Boxing and kinetic energy

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
Grrrl On June 01, 2014

, United Kingdom
#16New Post! May 23, 2013 @ 19:42:55
@Conflict Said

Well, I was hoping we could talk about how energy flows when we through punches, how it charges the surface area that we hit. I know for a fact that when boxers land punches on each other,they charge each other's brains with kinetic energy.

That is a niche interest even by internet standards!
someone_else_again On May 20, 2021
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#17New Post! May 23, 2013 @ 20:49:10
@The_Judge Said

And people can argue and quote laws all they want. But when it comes down to it, when it gets physical, only one person is left tanding and that person dictates what is right and what is wrong.

You don't watch much sport fighting do you?

I've seen lots of fights where both people are standing at the end, there is no "right or wrong" and the people who fought hugged each other at the end.
The_Judge On September 17, 2013

Deleted

Your city, United Kingdom
#18New Post! May 23, 2013 @ 21:43:34
@someone_else_again Said

You don't watch much sport fighting do you?

I've seen lots of fights where both people are standing at the end, there is no "right or wrong" and the people who fought hugged each other at the end.

Yeah but the winner still knows they are better than the loser. Ive been in both positions and it sucks to be a loser. Sure you smile you hug, you tap gloves, yu shake hands, but you know they are better than you.

But then again, why would you fight someone you can easily win, you learn nothing from the experience.
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#19New Post! May 23, 2013 @ 21:45:17
@The_Judge Said

Yeah but the winner still knows they are better than the loser. Ive been in both positions and it sucks to be a loser. Sure you smile you hug, you tap gloves, yu shake hands, but you know they are better than you.

But then again, why would you fight someone you can easily win, you learn nothing from the experience.

Yes, but that's my argument. Your argument was that only one person is left standing and that person dictates what is right or wrong.

Deleted

#20New Post! May 24, 2013 @ 07:37:32
@someone_else_again Said

Yes, but that's my argument. Your argument was that only one person is left standing and that person dictates what is right or wrong.

That was more in a war environment. Not competitive sports.
boxer On June 16, 2016

Deleted
Banned

, Zimbabwe
#21New Post! May 24, 2013 @ 11:56:45
@The_Judge Said

That was more in a war environment. Not competitive sports.

Did you often box in that environment? I boxed while I was in the Navy, but just to pass time on the ship, and I served during peacetime. I think had we been at war, I'd have done very little boxing and much more lobbing of artillery onto the shores of foreign lands.

Deleted

#22New Post! May 24, 2013 @ 12:03:46
@boxer Said

Did you often box in that environment? I boxed while I was in the Navy, but just to pass time on the ship, and I served during peacetime. I think had we been at war, I'd have done very little boxing and much more lobbing of artillery onto the shores of foreign lands.

Not really, Ive never been involved in CQB, closest I have been is about 100m. Did do boxing when I was in training though and you never know if on the streets someone is going to attack you. I ve had a knife pulled on me twice, unprovoked. Just people wanting my and a drunk person trying to start a fight. The first occasion I didnt know how to look out for yself so I lost my money, my driving licence, etc. The second time I didnt back down and he ran off. But you never know how far someone will go. So always better to be prepared and know how to look after yourself.

Oh and I did a bit of Kung Fu training with the American Navy when I was based with them.
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#23New Post! May 24, 2013 @ 16:46:32
@The_Judge Said

Not really, Ive never been involved in CQB, closest I have been is about 100m. Did do boxing when I was in training though and you never know if on the streets someone is going to attack you. I ve had a knife pulled on me twice, unprovoked. Just people wanting my and a drunk person trying to start a fight. The first occasion I didnt know how to look out for yself so I lost my money, my driving licence, etc. The second time I didnt back down and he ran off. But you never know how far someone will go. So always better to be prepared and know how to look after yourself.

Oh and I did a bit of Kung Fu training with the American Navy when I was based with them.

Street fights aren't boxing either.
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#24New Post! May 24, 2013 @ 17:17:35
@someone_else_again Said

Give me my skates, my gloves and my stick. Put me on the ice and then you'll see a fight. Only conditions a true Canadian fights in. But not Tink. She's taking her Canada test so until she passes, I fight for her.
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#25New Post! May 24, 2013 @ 17:22:21
@DorkySupergirl Said

Give me my skates, my gloves and my stick. Put me on the ice and then you'll see a fight. Only conditions a true Canadian fights in. But not Tink. She's taking her Canada test so until she passes, I fight for her.

I don't think we're looking for a fight. I thought we were talking about boxing.

DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#26New Post! May 24, 2013 @ 17:24:22
@someone_else_again Said

I don't think we're looking for a fight. I thought we were talking about boxing.

Oh...it's cold here and I'm in the rain. Almost forming ice so I was getting carried away.

Deleted

#27New Post! May 24, 2013 @ 17:39:36
@someone_else_again Said

Depends how you fight.
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#28New Post! May 24, 2013 @ 17:41:06
@The_Judge Said

Depends how you fight.

You think so? Even if one person is "boxing" as their style of fighting, a "street fight" is still not boxing. The objective is different, the rules are different...it's not boxing.

Deleted

#29New Post! May 24, 2013 @ 17:42:51
@someone_else_again Said

You think so? Even if one person is "boxing" as their style of fighting, a "street fight" is still not boxing. The objective is different, the rules are different...it's not boxing.

Yeah I did mean the style. If I was in a street fight and used boxing moves only, I would still be boxing. But it wouldnt be a boxing "match".
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#30New Post! May 24, 2013 @ 17:46:33
@The_Judge Said

Yeah I did mean the style. If I was in a street fight and used boxing moves only, I would still be boxing. But it wouldnt be a boxing "match".

Fair enough.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs