Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#31New Post! Jan 23, 2014 @ 18:59:04
i try to laugh my way out of anger.
it works sometimes.

other times i go to the moon and set up my laser to distroy this world.

Merry Melodies: I'm a Martian | The Looney Tunes Show | Cartoon Network

magically_delicious On October 27, 2020

, California
#32New Post! Mar 27, 2014 @ 02:44:07
Meditation, I saw it was mentioned previously. Practicing mind control helps you can reign yourself in when you "lose it."

I am a naturally high strung, anxious, over-thinking, sensitive type person. When something pisses me off, I go through a series of calm down techniques. They involve asking myself if this will matter in a year, will I feel the same way in the morning, etc. I also sit and concentrate on breathing and repeating calm, positive thoughts over and over - often out loud.

It's all about stress management.
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#33New Post! Mar 27, 2014 @ 04:20:00
@Grasshopper Said

Okay, so here's the thing. Sometimes the most random things will set me off, and I literally have to pace and punch a wall to keep myself back from hurting people. I get dizzy and almost pass out from being so angry. Today it happened and I was in tears afterwards because I had no idea what to do with all the crap going through my head. Has anybody else ever got so worked up that you're shaking with fury, and you start to get dizzy from being so worked up?

How do you snap yourself out of it? How do you cope with it? And how do you keep yourself from getting to that point?

This is a long term solution, but, change your self perception, and also, the perception you have of others.

No person is perfectly good or evil, we are all somewhere in between. Failing something does not make us a failure. Every person, including *you* has value as a person just because you are a person. Beauty, intelligence, money, fame etc., add nothing to the value of a human. We will never be liked by everyone, nor will we like everyone. Everyone including me can be and at times is an asshat but that does not make us bad or wrong, it just makes us human... and, you alone always have control over your actions even though you don't always have control of your emotions.

Working out all the above helped me stop getting angry.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#34New Post! Mar 27, 2014 @ 04:32:34
@Grasshopper Said

How do you snap yourself out of it?

When I am angry and seeing red and want to snap out of it I pick up a bible and randomly start reading some inane passage. This usually makes me laugh... mostly because it makes people think that I actually read it because I believe it!

Anyway, this usually distracts me long enough for the people around me to run for their lives.

If that doesn't work, I start looking at all the stuff I want to smash and the people I want to kill... I then start listing in my mind the monetary and legal costs of carrying through with my desire to smash and/or kill. Somewhere between the $ I don't want to pay and the jail time I don't want to serve, I get control of my self.

As for long term solutions... read everyone else's posts....
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#35New Post! Mar 27, 2014 @ 04:38:47
@chaski Said

If that doesn't work, I start looking at all the stuff I want to smash and the people I want to kill... I then start listing in my mind the monetary and legal costs of carrying through with my desire to smash and/or kill. Somewhere between the $ I don't want to pay and the jail time I don't want to serve, I get control of my self.

Although, a murder sufficiently well planned should not lead to jail time... so, think first, then kill away
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#36New Post! Mar 27, 2014 @ 04:39:58
@bob_the_fisherman Said

Although, a murder sufficiently well planned should not lead to jail time... so, think first, then kill away

That falls in the category of the long term solution.
smallBUTTerflies On January 07, 2020
Weaker than homeopat

Plymouth,
#37New Post! Mar 27, 2014 @ 05:32:25
I get online and write the most verbose, eloquent rant I can muster. I look for words to describe exactly the caliber of absolute bulls***tery I encountered, and use that. I rake in the facebook likes and smile at my own cunning brilliance.

Cello music also helps.
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#38New Post! Apr 27, 2014 @ 14:24:07
Camomile tea is a godsend at times like that. I usually sit with a cup and a blank word document and just write down everything I'm feeling to get it out of my system.

Breathing techniques will probably help too.
Judas On September 02, 2015

, Canada
#39New Post! Apr 27, 2014 @ 16:14:24
Atavan. Keeps me sane.
Dredd On August 16, 2015

Sheffield, United Kingdom
#40New Post! May 11, 2014 @ 12:50:42
Learn your triggers and try to limit your exposure to them and learn your early signs this is coming and extricate yourself to somewhere you can either rage at a mirror or calm yourself down in safety. Try to avoid pharmaceuticals like propananolol as you will build up a dependency and/or tolerance which means when you REALLY need them they wont be as effective.
alk1975 On August 11, 2016

Jackson, Missouri
#41New Post! May 11, 2014 @ 20:50:45
A few tips:

1. The breathing that other people have already suggested is good. But you need to practice multiple times a day even when you are not feeling angry for your body to start using it as a go to response. You won't be able to rationally think during those bouts of anger about how you should be responding. Just won't happen.

2. Your feelings of inferiority are driving your anger, and bottling so many emotions makes it impossible for you to handle minor irritations in an appropriate way. They just top off the bottle and boil over out of the top. I would strongly suggest seeing a counselor to work on your self-esteem, recognition and acknowledgement of your emotions, and tactics for restructuring your thoughts and handling your emotions.

3. Journaling could be good if you do it well. I find though that a lot of people really have no idea how to journal in a way that will provide either insight or release. At work we have the ladies do thinking reports and it looks a lot like this, though the form isn't exactly the same. The elements are all pretty much there though.

Thinking report

They get turned into me which does a couple of things. It increases my insight into what the client is thinking/feeling, and they provide an opportunity for them to get feedback about very specific elements of situations. In addition, they help them to increase their own insight and over time they seem to encourage change, recognition of thinking errors, etc.

4. Examples of thinking errors would be things like "crisis building" which is expecting crisis situations based on limited information and getting yourself worked up about it; or black and white/ all or nothing thinking.

Google thinking errors and you should find lots of resources on those. Recognizing them and correcting for them can go a long ways towards reducing anxiety, anger, etc.
Dredd On August 16, 2015

Sheffield, United Kingdom
#42New Post! Jun 16, 2014 @ 14:24:10
Have you thought of getting some sort of self help material for managing anger and improving your self belief/NLP etc? this may help but isnt free, or quick as you have to learn how to be a new person. I was having similar several years ago and am slowly on the road to recovery(thats a misnomer, I will never recover but I will grow to be able to overcome it.)
lover On June 27, 2014

Indianapolis, Indiana
#43New Post! Jun 27, 2014 @ 23:29:47
Take deep calming breaths and just think that I do not have to act like that.
munkey On October 03, 2015

Vancouver, Canada
#44New Post! Jul 25, 2014 @ 01:44:14
I know that my husband gets like taht first thing I tell him to do is breathe and put on the headphones and go for a long walk if you can. If your at work and you get like that say a prayer. Im not a religious person but even shall i say try to find time to meditate not pray , find time for yourself and reflect on the things that make you happy think of inner peace and the things that make you happy , try and write down the things that bother you each nite and let out your feelings.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs