The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Random

calling all gays, calling all gays. please respond to call.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
Aden On November 28, 2014

, Canada
#16New Post! Feb 13, 2014 @ 02:04:51
Why do you have to be gay? Why can't someone straight talk with him? I get the whole "gay support" thing but I'm sure just ANYONE to talk to will do. Why not you?
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#17New Post! Feb 13, 2014 @ 02:14:21
@Aden Said

Why do you have to be gay? Why can't someone straight talk with him? I get the whole "gay support" thing but I'm sure just ANYONE to talk to will do. Why not you?

I think the guy is lonely and going through some stuff so it would be best someone also gay talks to him as they know what he is going through but I could be reading into things.

Like perhaps he has some struggles being gay or shunned by his family or loved ones and therefore is lonely and someone who is gay and can relate would be a huge help.
Aden On November 28, 2014

, Canada
#18New Post! Feb 13, 2014 @ 02:32:25
@DorkySupergirl Said

I think the guy is lonely and going through some stuff so it would be best someone also gay talks to him as they know what he is going through but I could be reading into things.

Like perhaps he has some struggles being gay or shunned by his family or loved ones and therefore is lonely and someone who is gay and can relate would be a huge help.

Yeah, I suppose. I just figured anybody would be better then nobody until you can find that somebody. lol
someone_else_again On May 20, 2021
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#19New Post! Feb 13, 2014 @ 18:45:53
@Aden Said

Yeah, I suppose. I just figured anybody would be better then nobody until you can find that somebody. lol

Yeah but he probably already has a few "anybodies." It's hard to talk about issues with people who seriously can't relate (not by their own fault).

I could talk to a woman going through menopause but I'd be of no help to her because I'm not going through it.
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#20New Post! Feb 13, 2014 @ 20:52:57
@Aden Said

I find for myself when I need to talk to someone about something serious it makes it worse to talk to someone who has not gone through it. The reason it makes it worse is because when one is already that emotional, that upset, that hurt, hearing the wrong thing, someone not reacting well to what you are sharing or being insensitive is enough to go from on the verge of a breakdown to a full on break breakdown so for certain things I only want to talk to someone who has gone through it.

I usually end up in a fight with people because I have tried to share with people who have not gone though something and they say the most hurtful things and some is downright mean and cruel or they do not seem to care so I end up in a fight with them and then worse off emotionally for them doing that to me.

When going through things you find out who your real friends are and the people who really care are. Turns out, most you thought were friends are not and most people are selfish, inconsiderate and uncaring.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#21New Post! Feb 16, 2014 @ 01:06:13
he talks with my daughter.
he hopes to be able to do more on line with a new phone he hopes to get soon.
alk1975 On August 11, 2016

Jackson, Missouri
#22New Post! Feb 16, 2014 @ 01:16:59
@Willi Said

great idea.
i'm guessing they don't advertise in schools or churches.

The university I went to did advertise a gay community group, and they welcomed people from all over the community and of all ages to their social activities (which were not intended as hookups but rather a place to be oneself). Perhaps, if there is a university near you, you could see if they have something similar
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#23New Post! Feb 16, 2014 @ 01:22:00
@alk1975 Said

The university I went to did advertise a gay community group, and they welcomed people from all over the community and of all ages to their social activities (which were not intended as hookups but rather a place to be oneself). Perhaps, if there is a university near you, you could see if they have something similar

My college had a group called Prism that was a gay/bi/lesbian group. I had a few friends who were members and I supported them openly and they accepted people from all walks of life regardless of whether they were students or not. I'd also recommend checking local universities.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#24New Post! Feb 16, 2014 @ 01:23:41
@alk1975 Said

not in this town.
he sounds happy knowing he will have some contact when he gets his new phone.
a mental handycap stops him from driving.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs