News & Current Events

4 Boys Saved From Life of Starving in Filth

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#1New Post! Oct 10, 2013 @ 14:40:10
Quote:
This week saw the first hearing in the child abuse case of Wayne Sperling, 66, and Lorinda Bailey, 35, Denver parents who allegedly left their children, ages 2, 4, 5, and 6, malnourished and living in disgusting conditions. The boys could only talk in grunts; they weren't toilet-trained, and feces were strewn throughout their apartment home.
child protection officials knew about the family for more than a year

https://www.newser.com/story/175652/4-boys-saved-after-life-of-starving-in-filth-cops.html?utm_source=part&utm_medium=united&utm_campaign=rss_top

I would like to hear CPS excuse for not doing their jobs.
Silver_Lining On March 21, 2023
RIP Boobie

STOKE-ON-TRENT, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Oct 10, 2013 @ 15:14:14
Disgusting that they were allowed to live in those conditions for so long, esepcially as concerns had previously been raised. However, I'm glad to hear of a case where the children have been rescued from that life. We're hearing of so many that haven't lately.
JamieP On June 27, 2018

, Massachusetts
#3New Post! Oct 10, 2013 @ 15:51:47
I hate reading these kinds of stories. Kills me. The poor children
Would also love to hear CPS reasoning for not stepping in sooner.
Judas On September 02, 2015

, Canada
#4New Post! Oct 10, 2013 @ 16:01:47
CPS and the like are useless. Always have been, always will be probably. I'd rather go to Juvie then ever dealwith the sort again. SPCA treats stray dogs better.

n/a, New Mexico
#5New Post! Oct 10, 2013 @ 17:19:59
Quote:
A family lawyer working near the home says he called child abuse services twice—once in 2012, and once this year—regarding his concerns, but the calls weren't investigated.

Maybe because it was a lawyer that specializes in Family law that called the last two times CPS will be held acountable for leaving those children in that home with th parents . We can always hope something could comeof it.
paramour On July 30, 2014

Purgatory Beach,
#6New Post! Oct 10, 2013 @ 21:50:02
@white_swan53 Said

Maybe because it was a lawyer that specializes in Family law that called the last two times CPS will be held acountable for leaving those children in that home with th parents . We can always hope something could comeof it.

Pfft. I doubt it would matter the identity of the caller. I've had the misfortune to call CPS on numerous occasions: once on a personal matter and umpteen gazillion times due to being a mandated reporter. They actually ask, "So why are you calling? Even if the child was injured, if the police were called, and surely they HAD TO HAVE BEEN in such a situation, then the police are also mandated reporters and would have already made this call. You're wasting your time."

Nevermind that I have police documentation that clearly indicates they 9 times out of 10 don't call themselves.

Worthless.

EDIT: Corrected typos.

n/a, New Mexico
#7New Post! Oct 10, 2013 @ 23:09:45
@paramour Said

Pfft. I doubt it would matter the identity of the caller. I've had the misfortune to call CPS on numerous occasions: once on a personal matter and umpteen gazillion times due to being a mandated reporter. They actually ask, "So why are you calling? Even if the child was injured, if the police were called, and surely they HAD TO HAVE BEEN in such a situation, then the police are also mandated reporters and would have already made this call. You're wasting your time."

Nevermind that I have police documentation that clearly indicates they 9 times out of 10 don't call themselves.

Worthless.

EDIT: Corrected typos.

I can relate to it being a waste of time and energy to call the CPS .
I have called once and written once , to CPS to report children being neglected and /or abused and both times the only thing that happened was in the case where I had called the CPS , the caseworker gave the parents my name,address and phone number and in the one where I had written to the CPS they sent the parents a copy of the letter which of course had my complete contact info . Nothing was done about the neglected or abused children.
Several months after I had written the letter about kids in an abusive situation the parents were arrested for child endangerment when they were stopped and arrested driving while drunk with the kids in the car.
The one where I had called had 3 little kids one was just about a year old and what made me decide to call was I seen that baby eating out of the cat's litter box , when I moved the kid away from there it started crying , the mom asked me what happened , when I told her she just laughed and said " yeah, she always does that."
yami On September 11, 2016

Banned

grimsby, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Oct 11, 2013 @ 09:59:04
Sowhat would you replace the CPS with? In fairness to them you probably don’t hear about the success stories of the ones they save. Only the negative stories make the press.
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#9New Post! Oct 12, 2013 @ 07:06:55
@JamieP Said

I hate reading these kinds of stories. Kills me. The poor children
Would also love to hear CPS reasoning for not stepping in sooner.

Too busy chasing after fat children's parents.

"Your children will be placed in the custody of Carl's Jr."

n/a, New Mexico
#10New Post! Oct 14, 2013 @ 23:59:07
@yami Said

Sowhat would you replace the CPS with? In fairness to them you probably don’t hear about the success stories of the ones they save. Only the negative stories make the press.

When I Google 'Child Protective Services success stories?' I got 5 success stories , one "CHILD 'PROTECTIVE' SERVICES DESTROYED MY FAMILY " story and one ' How CPS decides when to remove a child' article.
As far as replacing CPS, IMO it is just like all government run services , to many bosses pushing papers and to few hands on people in the field.
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#11New Post! Oct 15, 2013 @ 00:29:15
@white_swan53 Said

When I Google 'Child Protective Services success stories?' I got 5 success stories , one "CHILD 'PROTECTIVE' SERVICES DESTROYED MY FAMILY " story and one ' How CPS decides when to remove a child' article.
As far as replacing CPS, IMO it is just like all government run services , to many bosses pushing papers and to few hands on people in the field.

My first Google search pulled up the CPSs' official soundtrack.

Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs