The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Teens

How did this HAPPEN?!?!?! Make it slow down!!!

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
JorieJukebox On January 29, 2024

Right Here, Not There,
#1New Post! Oct 06, 2013 @ 01:53:46
My oldest son is getting ready to go to his Freshman Homecoming tonight. Wasn't he just born, like, LAST WEEK?!?!?!?

The girl he asked isn't allowed to date, so he and his friends are all going as a group, as to not break her parents' rules! So funny, because I did the exact same thing on the exact same night, only I was the one who wasn't allowed to date!

I just can't believe it sometimes... even tho I'm about to turn 27 ***cough36cough***... I still feel like a kid myself most the time... And here I am with one kid in high school, and the other telling me he can't wait til he's in kindergarten and can be a 'school kid.' The other day I was telling him he was being ridiculous, only I said it 'ridikkiliss' and he says "Mom, you mean 'RIDICULOUS.' He's FOUR.
I'm such a proud Momma tho! I've been so blessed when it comes to my boys!
Corey On January 25, 2022

Sacramento, California
#2New Post! Oct 06, 2013 @ 06:50:34
You can make the world slower if you speed up. Athletes call it "Flow State."

https://breakingmuscle.com/sports-psychology/being-in-the-zone-the-flow-state-in-athletic-endeavors

Your life went by as you moved to slowly. Buy a good wrist watch, write a calendar and a daily planner. Set targets, set goals, do more each day. Refine your procedures, streamline. Keep in motion. Back pack, bike ride, go skiing, take your family with you. Walk faster......................

Corey.
sparkley On January 29, 2014

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Oct 06, 2013 @ 08:13:08
@Corey Said

You can make the world slower if you speed up. Athletes call it "Flow State."

https://breakingmuscle.com/sports-psychology/being-in-the-zone-the-flow-state-in-athletic-endeavors

Your life went by as you moved to slowly. Buy a good wrist watch, write a calendar and a daily planner. Set targets, set goals, do more each day. Refine your procedures, streamline. Keep in motion. Back pack, bike ride, go skiing, take your family with you. Walk faster......................

Corey.

Walk faster? Not quite sure that is what Jorie means, think she wants us to laugh at how life goes quickly by and be amused by her post.
BozieFozie On May 19, 2022
Life's a Beach

Paradise, Florida
#4New Post! Oct 09, 2013 @ 11:28:12
@jorie_13 Said

My oldest son is getting ready to go to his Freshman Homecoming tonight. Wasn't he just born, like, LAST WEEK?!?!?!?

The girl he asked isn't allowed to date, so he and his friends are all going as a group, as to not break her parents' rules! So funny, because I did the exact same thing on the exact same night, only I was the one who wasn't allowed to date!

I just can't believe it sometimes... even tho I'm about to turn 27 ***cough36cough***... I still feel like a kid myself most the time... And here I am with one kid in high school, and the other telling me he can't wait til he's in kindergarten and can be a 'school kid.' The other day I was telling him he was being ridiculous, only I said it 'ridikkiliss' and he says "Mom, you mean 'RIDICULOUS.' He's FOUR.
I'm such a proud Momma tho! I've been so blessed when it comes to my boys!

Jorie, the lament of every good parent....it went too quickly! I just have one nineteen year old daughter.....she WAS just four, I swear. And I was present and enjoyed EVERY MINUTE of her babyhood, childhood, etc. and it still flew. I don't regret anything, but I look back over her life and WHEW.............................
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#5New Post! Oct 09, 2013 @ 11:31:19
@BozieFozie Said

Jorie, the lament of every good parent....it went too quickly! I just have one nineteen year old daughter.....she WAS just four, I swear. And I was present and enjoyed EVERY MINUTE of her babyhood, childhood, etc. and it still flew. I don't regret anything, but I look back over her life and WHEW.............................

You fed her growth hormones didn't you? DIDN'T YOU!?!?!?!?!
BozieFozie On May 19, 2022
Life's a Beach

Paradise, Florida
#6New Post! Oct 09, 2013 @ 11:42:27
@Eaglebauer Said

You fed her growth hormones didn't you? DIDN'T YOU!?!?!?!?!

Yep....she's 6'10" and an all-star on her college basketball team!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs