Forums: Technology & Internet:
Security

Kaspersky PURE 3.0

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
puzZles On November 13, 2020

Inside my mind's mind, United
#1New Post! Jan 11, 2014 @ 02:45:46
After a break up with my boyfriend I am back living temporarily with my parents.

My step-dad is a drinker, and a control freak. Long story short, I am using their computer. He has security called Kaspersky PURE 3.0 which to my understanding has a password manager. He and my mom share the same computer but use separate screens or environments. I will be using her screen.
My question is, if I do my online banking on her screen, will he then be able to go somehow, and see my passwords?
I feel so stupid asking this. I have looked it up online but am left still just as confused. Anyone who knows anything about this security and how it works I would appreciate the info.
sAeGeSpAeNe On October 05, 2021
Part-time Nidologist

The other Bristol..., Connecti
#2New Post! Jan 11, 2014 @ 02:59:44
@puzZles Said

After a break up with my boyfriend I am back living temporarily with my parents.

My step-dad is a drinker, and a control freak. Long story short, I am using their computer. He has security called Kaspersky PURE 3.0 which to my understanding has a password manager. He and my mom share the same computer but use separate screens or environments. I will be using her screen.
My question is, if I do my online banking on her screen, will he then be able to go somehow, and see my passwords?
I feel so stupid asking this. I have looked it up online but am left still just as confused. Anyone who knows anything about this security and how it works I would appreciate the info.

If he is Admin on 'his' computer, and has installed the program, he most likely has created the password for mom, too. So, if he is so inclined, he could easily see her (and your) passwords, unless perhaps there is an option to "not remember" them, within the Kaspersky....

Good luck.

Here is a link to what the program can do....
https://usa.kaspersky.com/products-services/home-computer-security/pure/?domain=kaspersky.com
JR_Sanford On August 02, 2017

Portland (St. Johns), Oregon
#3New Post! Jan 11, 2014 @ 03:02:35
@puzZles Said

Your bank should have at least 128 bit encryption when entering passwords. When in doubt, call your bank and ask them. Personally, I really don't think he'll find out your passwords unless he is videoing you in some way. Just to be safe, change all your passwords, log in using the new passwords and be sure to deselect "save password".

J.R.
puzZles On November 13, 2020

Inside my mind's mind, United
#4New Post! Jan 11, 2014 @ 03:41:06
@sAeGeSpAeNe Said

If he is Admin on 'his' computer, and has installed the program, he most likely has created the password for mom, too. So, if he is so inclined, he could easily see her (and your) passwords, unless perhaps there is an option to "not remember" them, within the Kaspersky....

Good luck.

Here is a link to what the program can do....
https://usa.kaspersky.com/products-services/home-computer-security/pure/?domain=kaspersky.com

Thanks I'll check that out.

Mom created her own passwords, she doesn't trust him either. lol But this has us both worried. lol

@JR_Sanford Said

Your bank should have at least 128 bit encryption when entering passwords. When in doubt, call your bank and ask them. Personally, I really don't think he'll find out your passwords unless he is videoing you in some way. Just to be safe, change all your passwords, log in using the new passwords and be sure to deselect "save password".

J.R.

I always deselect "save password" anyway, just feels safer or something.
I think you're probably right about the bank though. If I can't find out for sure soon, I'll call them tomorrow. Thanks.
GreenAppleKing On April 23, 2015

Deleted

, United States (general)
#5New Post! Jan 12, 2014 @ 01:25:51
@puzZles Said

Kaspersky ought not be an automatic key-logger . . . .

I can't imagine it would be.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs