News & Current Events

This makes my blood boil

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
Marbles On March 15, 2013

#16New Post! Mar 11, 2013 @ 19:53:52
@Demented Said

Nah Marbles,our judicial system is beyond a joke really,for instance,if someone breaks into our home and we beat the living s*** out of them or kill them,we can be charged with Assault or Murder,just like any other country .
But our biggest gripe is when they go to court,the judges have proven on many occasions that they don't have a grip on reality when it comes to sentencing,some will commit horrific murders (like this one) and some brain dead judge will sentence them to 10yrs with a non parole period of 5,although I do believe man slaughter only comes into it if the death wasn't intentional,BUT,convince me a 4 yr old in this case had a chance against a 23yr old?.

Thank you...

I have to spread some love to others... I'll catch you later for sure!
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#18New Post! Mar 11, 2013 @ 21:19:34
Very sad, I tend to agree that the mother let the child down in the worst possible way. I can only tell myself that she was herself living in fear for her own life because its the only way that is palatable to me. I kind of hope he is put into a fairly moderate security jail, the kind where the other inmates can read the news and know what that man did.
townie_guy On May 07, 2013

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#19New Post! Mar 11, 2013 @ 21:24:30
Hopefully he will be in acell with a big guy with a big d*** called Bubba who will make him his b****.

Failing that I hope penal law kicks in and he faces some real justice.
KissTheChocolate On March 11, 2013

Tuscaloosa, Alabama
#20New Post! Mar 11, 2013 @ 21:54:31
Oh, that's horrible. . .
Demented On January 31, 2024

, Australia
#21New Post! Mar 11, 2013 @ 22:23:56
@Marbles Said

Thank you...

I have to spread some love to others... I'll catch you later for sure!

Our laws in some cases go back far beyond penal colony days,but when it suits the powers to be they drop into an abyss and forget the gravity of the crime committed and just give a token slap on the wrist,if you understand my meaning.

, Australia
#22New Post! Mar 11, 2013 @ 22:29:45
@treebee Said

Very sad, I tend to agree that the mother let the child down in the worst possible way. I can only tell myself that she was herself living in fear for her own life because its the only way that is palatable to me. I kind of hope he is put into a fairly moderate security jail, the kind where the other inmates can read the news and know what that man did.

Treebs the thing I'll never understand,is why women stay in relationships that are violent .
She said in her statement in court that he yelled at her to F*ck off so she went back downstairs because of previous violence between them (or words to that affect),Why she never went upstairs armed with a knife when she knew what he was like and when she first heard the banging,I for one, will never understand.
If I had been her that bastard would be dead meat now,and I'm sure under the circumstances the courts would back her for defending her child.
Electric_Banana On about 1 hour ago

, New Zealand
#23New Post! Mar 11, 2013 @ 22:34:30
@KissTheChocolate Said

Oh, that's horrible. . .

Lol. Are you the male partner in question?

, Australia
#24New Post! Mar 11, 2013 @ 22:42:36
@Electric_Banana Said

"The child had suffered significant head injuries and he died later in hospital."

Ah! Here's the bit I missed.

At first I thought the kid had Scarlett Fever and the 'manslaughter' bit was for not getting the child to hospital in time.

Good,I was just about to tell you that line.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs