United Kingdom

Some of the smart fellows from across the pond ....guns ,ammo and crime

AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
offbeat On November 18, 2022

london, United Kingdom
#16New Post! Dec 25, 2012 @ 18:17:32
@white_swan53 Said

Are really that dense , or are you just pretending ?

The reason the violent crimes increased over 50 % right after all the private citizens had lost their guns, was because the criminals knew it was much safer to be an active criminal ,now that their victims were no longer armed. DUH !!!

we were never known as a people who casually owned weapons ..there weren't that many weapons handed in as a percentage of population when the laws came in ... i doubt it was over a million ... and criminals didn't expect citizens to have guns even before the laws were passed ... your graph also seems to end just before the murder rates appear to be going into a steep dip .

london, United Kingdom
#17New Post! Dec 25, 2012 @ 18:24:01
@Dark_Tink Said

Holy crap. Yet ANOTHER thread about guns, which country is better or worse because they do or don't have guns, which one is more violent, etc.

Give it a frickin' rest people. This should be a time of love, happiness, family, sharing and caring not about who's country is better or has the bigger proverbial d***.

i'm not defending england i'm just trying to convince gun owners that killing sprees are more likely when there are so many guns in the hands of people who can't keep them securely out of the reach of unsuitable people .... england happens to be an example of a country that has very few killing sprees and also has very tight gun laws .in the cases of the killing sprees we've had ..i think i'm right in saying that in most of the cases the killers legally owned the guns they used ... these days , such individuals would be denied the right to own them .

london, United Kingdom
#18New Post! Dec 25, 2012 @ 18:30:06
@restoreone Said

I can admit to my addiction can the Brits admit to their addiction that causes so many deaths, injuries and broken families?

Same boat just a different oar.

See you seek to understand yet wont look at both as an huge problem. It is so simple to say remove guns yet. I say your problem can be fixed by removing booze.

Same pot just a different ingredients for death.

these threads about guns have sprung to life because of what happened recently at sandy hook ... talking about booze or cars is not going to stop the next mentally disturbed person shooting his careless gun owning relative and then driving to the nearest school ... start up a thread about the carnage caused by booze and i'll post on that ..but i wont be using guns as an example to prove a point about booze .

london, United Kingdom
#19New Post! Dec 25, 2012 @ 18:36:33
@white_swan53 Said

No, we are not talking about America or it's right to bear arms.

This thread is about the crime rate increase in the UK after the guns and ammo had been taken away from the private citizens because one guy had killed 16 kids and wounded several others on school property .

yes and england reacted responsibly ... there were a few who cried because their toys were being taken away ...but hey ..they seem to be existing quite happily without them now ...i'm convinced that if england hadn't have passed the gun banning laws then there would have been a lot more killing sprees in the past 40 years .

london, United Kingdom
#20New Post! Dec 25, 2012 @ 18:40:36
@white_swan53 Said

This thread is not about compareing countries.
It is about the UK and violent crime rate increase and how the citizens bowed down tov their parlament post haste.

because of two reasons .. 1. we as a people could see the common sense in reducing the amount of firearms in private possession ... 2. at the time of the gun laws being passed ,the vast majority of us didn't own guns so it wasn't a loss at all.
Locked<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)