Racism

Bringing our children home: An introduction to the Indian Child Welfare Act

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#1New Post! Oct 14, 2013 @ 19:55:57
I know too many of these stories. They are similar to those of family & friends.
SUPPORT THE ICWA
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#2New Post! Oct 14, 2013 @ 20:29:16
Shino, special request - Can you pull me up that 70's propositional ad, concerning Racism, which depicts (indirectly) Geronimo speaking through various people throughout the duration of the ad...

Zealand has some sort of censor control on what Google here can Google.

Ironically the ad was repeated by Zealand's Channel One with various children throughout the ad claiming they are all 'One Voice.'

, New Zealand
#3New Post! Oct 14, 2013 @ 20:33:53
Also, on topic:

Native Americans were not putting those children up for adoption and instead they were being taken into custody by Carl Jr's?

If reasons were based on scrutiny of lifestyle....I think you guys are really going to have to tackle the source of all bad reputation: The Christian Church.
sparkley On January 29, 2014

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Oct 14, 2013 @ 20:34:37
@Electric_Banana Said

Shino, special request - Can you pull me up that 70's propositional ad, concerning Racism, which depicts (indirectly) Geronimo speaking through various people throughout the duration of the ad...

Ironically the ad was repeated by Zealand's Channel One with various children throughout the ad claiming they are all 'One Voice.'

What has that got to do with anything?

, New Zealand
#5New Post! Oct 14, 2013 @ 20:37:42
@sparkley Said

What has that got to do with anything?

It wasn't on topic but Shino first posted it a couple of years back and I could never find the thread again. I want to download and save the video.

Figured while he was rifling through his source of First Nation videos he might be able to pull that one out as well.
sparkley On January 29, 2014

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Oct 14, 2013 @ 20:38:19
@Electric_Banana Said

It wasn't on topic but Shino first posted it a couple of years back and I could never find the thread again. I want to download and save the video.

Figured while he was rifling through his source of First Nation videos he might be able to pull that one out as well.

Honestly were you just trying to bait the OP?

, New Zealand
#7New Post! Oct 14, 2013 @ 20:45:07
@sparkley Said

Honestly were you just trying to bait the OP?

Nope, and originally I was just going to PM him for it but I figured it would be more accessible in the future if left in a thread because I sweep my PMs every so often.

The second comment "Carl Jrs" wasn't a bait either but rather an empathic joke referencing the movie "Idiocracy" where in children in the future were being taken under custody by large and stupid conglomerates for stupid reasons.

, New Zealand
#8New Post! Oct 14, 2013 @ 20:49:00
Oh and BTW I don't blame the religious subliminal in that ad on First Nation...I'm not even sure if most of First Nation is even aware of it.

Comically, however, it serves as more example as to why First Nation would prefer to keep their kin from undergoing assimilation by modern culture.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#9New Post! Oct 15, 2013 @ 02:39:52
@Electric_Banana Said

Also, on topic:

Native Americans were not putting those children up for adoption and instead they were being taken into custody by Carl Jr's?

If reasons were based on scrutiny of lifestyle....I think you guys are really going to have to tackle the source of all bad reputation: The Christian Church.

Bingo! The devil is in the details for sure!
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#10New Post! Oct 15, 2013 @ 02:45:17
@Electric_Banana Said

Not finding it yet. Anymore info I can check?

, New Zealand
#11New Post! Oct 15, 2013 @ 06:41:28
@shinobinoz Said

Not finding it yet. Anymore info I can check?

Hmm....nope and I think you had originally linked to YouTube. Perhaps the net gremlins decided that old pranks are still useful and pulled the video before anyone could break it down and make it common.

I do remember that one of the speakers in the ad clearly stated "Geronimo is a not a code word for paratroopers."
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#12New Post! Oct 16, 2013 @ 03:47:10
Here ya be! I forgot it was that crazy bunch at 1491's:

Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#13New Post! Oct 16, 2013 @ 03:55:26
A nutter gud'n:

Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)