Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...7 8 9
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#121New Post! Jan 01, 2014 @ 21:05:13
EB:

if: Earth is a creation

Then: the overall events taking place in the earth
And: the affects those events have on its subjects

…are representative of the overall moral integrity of the mastermind behind its creation.

E: If you are saying that reality is a creation and the events in this creation represent the morality of the creator then I understand. I would add that we create our own reality and that this reality is a representation of our morality. And ...and our morality is a representation of the spirit of the times. This is a circle. The creation influences the creator and the creator influence the creation. This is a sort of feed back loop. Art, for example, is a reflection of the times.

What do you think?

OK a quick story: (it could be true)

In the 19th century a Native American went to a white man's school. When he finished his studies he returned to his tribe and became the medicine man. That fall the tribe came to him and asked if the winter was going to be cold. Being educated the medicine man knew to telegraph the weather bureau to see if the winter would be a cold one. The weather bureau said yes it would be a cold winter. The medicine man told the tribe it was going to be a cold winter and to cut a lot of wood.

A few weeks later the medicine man telegraphed the weather Bureau again. The weather bureau told him it was going to be an exceptionally cold winter. So the medicine man told his tribe to cut even more wood.

A few days before the start of winter the medicine man contacted the weather bureau again. The weather bureau told him that they were expecting the coldest winter ever. The medicine man asked why and they told him that the Indians were cutting firewood like mad.

This is a feed back loop. The creation influences the creator and the creator influences the creation.

If we accept that there is no spoon. Then we are left alone in the desert of the real. That is why most of us take the blue pill. It is nice to have the company (even if it is a fabrication)...
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#122New Post! Jan 04, 2014 @ 10:38:06
@Eaglebauer Said

Again, short of spending every waking minute with another person through his or her entire life, it's nigh impossible to know that of anyone but yourself. The person you believe doesn't deserve the things he has, regardless of how shallow or one dimensional he may appear, still is larger than the limited contact you have had with him and has done many things you have never seen.

Tell that to Townie.

I'm judgmental of judgmental people.

@Eaglebauer Said

If your concern is simply "staying out of trouble" wouldn't it make more sense to not bother with judgment of those other people.

See above - Normally it wouldn't be an issue but their judgments lead to decisions which lead to tropes (and in worst instances those tropes become law) which I am subject too.

But I've began ignoring. I realize now I can preach until I'm blue in the face but I won't be able to prevent anyone from f***ing things up further.

I'm just thankful I have no children and move along towards death not enabling the mess myself.

@Eaglebauer Said

and simply to focus on what you earn and how you do so? It is what I endeavor to do and has worked rather well for me.

I've been practicing focus (you can check back on my posts here several years ago).

A wise man once said 's*** Happens.' It does me no good to complain - just do what I'm capable of doing and let the chips fall where they may.

A trivial hobby led to a recent discovery for me: Gaming - going around complaining about titles that didn't work or were half finished was only offering free advertisement for the developers.

And at the same time, b****ing about broken games were taking my time away from the hundreds that did work.

Really, keeping a poker face is the key. I mean which monkey is more amusing to prod with an electric stick? The one that just ignores it or the one that demonstrates all sorts of new screeches and cage-break attempts?
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#123New Post! Jan 04, 2014 @ 10:41:42
@Electric_Banana Said

I'm judgmental of judgmental people.

Why? Is it worth the effort?

, New Zealand
#124New Post! Jan 04, 2014 @ 11:02:42
@Erimitus Said

EB:

if: Earth is a creation

Then: the overall events taking place in the earth
And: the affects those events have on its subjects

…are representative of the overall moral integrity of the mastermind behind its creation.

E: If you are saying that reality is a creation and the events in this creation represent the morality of the creator then I understand. I would add that we create our own reality and that this reality is a representation of our morality. And ...and our morality is a representation of the spirit of the times. This is a circle. The creation influences the creator and the creator influence the creation. This is a sort of feed back loop. Art, for example, is a reflection of the times.

What do you think?

OK a quick story: (it could be true)

In the 19th century a Native American went to a white man's school. When he finished his studies he returned to his tribe and became the medicine man. That fall the tribe came to him and asked if the winter was going to be cold. Being educated the medicine man knew to telegraph the weather bureau to see if the winter would be a cold one. The weather bureau said yes it would be a cold winter. The medicine man told the tribe it was going to be a cold winter and to cut a lot of wood.

A few weeks later the medicine man telegraphed the weather Bureau again. The weather bureau told him it was going to be an exceptionally cold winter. So the medicine man told his tribe to cut even more wood.

A few days before the start of winter the medicine man contacted the weather bureau again. The weather bureau told him that they were expecting the coldest winter ever. The medicine man asked why and they told him that the Indians were cutting firewood like mad.

This is a feed back loop. The creation influences the creator and the creator influences the creation.

If we accept that there is no spoon. Then we are left alone in the desert of the real. That is why most of us take the blue pill. It is nice to have the company (even if it is a fabrication)...

Yeah that goes right back to folks (like myself) getting trapped in the illusion that films, stories and music makes (as you said: 'Art' ) - One man's theory become everyone elses' exponentially and with many bizarre variations.

As for us being the exact same person - I am not too sure. It looks to me like we are borrowing from the same disembodied personality which has a personality of it's own which we then tend to express when using it to communicate.

And actually, going by the old idea of "demi-gods" or "affinities" I'm not sure they are much more than A.I. that helps us to communicate and "us" being the individuals still asking questions.

For instance - I don't know what you had for dinner this evening.

Now, taking a wild guess - If it turns out we are sharing different affinities (at context appropriate times) - during those times we might be able to reach through to each other and learn of each others' current general thoughts ("Telepathy" ).

But from what I've experienced (and although I can not prove it) it does look like we have a genuine (and non-artificial) distinctive self which is only being aided (for whatever really strange reason) by artificial devices.

And there in goes old news footage of a monkey telekeneticaly bringing a robotic arm with a banana to it (when the footage was used again they changed the story (red herring I'm sure) that in order for the ape to 'will' the mechanic arm they had to chip his brain.).

But what if that was footage not from ten years back but several centuries back? How far could science go with remotely operating a robot using telekinesis?

Just theories but this what often times adds up for me --> When we finally die we might all wind up as baboons.

, New Zealand
#125New Post! Jan 04, 2014 @ 11:04:41
@Eaglebauer Said

Why? Is it worth the effort?

No..as I'm finding it out, it hasn't been.

Especially when you get the impression that most are doing so for the sake of getting a reaction because there really isn't much else of value to discuss or ponder.

Backwards trolling more or less. Starting up a pitchfork riot got boring so now they all pretend to be the pitchfork riot themselves.
GreenAppleKing On April 23, 2015

Deleted

, United States (general)
#126New Post! Jan 04, 2014 @ 13:06:09
@Electric_Banana Said

Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me twice and I begin to dissect my very existence and everything in it.

I met with too much deception back when I was innocent.

I've realized how many of the possible deceptions there could be and how deep they could go.

In a world that never offers an honest answer you stop asking honest questions.

Are you married?
alk1975 On August 11, 2016

Jackson, Missouri
#127New Post! Jan 04, 2014 @ 16:58:43
@GreenAppleKing Said

Are you married?

He has a live in mate

, New Zealand
#128New Post! Jan 04, 2014 @ 20:59:27
@GreenAppleKing Said

Are you married?

Nope

@alk1975 Said

He has a live in mate

Yes.

Too expensive to get married and not much incentive for either of us to do so.

We still plan on being together 'til death do us part' and no one is going to hand us more money for being in possession of a certificate.
Hypnotica On October 08, 2023

Banned

Steel City (Sheffield), United
#129New Post! Jan 04, 2014 @ 21:33:14
@Electric_Banana Said

Nope

Yes.

Too expensive to get married and not much incentive for either of us to do so.

We still plan on being together 'til death do us part' and no one is going to hand us more money for being in possession of a certificate.

Do you do anything if there is no money involved? You seem a bit obsessed. Its all u talk about

, New Zealand
#130New Post! Jan 04, 2014 @ 21:37:16
@Hypnotica Said

Do you do anything if there is no money involved? You seem a bit obsessed. Its all u talk about

Nope. And I don't sell myself cheap either.
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#131New Post! Jan 04, 2014 @ 21:40:00
@Hypnotica Said

Money is like oxygen. When you don't have any you tend to obsess...
Hypnotica On October 08, 2023

Banned

Steel City (Sheffield), United
#132New Post! Jan 04, 2014 @ 22:56:38
@Erimitus Said

Money is like oxygen. When you don't have any you tend to obsess...

I just find it funny because a lot of his posts are about who are obsessed with money.
alk1975 On August 11, 2016

Jackson, Missouri
#133New Post! Jan 05, 2014 @ 02:39:38
@Hypnotica Said

I just find it funny because a lot of his posts are about who are obsessed with money.

The human psyche is funny like that.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...7 8 9

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs