The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Politics

What if they had an election. And you votes didn't count?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#61New Post! Jan 26, 2013 @ 14:22:13
@Alkaia Said

Inclusion for the left means deviding everyone up into little segments of society in order to better pander for votes and power.

Sounds like what the OP was describing the GOP is trying to do.
boxer On June 16, 2016

Deleted
Banned

, Zimbabwe
#62New Post! Jan 26, 2013 @ 14:25:24
@Alkaia Said

Inclusion for the left means deviding everyone up into little segments of society in order to better pander for votes and power.

Is deviding like deveining?

Honestly, if you think that all politicians don't pander for votes regardless of party, then you're a bigger moron than I thought.

And it's doubtful that actually caring about women and minorities and mentioning addressing their issues could seriously be called "deviding" everyone up.

You sort of have to mention the words gay and lesbian if you're talking about marriage equality, and you sort of have to mention latinos if you're talking about immigration reform.. that's not "deviding" people, that's speaking to your audience.

The GOP doesn't realize that people self "devide", and they vote based on the issues that affect them. That's why they lost, and unless they learn that, that's why they'll continue to lose.
Alkaia On February 05, 2013

Deleted
Banned

naples, Florida
#63New Post! Jan 26, 2013 @ 14:40:46
@Leon Said

well, you know if we didnt point fingers in the oposit direction it wouldnt be any fun now would it lol

I feel very comfortable saying that the left devides people up into little segments way more than the right does.

There are some things I dont agree with on the right too. However what i really would like is for our leaders to focus on running the country fiscally. And let all these little biases fall to the state.

i think we are at a point in our nation where everyone has a chance to do good for themselves if they try. The gov is over reaching in my opinion by trying to adjust equal outcomes without equal effort.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#64New Post! Jan 26, 2013 @ 14:43:59
@Alkaia Said

well, you know if we didnt point fingers in the oposit direction it wouldnt be any fun now would it lol

I feel very comfortable saying that the left devides people up into little segments way more than the right does.

There are some things I dont agree with on the right too. However what i really would like is for our leaders to focus on running the country fiscally. And let all these little biases fall to the state.

i think we are at a point in our nation where everyone has a chance to do good for themselves if they try. The gov is over reaching in my opinion by trying to adjust equal outcomes without equal effort.

Of course you feel more comfortable saying that. You hate them.
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#65New Post! Jan 26, 2013 @ 18:34:52
@Alkaia Said

Not the one here. I have read what they are trying to do and discussed this on another forum already.

Is not the dscussion about the republicans wanting to change winner take all in some states? yes it is.

either way, I did see that it was about the electorial votes. and as Isaid, it is within the constitution to do this. And I agree with it. I would go one step further and say all states should remove winner take all.

That is not it. You should read first, opine later.

It's not about winner take all. Nor splitting the states electoral college. It's about the attempts to make the winner out of the loser. You are for that????????
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#66New Post! Jan 26, 2013 @ 18:35:47
@Leon Said

Bingo. That is was later changed is not the point. That it WAS the attempt (and not just this one state but others as well) IS the point!
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#67New Post! Jan 26, 2013 @ 18:36:41
@Alkaia Said

I think both parties have contributed to this mess Leon. and yes we are close to a totalitarian state.

totalitarianism
1. a system of highly centralized government in which one political party or group takes control and grants neither recognition nor tolerance to other political groups.
2. autocracy in one of its several varieties.
3. the character or traits of an autocratic or authoritarian individual, party, government, or state. — totalitarian, n., adj.

https://www.thefreedictionary.com/Totalitarian+government

Are you going to sit there and tell me that the democrats do not wish to wipe the republicans off the face of the map?

Are you going to tell me that obama has not done his best to be tolerant of other political groups?

Are you going to tell me that obama does not act authoritarian?

Your reality is far from that!
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#68New Post! Jan 26, 2013 @ 18:37:48
@Alkaia Said

He's working on it.

and i said we are close to a totalitarian state.

If it wasnt for that pesky constitution that obama keeps crapping on, we would be. That narrcistic egomaniac would love to be ruler. he acts like ruler anyway instead of president.

Reality dude. Come back to reality.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#69New Post! Jan 26, 2013 @ 18:39:09
@Alkaia Said

LOL@ the lip sync comment.

i dont like obamas policies and vision for the country. I also dont like his devisive non inclusive attitude.

he does have a dictator mentality and it shows in just about every speech he makes.

He despises the constitution and thats obvious.

and back to this topic, a state has the constitutional right to change the electorial votes to non winner take all if they chose. In order to try to restore a balance in the country it is a good move by republicans to do this. Its legal and fair. For themto do so is no more devisive than many of the policies handed down by the current administration.

A LITTLE reality please? Try it on for a change.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#70New Post! Jan 26, 2013 @ 18:40:01
@Alkaia Said

Better representation is would seem to me. Far from anything you've stated.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#71New Post! Jan 26, 2013 @ 18:41:30
@Alkaia Said

Please by all means- keep pointing them fingers in the wrong direction. It makes it easier for us to spot the extremists in our midst.
Alkaia On February 05, 2013

Deleted
Banned

naples, Florida
#72New Post! Jan 26, 2013 @ 19:07:36
@shinobinoz Said

Please by all means- keep pointing them fingers in the wrong direction. It makes it easier for us to spot the extremists in our midst.

well, im not an extremist by any means. I just have common sense.

FYI

Im taking a break from asshat. I bore easy.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#73New Post! Jan 26, 2013 @ 21:49:00
@Alkaia Said

well, im not an extremist by any means. I just have common sense.

FYI

Im taking a break from asshat. I bore easy.

You are extremist in your views. No NORMAL thinking person thinks the things you do. Sorry - but had to break that to you.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#74New Post! Jan 26, 2013 @ 23:04:26
If Obama had any unusual control over anything, he wouldn't be getting cockblocked by Congress every time he turns around.

You guys keep saying "he's working on it" but it's now 4 years later and he still has no more control than any other President.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs