Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6
someone_else_again On May 20, 2021
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#76New Post! Sep 06, 2013 @ 17:58:34
@Electric_Banana Said

Anti-psychotics average about $300 for a month's supply in the States.

The therapy may be affordable but I highly doubt anyone will provide the necessary medications for free.

Dunno...there's lots of charities out there. What kind of anti-psychotics? Is that the cost for the generic?
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#77New Post! Sep 07, 2013 @ 03:47:07
@someone_else_again Said

Dunno...there's lots of charities out there. What kind of anti-psychotics? Is that the cost for the generic?

Pretty much and the Social Worker in TN who I spoke with told me that I was pretty much screwed, blued and tatooed.

, New Zealand
#78New Post! Sep 07, 2013 @ 04:02:38
@someone_else_again Said

Ohh...that's much different from what I was thinking. I thought you were being denied care (which I view differently than meds).

I can't speak to your specific scenario of course, but what you're describing, I watched my MIL go through here. Unfortunately, the gate keeper would have been right about her but your actions (after the first denial) are exactly the same as hers.

What do you mean he keeps having accidents? And what is a Gatekeeper? Is that their actual title or just what you call them?

In America you set an appointment with a clerk who doesn't ask many questions, just logs you into the next available for the doctor to speak to.

Here you speak to the clerk, who places you in touch with a nurse who evuluates the seriousness of the situation and then appoints or prescribes from there.

Guess people here in NZ don't take antipsychotic medication seriously and feel that it's quite fine for patients to just simply crash off them.

Future attempts to see this doc (anywhere from hemrhoids to chest pain) have been responded to by the nurse with "I will call you back with meds/appointment shortly" and she doesn't.

Proceeding calls to said doctor are left on an answering machine that never gets answered.

ie; I've made three attempts to set an appointment over a period of three days last week with no response.

Waited a week and finally got the nurse to make an appt two weeks from now. Whether or not their were sooner openings I am not sure.

@someone_else_again Said

Killing yourself is a DIY project. You can't ask someone else to hold the taking of your life on their conscience.

Starving others slowly is a form of murder which is even crueler.

That's ok, humans will keep denying what they're doing so that they can continue on content with themselves during their lifetime.

But their lives will eventually end and upon that instance there will be no way that they can continue to lie to themselves from that point onward.

And there will be no way for them to contact those who they've hurt and apologize.

@someone_else_again Said

Indeed. Why? Oh but let's revisit the Dark Tower discussion. What if you've already ended your life before and it just starts over again in the same nightmare?

What if the body is a prison of flesh that can be used to force the spirit into cooperation by either starving and denying its pre-programmed desires or inflicting plain on it directly?

I can list many times within which I have been denied or harmed psychologically or emotionally for not engaging in activities or cooperating with others because of inhibitions based on my own higher standards of moral and principle.

, New Zealand
#79New Post! Sep 07, 2013 @ 04:11:54
@someone_else_again Said

Ohh...that's much different from what I was thinking. I thought you were being denied care (which I view differently than meds).

What it boils down to is this clinic using a middle man between reception and doc. It's not necessary and appts get lost.

Now, I don't complain about this too much because, essentially, I should be hounding the other practicioners in the area on a weekly basis looking for an opening so that I can enroll in a different clinic.

And I've known this particular clinic to be a bit loopy for over a year now so I have procrasticated. Fortunately I haven't had any terimnal problems.
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#80New Post! Sep 24, 2013 @ 02:15:39
@someone_else_again Said

Ok...just to start off with, the tone of your post sounds like you're jumping all over me. Please don't.

We've been down that road friend. Don't read tone & intent into posts on the web- most times it will prolly be wrong.
someone_else_again On May 20, 2021
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#81New Post! Sep 24, 2013 @ 17:03:29
@shinobinoz Said

We've been down that road friend. Don't read tone & intent into posts on the web- most times it will prolly be wrong.

Again, that post was made long ago...a month and 5 pages ago. Restoreone and I have had a very meaningful conversation since then.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs