The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Politics

"ARE THE UNITED STATES AND OTHER GOVERNMENT'S GUILTY OF SACRIFICING LIVES IN FAVOUR OF MAINTAINING JOBS IN THE ARMS INDUSTRY"?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...5 6 7
Tar On April 28, 2014

San Antonio, Texas
#91New Post! Dec 19, 2012 @ 02:32:36
@Alkaia Said

switzerland is a very small country. we have more illegals here than they do citizens. hardly a comparison.

You'd be amazed how many illegals are there, especially now with all the people who came in from Greece or France as port of entry and then disbursed freely thanks to the Schengen agreement. My neighbor was an illegal and I didn't even know it. Its become a running joke with my wife and I. We were woken up at 5am by a " *BANG BANG BANG* Polizei!" She was hauled away and never heard from again.

The problem with illegal immigrant stats is that they are hard to nail down, nonetheless, their system is very much pro-active and they tend to ensure they know who is in their country and who isn't.

@Alkaia Said

Also, I imgin they have a lot of other countries wealthy peoples cash sitting in thier banks to be used.

Not sure what relevance that has...

@Alkaia Said

also, I bet they dont have gangs.

Because of their social and crime prevention and education programs. Those are key aspects to social mobility and protection of civil society.

@Alkaia Said

and they dont like blacks

Correction, they don't like ignorance. They are VERY pragmatic folk, being a mix of Italian, German and French. The Swiss folks I met get very short tempered with ANYONE who acts foolishly, and usually the people who behaved this way were white (Irishmen). All the other nationalities, be they Kuwaiti, or Saudi, Nigerian, or Kenyan, German, or Dutch, Spanish or Argentinian, all were treated very respectfully. Hell, they were even respectful to this silly American

@Alkaia Said

so while they may be a teeny little light in the darkness.

They are shining example of a society which knows how to deal with the cause of a disease and not just treat the symptom

@Alkaia Said

theve never had to deal with the likes of things as big and interwoven as america

You should read about Switzerland's history... All those silly religious wars, plus a silly little guy came through there some years back and declare war and conquered them... some guy named Napoleon. Then they had a problem with that crazy German dude Adolf and even Adolf's enemies didn't like them.

You know, America isn't the only country that's had a hard history. America is just the biggest country that b****es about its problem and cries "woe is me" instead of actually fixing it

@Alkaia Said

does look like a cool place to live though.

Winter in Zurich... breath-taking. Fall/Autumn... amazing. My wife wants to go back and live there permanently.
GreatestIam2 On January 06, 2023

Ottawa, Canada
#92New Post! Dec 19, 2012 @ 15:38:10
@Raymondone888 Said

Exellent video DL,

The main message that I got from it is "to always keep an open mind".

The moment that we fix our minds is the moment we loose ourselves.

Thanks.

Yes, we all have fixed minds to a certain extent. We are all fundamentally locked into our thinking patterns and to change our views we have to be convinced by new information.

You might have noted how few in these forums actually admit to having their fundamental views reversed or changed. Note how literalists have to twist their minds to believe in talking snakes and donkeys even as they know deep down that animals cannot possibly talk human talk.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities” – Voltaire

Regards
DL
Raymondone888 On January 26, 2013
Rise above the cloud

London, United Kingdom
#93New Post! Dec 19, 2012 @ 17:10:57
@GreatestIam2 Said

Thanks.

Yes, we all have fixed minds to a certain extent. We are all fundamentally locked into our thinking patterns and to change our views we have to be convinced by new information.

You might have noted how few in these forums actually admit to having their fundamental views reversed or changed. Note how literalists have to twist their minds to believe in talking snakes and donkeys even as they know deep down that animals cannot possibly talk human talk.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities” – Voltaire

Regards
DL

HEY!!!! SNAKEY

ARE YOU SAYING THAT I'M NOT THAT TEDDY BEAR ON A CLOUD IN THE SKY???

GET REAL..The reality is that teddy's communicate well with snakes

Ottawa, Canada
#94New Post! Dec 19, 2012 @ 18:17:17
@Raymondone888 Said

HEY!!!! SNAKEY

ARE YOU SAYING THAT I'M NOT THAT TEDDY BEAR ON A CLOUD IN THE SKY???

GET REAL..The reality is that teddy's communicate well with snakes

I sure hope not.

That would put you in league with those who believe in talking animals.

Regards
DL
Raymondone888 On January 26, 2013
Rise above the cloud

London, United Kingdom
#95New Post! Dec 19, 2012 @ 18:57:40
@GreatestIam2 Said

I sure hope not.

That would put you in league with those who believe in talking animals.

Regards
DL

Well, my cat "Boo Boo" says "FEED MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"OWWWW

Ottawa, Canada
#96New Post! Dec 19, 2012 @ 20:40:21
@Raymondone888 Said

Well, my cat "Boo Boo" says "FEED MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"OWWWW

Smarter than the average b -- cat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pqyax6gwzQ

Regards
DL