News & Current Events

Website helps teens remove private photos from internet

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Dark_Tink On December 30, 2018
<3 Boobie <3

, Canada
#1New Post! Apr 23, 2013 @ 17:07:18
A new anti-cyberbullying website explains what steps young Canadians can take if explicit photographs or video of them end up online.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/story/2013/04/22/mb-needhelpnow-anti-cyberbullying-website.html?buffer_share=5aeb5&utm_source=buffer&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=Buffer%253A%2520Kingston%2520Police%2520Force%2520on%2520facebook

Best and first step though, is to NOT EVER take, let alone upload or share risque pictures of yourself, regardless of your age.
Sparklegirl On December 13, 2019
LL.M

Cumbria, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Apr 23, 2013 @ 17:58:06
That is fab, it is a shame we are living in times where sadly if a silly mistake its so easy to go public in the worst possible way
boxer On June 16, 2016

Deleted
Banned

, Zimbabwe
#3New Post! Apr 24, 2013 @ 11:28:42
It's too bad that kids are now using the internet to be so incredibly mean to each other. I know that they've always been mean in real life, but they at least had to stand in front of the other person to do it.

Now they're cowards who snipe at other kids from behind a computer screen. I think that there should be some sort of punishment that really stings when kids are caught doing this sort of thing.. something like having to serve dinners at a homeless shelter every single day for 6 months, and if they miss even a day the six month period starts again.

At least making them do something like that would teach bullies something about empathy and compassion for others.
Grrrl On June 01, 2014

, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Apr 24, 2013 @ 21:34:39
A little bit off topic, but I do wonder what a future where most public figures will have miles of social media statuses, photos and videos charting their entire development into adulthood will look like...
I feel like I'm constantly cleaning up after my teenage self but was at least lucky in that there was some new site every week making old stuff a bit more difficult to find, whereas now Facebook seems pretty much settled on as here to stay. Poor old kids of today.
magicgoat On July 05, 2013

Deleted

Stockbridge, Georgia
#5New Post! Apr 24, 2013 @ 22:53:22
Of course moms and dads have a critical role to play as it is their responsibility to give these lessons of modesty to their children.
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#6New Post! Apr 24, 2013 @ 22:55:54
So how many times have Dorky and yourself had to battle De-Motivational posters off the net?
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#7New Post! Apr 24, 2013 @ 23:01:19
@Electric_Banana Said

So how many times have Dorky and yourself had to battle De-Motivational posters off the net?

Are you calling me a bully?
floydgirrl On October 08, 2022
Stalkee

Pope's Wine Celler, Holy See (
#8New Post! Apr 24, 2013 @ 23:02:49
@DorkySupergirl Said

I would. You're so mean. I hate you.
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#9New Post! Apr 24, 2013 @ 23:05:05
@floydgirrl Said

I would. You're so mean. I hate you.

You just wait until I get that new hair do tomorrow and change my personality.
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#10New Post! Apr 24, 2013 @ 23:05:33
@DorkySupergirl Said

No I was making a joke suggesting you and Tink might've had photos of yourselves bullied around the webs.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#11New Post! Apr 24, 2013 @ 23:45:45
@Dark_Tink Said

A new anti-cyberbullying website explains what steps young Canadians can take if explicit photographs or video of them end up online.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/story/2013/04/22/mb-needhelpnow-anti-cyberbullying-website.html?buffer_share=5aeb5&utm_source=buffer&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=Buffer%253A%2520Kingston%2520Police%2520Force%2520on%2520facebook

Best and first step though, is to NOT EVER take, let alone upload or share risque pictures of yourself, regardless of your age.

Yeah I agree with the last bit of advice. I won't even take pictures of me or her in that manner period, but that's just because neither of us is into that kind of thing. It seems to be the norm for teens these days, though, with the sexting and all.
Dark_Tink On December 30, 2018
<3 Boobie <3

, Canada
#12New Post! Apr 25, 2013 @ 01:06:07
@Leon Said

Yeah I agree with the last bit of advice. I won't even take pictures of me or her in that manner period, but that's just because neither of us is into that kind of thing. It seems to be the norm for teens these days, though, with the sexting and all.

Same here. The only picture of me you can find are those at family/friend gatherings or head shots that I take.

I am very thankful that my 17yr old daughter also doesn't have any risque pictures.(we are open with one another so I know she isn't hiding any from me). There are pics of her at the beach with friends, but even with those, she also has either shorts or a tanktop or t-shirt on.

I just can't grasp how oblivious some people are about this, ESPECIALLY adults.

I love this segment on ELLEN, where she goes onto the FB profile of those in the audience. She then calls on the different people and asks them if they know of any photos on the FB profiles that they would be embarrassed about. Nothing like being called out...nationwide...for NOT putting on privacy setting for your account.

Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#13New Post! Apr 25, 2013 @ 04:15:37
@Dark_Tink Said

Same here. The only picture of me you can find are those at family/friend gatherings or head shots that I take.

I am very thankful that my 17yr old daughter also doesn't have any risque pictures.(we are open with one another so I know she isn't hiding any from me). There are pics of her at the beach with friends, but even with those, she also has either shorts or a tanktop or t-shirt on.

I just can't grasp how oblivious some people are about this, ESPECIALLY adults.

I love this segment on ELLEN, where she goes onto the FB profile of those in the audience. She then calls on the different people and asks them if they know of any photos on the FB profiles that they would be embarrassed about. Nothing like being called out...nationwide...for NOT putting on privacy setting for your account.

That's awesome.
someone_else_again On May 20, 2021
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#14New Post! Apr 26, 2013 @ 17:26:38
@Dark_Tink Said

The profile picture on my Facebook is a picture of my daughter and I looking out across the valley we live in. The picture is taken from behind us.

The only pictures of me that are out there are ones that other people have posted on their Facebook so they've been public functions. The worst possible thing out there is a video of me doing Zumba in the street.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs