The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Religion & Philosophy

Is the Bible the WORD of God or the WORD of Satan?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...12 13 14
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#196New Post! Aug 28, 2013 @ 00:05:25
@someone_else_again Said

Oh my gosh...I have to share a story with you but I don't dare post it in public. Well..yeah...I'll PM you.

Story read and appreciated... and considered plausible, but it's a damned good insult either way
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#197New Post! Aug 28, 2013 @ 00:11:15
@someone_else_again Said

I think I would have liked you as a teacher. I have taken graded tests to teachers before inquiring how I could incorrectly answer a question that begins with the phrase "Why/What do you think..."

I wrote what I thought but I got it wrong? WTH kind of a message is that to put in a kid's head.

P.S. +1 Erimitus.

That type of thing happened to me at university, which was annoying...

But, when getting kiddies to write a persuasive/argumentative essay, my focus was on teaching them how to write a persuasive argument, not how to make me happy by tickling my ears. I would make comments about student ideas at times, but *never* in relation to their test score. It is unprofessional and far too common though, for teachers to mark kids on the ideas they present, as opposed to how they present them. That is why a lot of kids 'stick to the script' and give teachers ear candy. Sadly, this does nothing to help kids develop critical thinking skills.
someone_else_again On May 20, 2021
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#198New Post! Aug 28, 2013 @ 17:00:09
@bob_the_fisherman Said

That type of thing happened to me at university, which was annoying...

But, when getting kiddies to write a persuasive/argumentative essay, my focus was on teaching them how to write a persuasive argument, not how to make me happy by tickling my ears. I would make comments about student ideas at times, but *never* in relation to their test score. It is unprofessional and far too common though, for teachers to mark kids on the ideas they present, as opposed to how they present them. That is why a lot of kids 'stick to the script' and give teachers ear candy. Sadly, this does nothing to help kids develop critical thinking skills.

Since we're already so horrifically off-topic...let me tell you about my English 103 course.

This was back in '96 so no Google - the intent of writing the paper was partly English and partly research. We were learning to research using the internet.

First we had to choose topics which he had to approve. My topic was "Who built the pyramids?" Obviously, he approved it. I did my research, explored a few very different theories and wrote my conclusion...that no one knows and there's a wide range or speculation.

I got a C+ on it. The teacher's notes said the essay was inconclusive. Was he expecting me to actually solve the mystery? Why in the world did he allow me to write on that topic if he wanted it to be conclusive?!?

That bothered me for a while but then I realized that this was the same guy who would show up 10 minutes late for class (that he taught) because "the sun was shining."
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...12 13 14

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs