Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#46New Post! Jan 11, 2013 @ 21:25:39
@DiscordTiger Said

Ahhh.... my bad. I didne realize MTV has picked up a reality show about the original movie, which was not as well known.

The guy from the movie is doing the reality show, but both the movie and the reality show seem to be on a constant rinse-wash-repeat cycle for the past couple of months.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#47New Post! Jan 11, 2013 @ 21:30:10
@boobagins Said

The guy from the movie is doing the reality show, but both the movie and the reality show seem to be on a constant rinse-wash-repeat cycle for the past couple of months.

Thanks, I might have a look at that. I tend to avoid MTV in general mostly since they stopped playing actual music videos.
And the TV I do watch tends to be recorded, so I need to know about something first.
Silver_Lining On March 21, 2023
RIP Boobie

STOKE-ON-TRENT, United Kingdom
#48New Post! Jan 12, 2013 @ 15:22:23
@DiscordTiger Said

I have totally been thinking the same thing, But I wasn't sure if anyone else would get the reference!

@boobagins Said

I would be surprised if people didn't know the reference by now. Not only it is MTV'd to death, but I've noticed that every time MTV airs a new one, all the news site, AOL, YAHOO, Huffington Post have it splattered somewhere on their front page. "Jenny thought her boyfriend was hiding a secret, but she has no idea... click to find out more"

I don't get the reference.
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#49New Post! Jan 12, 2013 @ 15:55:25
@Silver_Lining Said

I don't get the reference.

Ahh, it might be more of an American theme. Catfish was a name of a documentary move that followed a guy (Nev) who had started a romantic relationship online with a girl (Megan). His brother was a film maker so and had offered to capture their long distance relationship from the beginning to the end.

Sometime into their online relationship, Nev starts suspecting that what Megan is telling him isn't true. He finds inconsistencies etc.

It boils down to Nev going down visit Megan as a suprise only to find out that everything was fake, and that Angela, Megan's mom was really the one he was chatting and talking to and she was using fake pictures etc.

All of this has led to a realty show where Nev now helps other people who are in on line relationships meet their loves for the first time. 99% of all the shows I've watched, it's sad, because one person in the relationship either is lying or has made up a lot of stuff.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catfish_%28film%29

thequietman On August 29, 2018
Scapegrace

Rusty Bullet Hole, Washington
#50New Post! Jan 12, 2013 @ 16:30:38
@boobagins Said

I think the problem here is that they are trying to rinse before washing, so that when they repeat it's still all soapy.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#51New Post! Jan 12, 2013 @ 16:55:48
I never heard of Catfish. Why on earth would people do that?
Leon On December 21, 2023

San Diego, California
#52New Post! Jan 12, 2013 @ 18:49:38
@treebee Said

Yeah, I never got why people who genuinely want to start an online relationship would lie about themselves, as they know they will eventually have to meet to keep it going at some point. Either they must be incredibly dumb do have zero foresight or aren't really serious to begin with and don't have any sympathy/empathy for others.

It's one thing to just not be able to portray yourself fully because it's not in person, but it's another thing to knowingly fabricate yourself.
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#53New Post! Jan 12, 2013 @ 20:27:33
@treebee Said

Frightening people away from leaving their cages.

My theory is that where a lot of people are now, they have been cattled their intentionally to keep them seperated from others whom are lost and looking to mingle with genuine people.

This leaves the individual lonely and desperately seeking social contact therefore jeopardizing them easier to people who just want to come into their lives to experiment with them.

The internet makes it easier for others to locate potential genuine counterparts who've also been hearded into their own friendless cages around the globe.

I think mine was the last ship out of America before some people got fed up with their lab rats escaping and now artificially make it difficult for men and women online to trust one another enough to meet and fall in love.
IndieMonet727 On October 23, 2016

, Texas
#54New Post! Jan 12, 2013 @ 21:24:03
Catfish!

I am obsessed with this show, a reaaal addiction.

There was an epi where a guy and girl had been online friends for 10 years, and she hadn't really seen him. She met him, and found out he was just ashamed of his weight. Made me think ot ne and my friend.

I can understand why people do it. I just don't feel like its a strong enough excuse.
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#55New Post! Jan 13, 2013 @ 14:29:32
@thequietman Said

I think the problem here is that they are trying to rinse before washing, so that when they repeat it's still all soapy.

Choo making fun of me?
thequietman On August 29, 2018
Scapegrace

Rusty Bullet Hole, Washington
#56New Post! Jan 13, 2013 @ 14:46:44
@boobagins Said

Choo making fun of me?

No no no. I'm making fun of people who rinse before they wash.

Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs