler effect

Relativistic Doppler Effect

the link is cool.
does it cover
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#48New Post! Feb 27, 2014 @ 02:00:23
on ------ ------, folks breath pink air.
and those folks can drive a plymouth satellite, faster then the speed of light.
aquine On May 30, 2014
Psalm 2 = Rev 11:15

Banned

Alice SPrings, Australia
#49New Post! Feb 27, 2014 @ 02:15:25
@GreenAppleKing Said

If the universe is only thousands of years old as the Bible strongly suggests, how can we see objects that are at light travel time distances far greater than a few thousand years?

Since my childhood, the answer I have received was "the Universe was created to appear aged, or in created in progress."

Thoughts?

Time is not absolute.

Time flows at different rates depending upon the gravitational potential at a given point.

When the Lord created the universe he stretched out the heavens:

Job 38:4-7
[4] Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
[5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
[6] Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;
[7] When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

psalm 104:1,2
[1] Bless the LORD, O my soul. O LORD my God, thou art very great; thou art clothed with honour and majesty.
[2] Who coverest thyself with light as with a garment: who stretchest out the heavens like a curtain:

Psalm 136:5,6
[5] To him that by wisdom made the heavens: for his mercy endureth for ever.
[6] To him that stretched out the earth above the waters: for his mercy endureth for ever.

Isaiah 40:21,22
[21] Have ye not known? have ye not heard? hath it not been told you from the beginning? have ye not understood from the foundations of the earth?
[22] It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

Isaiah 42:5
[5] Thus saith God the LORD, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein:

Isaiah 44:24
[24] Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

Isaiah 45:12
[12] I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded.

Isaiah 51:13
[13] And forgettest the LORD thy maker, that hath stretched forth the heavens, and laid the foundations of the earth; and hast feared continually every day because of the fury of the oppressor, as if he were ready to destroy? and where is the fury of the oppressor?

Jeremiah 10:10-14
[10] But the LORD is the true God, he is the living God, and an everlasting king: at his wrath the earth shall tremble, and the nations shall not be able to abide his indignation.
[11] Thus shall ye say unto them, The gods that have not made the heavens and the earth, even they shall perish from the earth, and from under these heavens.
[12] He hath made the earth by his power, he hath established the world by his wisdom, and hath stretched out the heavens by his discretion.
[13] When he uttereth his voice, there is a multitude of waters in the heavens, and he causeth the vapours to ascend from the ends of the earth; he maketh lightnings with rain, and bringeth forth the wind out of his treasures.
[14] Every man is brutish in his knowledge: every founder is confounded by the graven image: for his molten image is falsehood, and there is no breath in them.

Zechariah 12:1
[1] The burden of the word of the LORD for Israel, saith the LORD, which stretcheth forth the heavens, and layeth the foundation of the earth, and formeth the spirit of man within him.

At each successive point the gravitational potential was greater and greater (this can almost be pictured as the tension in elastic increasing as it is stretched).

Time flows at a greater rate at points of greater gravitational potential.

Therefore, as the Lord was stretching the heavens six days was how much time flowed on earth, but at the edge of creation billions of years elapsed.

Gravitational time dilation is a somewhat difficult concept to grasp, and the mathematics involved is definitely beyond a lay person, but the basic idea of time flowing faster at points of greater gravitational potential should be a fairly easy notion to consider.
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#50New Post! Feb 27, 2014 @ 03:00:17
@Willi Said

The speed of light is independent of the speed of its source.

#51New Post! Feb 27, 2014 @ 03:02:08
@Willi Said

on ------ ------, folks breath pink air.

on hallucinogenic drugs, folks breath pink air.

#52New Post! Feb 27, 2014 @ 03:04:43
@aquine Said

Time is not absolute.

Time flows at different rates depending upon the gravitational potential at a given point.

When the Lord created the universe he stretched out the heavens:

Job 38:4-7
[4] Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
[5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
[6] Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;
[7] When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

psalm 104:1,2
[1] Bless the LORD, O my soul. O LORD my God, thou art very great; thou art clothed with honour and majesty.
[2] Who coverest thyself with light as with a garment: who stretchest out the heavens like a curtain:

Psalm 136:5,6
[5] To him that by wisdom made the heavens: for his mercy endureth for ever.
[6] To him that stretched out the earth above the waters: for his mercy endureth for ever.

Isaiah 40:21,22
[21] Have ye not known? have ye not heard? hath it not been told you from the beginning? have ye not understood from the foundations of the earth?
[22] It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

Isaiah 42:5
[5] Thus saith God the LORD, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein:

Isaiah 44:24
[24] Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

Isaiah 45:12
[12] I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded.

Isaiah 51:13
[13] And forgettest the LORD thy maker, that hath stretched forth the heavens, and laid the foundations of the earth; and hast feared continually every day because of the fury of the oppressor, as if he were ready to destroy? and where is the fury of the oppressor?

Jeremiah 10:10-14
[10] But the LORD is the true God, he is the living God, and an everlasting king: at his wrath the earth shall tremble, and the nations shall not be able to abide his indignation.
[11] Thus shall ye say unto them, The gods that have not made the heavens and the earth, even they shall perish from the earth, and from under these heavens.
[12] He hath made the earth by his power, he hath established the world by his wisdom, and hath stretched out the heavens by his discretion.
[13] When he uttereth his voice, there is a multitude of waters in the heavens, and he causeth the vapours to ascend from the ends of the earth; he maketh lightnings with rain, and bringeth forth the wind out of his treasures.
[14] Every man is brutish in his knowledge: every founder is confounded by the graven image: for his molten image is falsehood, and there is no breath in them.

Zechariah 12:1
[1] The burden of the word of the LORD for Israel, saith the LORD, which stretcheth forth the heavens, and layeth the foundation of the earth, and formeth the spirit of man within him.

At each successive point the gravitational potential was greater and greater (this can almost be pictured as the tension in elastic increasing as it is stretched).

Time flows at a greater rate at points of greater gravitational potential.

Therefore, as the Lord was stretching the heavens six days was how much time flowed on earth, but at the edge of creation billions of years elapsed.

Gravitational time dilation is a somewhat difficult concept to grasp, and the mathematics involved is definitely beyond a lay person, but the basic idea of time flowing faster at points of greater gravitational potential should be a fairly easy notion to consider.

good explanation. thank you
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#53New Post! Feb 27, 2014 @ 03:04:58
@Erimitus Said

The speed of light is independent of the speed of its source.

if light was slower then the speed of light, what would it look like?
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#54New Post! Feb 27, 2014 @ 03:06:23
@Erimitus Said

on hallucinogenic drugs, folks breath pink air.

true.
might be how the song got written.
planet claire by the b-52's
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#55New Post! Feb 27, 2014 @ 03:08:13
@Erimitus Said

good explanation. thank you

i thought so too.
tis hard to explain God speed and God time.

#56New Post! Feb 27, 2014 @ 03:24:01
@Willi Said

if light was slower then the speed of light, what would it look like?

The speed of light is three hundred million meters per second in a vacuum. In other mediums the speed is slower. (e.g. light moves slower in water than it does in air)

#57New Post! Feb 27, 2014 @ 03:25:03
@Willi Said

i thought so too.
tis hard to explain God speed and God time.

yeah
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#58New Post! Mar 02, 2014 @ 03:08:35
@Erimitus Said

The speed of light is three hundred million meters per second in a vacuum. In other mediums the speed is slower. (e.g. light moves slower in water than it does in air)

since space can stretch faster then the speed of light, something is faster then the speed of light.

How Scientists Stopped Light

#59New Post! Mar 02, 2014 @ 09:49:49
@Willi Said

since space can stretch faster then the speed of light, something is faster then the speed of light.

How Scientists Stopped Light

I did not know that space can stretch faster than the speed of light.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#60New Post! Mar 02, 2014 @ 18:55:50
@Erimitus Said

I did not know that space can stretch faster than the speed of light.

from what i have read/watched, it can.
it is why we wonder if we can see all the light that exists, or if we can only see about 14 billion lightyears out.
What is the Universe Expanding Into?

Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs