The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Politics

Time's Person Of The Year 2012.....President Barack Obama!

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
El_Tino On October 12, 2023
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#16New Post! Dec 20, 2012 @ 22:30:13
@offbeat Said

well...if it's not brown nosing then it's pretty lazy selection .

So who do you think they should have picked?
offbeat On November 18, 2022

london, United Kingdom
#17New Post! Dec 20, 2012 @ 22:50:26
@El_Tino Said

So who do you think they should have picked?

not a president ... because it's an opportunity to pick ut someone who has really made a difference as an individual ...a good chance to highlight someone who wouldn't normally be known to the wider community ...a president has a whole raft of people helping him to make things happen ... i really think it's too easy ... i'm assuming it's an award for americans ... 300million of them ...there must be a few others who are worthy other than almost every president ... i bet you could name 5 people straight off .
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#18New Post! Dec 21, 2012 @ 02:31:35
@someone_else_again Said

Bush was Person of the Year both times he was elected. Clinton was for his first election.

IMO, it's a cop-out on Time's part.

And why do you say that?

Chicago, Illinois
#19New Post! Dec 21, 2012 @ 02:35:54
@townie_guy Said

ok i got this off wikipedia

However what is interesting

Now if none of us have been person of the year then the above person is better than all of us.

also

1939, 1942, 2007 says a lot about Obama.

And apparently Osama Bin Laden was a stronger candidate than Einstein. Says it all.

Now that's some really interesting info....thanks for sharing! I had no idea about all those other presidents. Well to be fair, I knew about a couple of them. However, I was taught by my loving parents, that I am no better than anyone else on this earth, & there's not one single human being who is better than I! And it just so happens to be what I strongly believe!
El_Tino On October 12, 2023
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#20New Post! Dec 21, 2012 @ 08:11:04
@offbeat Said

not a president ... because it's an opportunity to pick ut someone who has really made a difference as an individual ...a good chance to highlight someone who wouldn't normally be known to the wider community ...a president has a whole raft of people helping him to make things happen ... i really think it's too easy ... i'm assuming it's an award for americans ... 300million of them ...there must be a few others who are worthy other than almost every president ... i bet you could name 5 people straight off .

Nobody really comes to mind.
someone_else_again On May 20, 2021
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#21New Post! Dec 21, 2012 @ 17:32:48
@Spinkiegirl Said

And why do you say that?

Because choosing the elected president in an election year as Person of the Year seems to be the easy way out. Being elected POTUS automatically means that you've had a lot of impact. I'm not sure how I could make it any clearer.
townie_guy On May 07, 2013

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#22New Post! Dec 21, 2012 @ 17:56:41
@someone_else_again Said

Because choosing the elected president in an election year as Person of the Year seems to be the easy way out. Being elected POTUS automatically means that you've had a lot of impact. I'm not sure how I could make it any clearer.

Has America changed overnight since Obabma has been re-elected? Have all the problems suddenly stopped. Is America a better place than it was before.
someone_else_again On May 20, 2021
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#23New Post! Dec 21, 2012 @ 18:14:55
@townie_guy Said

Has America changed overnight since Obabma has been re-elected? Have all the problems suddenly stopped. Is America a better place than it was before.

Are you being deliberately obtuse?

"Person of the Year (formerly Man of the Year) is an annual issue of the United States news magazine Time that features and profiles a person, group, idea or object that "for better or for worse, ...has done the most to influence the events of the year."[1]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_Person_of_the_Year
offbeat On November 18, 2022

london, United Kingdom
#24New Post! Dec 21, 2012 @ 21:47:23
@El_Tino Said

Nobody really comes to mind.

i think you just demonstrated how the presidents got picked

Chicago, Illinois
#25New Post! Dec 21, 2012 @ 22:46:08
@someone_else_again Said

That was perfectly clear...
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs