Forums:
Food & Drink

Interaction Design and Grocery Shopping

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
SpecialZ On June 30, 2013

Plano, Texas
#1New Post! Jun 30, 2013 @ 00:34:19
Hi all, my name is Zach and Im new here. I am going to UTD and am doing user research for my Interaction Design class. My group members and I are looking to design an app for one's smart phone that would map out their grocery store and show the user where to find these items, based on the users created shopping list. The idea is to "Find It Fast."

Sometimes in design asking elementary questions can reveal big insights into a way users go about their tasks. If you think about it tho, most of the time when we are interacting with something, we try not to think about it too much in the first place.

My first question I'd like to ask shoppers is:

1. When shopping, are you stocking up for short or long periods of time?

2.When shopping, are you buying for 1 or 2 people? A family?

3.Are you generally comfortable navigating new stores (ones you have never visited)?

4.Do you still search for specialty items at stores you are familiar with? (where is cheescloth)

Grocery List: Do you write it up over the week? Right before you leave? Keep it on a fridge? Prefer symbols over words? Everyone is creative with lists, this question can be very insightful to how a user naturally interacts with interfaces as simple as a list.

5.Are most people comfortable using their smart phones while shopping?

6.Perhaps you already use your smart phone for shopping purposes, how so?

7.When you arrive at the grocery store, do some of your goals include good deals or spending the least amount of time possible around by impulse buys and ads?

8.Or are you the kind that enjoys exploring the libraries of products, or rather delights in all brand name items. Maybe its dependent on items so both.

There are no right or wrong answers to these, and it inst necessary to come up novels, just novel experiences and quick opinions. If you feel passionate about your answer by all means! Also, no worries if you don't want to answer em all, anyone willing to give me their two cents for any of these questions would be a super help! Thanks all

Zach attack
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs