Health & Fitness

Doing P.E in bare feet; why should you?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#31New Post! Mar 23, 2013 @ 03:03:17
if i remember that some of the games, we played in gym class. when we took off your shoes, and played with socks on. my gym teacher usually didn't think we need a shower. sometimes we changed into our gym uniform to played and sometimes we stayed in our street clothes. in our gym uniform, we bring a clean underwear and a clear pair of socks ( because of the reason, after school, when your child is coming home and walking home or in a car or a school bus. the child get in accident, let me put this way. your mother would embarrass if you had a dirty underwear on. my mother told me when i was a kid, i better have clear underwear on everyday. she tell would be really embarrass to have for a son. that's is true story. i always make sure i leave with my apartment with a clear one on, sometimes, i ever wear inside my pants. :lmao i usually put my clear pair of socks before i put on my tennis shoes. my doctor told me if your feet sweat a lot ( like mine do )not that smells, you change your socks, at least to 2-3 times a day. you know when you need to a clear pair of socks, when your dog is sitting near and you take off your shoe, and then your dog run away from you.
someone_else_again On May 20, 2021
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#32New Post! Mar 26, 2013 @ 16:32:23
@Demented Said

You could be right about spreading of athlete's foot,but like any disease/condition most can be cured or even prevented by proper hygiene,like washing your hands after going to the toilet and in this case washing and drying your feet properly after this kind of exercise.

This might sound odd but I would have thought that going barefoot would prevent athlete's foot rather than spread it. The fungus likes to live in warm, moist places and bare feet are less so than shod ones.
townie_guy On May 07, 2013

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#33New Post! Mar 26, 2013 @ 17:14:34
@someone_else_again Said

This might sound odd but I would have thought that going barefoot would prevent athlete's foot rather than spread it. The fungus likes to live in warm, moist places and bare feet are less so than shod ones.

Yep, its sweaty feet that dont get air that cause athletes foot. We had some grot bags in Iraq, who never air there feet and stunk the place out. We made them sleep outside until the smell went. Even in the shower you would almost pass out. They just stunk, because they never removed their boots during the day, even when they had a chance.

Even at Patrol Bases, if I wasnt on patrol, I would cut around in flip flops, just so my feet would air and my socks wouldnt get covered in sweat.
Bernhard_Goldschmidt On February 16, 2014

Mildred must die!,
#34New Post! Mar 26, 2013 @ 18:14:05
@magicgoat Said

notice I said every wear.

That was dumb.

Yes... Yes it was.
Demented On January 31, 2024

, Australia
#35New Post! Mar 26, 2013 @ 23:43:46
@someone_else_again Said

Well to be perfectly honest with you someone-else-again,I've never had athlete's foot nor any other foot condition,so what I said was more a thought than anything else.

, Australia
#36New Post! Mar 26, 2013 @ 23:45:21
@townie_guy Said

Yep, its sweaty feet that dont get air that cause athletes foot. We had some grot bags in Iraq, who never air there feet and stunk the place out. We made them sleep outside until the smell went. Even in the shower you would almost pass out. They just stunk, because they never removed their boots during the day, even when they had a chance.

Even at Patrol Bases, if I wasnt on patrol, I would cut around in flip flops, just so my feet would air and my socks wouldnt get covered in sweat.

Argh,I've met people like that myself,they stink and there's no other way to describe them,even the flies leave them alone
Dark_Tink On December 30, 2018
<3 Boobie <3

, Canada
#37New Post! Mar 27, 2013 @ 00:32:42
@rosexthorn Said

I was raised on a farm and going barefoot was my favorite way of being. It's so natural, and your feet get used to many things.

Shoes just spoiled the s*** out of us and made us all wusses.

Oh! Where's my foot massage and pedicure.. Woe is me, I have to really use my feet to walk?

I did that too! I only had shoes on if we left home.

@Demented Said

I'll go a little further and say,people like us who went bare footed as kids and still go bare footed today,have less problems with our feet and legs because we walk the way we were designed to I could be wrong

Still now, I'm always barefoot at home. Even in the winter, the only thing I have on them is socks.

I can't run in bare-feet though, I have falling arches, have since I was a kid.
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#38New Post! Mar 27, 2013 @ 00:40:09
@Dark_Tink Said

Still now, I'm always barefoot at home. Even in the winter, the only thing I have on them is socks.

I'm usually barefeet everywhere except the places I'm not supposed to be barefoot. I don't wear shoes inside my house so no shoes there and if I'm doing stuff outside, I'll go barefoot. But some people get crazy.

There is this lady at work that for some medical reason can't wear shoes at all and so she goes barefoot everywhere. Parking lots, grass, gym floor, public bathrooms. It doesn't matter, she's always barefoot, even in meetings and it's a bit

, Australia
#39New Post! Mar 27, 2013 @ 05:53:01
@Dark_Tink Said

We've been out today,went to see the new die hard movie,we've been home for 10 mins and my shoes and socks are off now.
I ran everywhere with bare feet to old to want to run anymore,but I understand you not running with fallen arches,my wife has a slight flat foot and when she runs she looks weird,I prefer she walks .
AnguisComedenti On June 15, 2013
Troll

Kamloops, Canada
#40New Post! Jun 14, 2013 @ 23:54:55
I go barefoot in PE because I go to school barefoot . And literally everywhere else. As long as there's not snow on the ground (and even if there is, sometimes ) I'm barefoot. My soles are so tough that I don't need to worry about anything on the ground (including glass), and I can walk across hot asphalt no problem. My soles are stained black, but I actually kinda like having dirty feet.

So, yeah.
GEOFF1 On January 22, 2019

Doncaster, United Kingdom
#41New Post! Jan 18, 2019 @ 14:15:55
For me it would have been a case of why shouldn't I have done PE in my bare feet when I was in school. I didn't really consider all of the benefits or otherwise till much later. I and my class just regarded it as great fun.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs