AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
El_Tino On October 12, 2023
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#16New Post! Dec 07, 2012 @ 06:31:51
@shinobinoz Said

You make money during the recession?

I made money during the last recession. Probably not so much if another one comes along. I guess I'm just burned out on the stupid politics of it all.
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#17New Post! Dec 07, 2012 @ 14:56:31
What I can not wrap my head around is the never ending chant that republicans can't seem to stop..

"If we increase taxes on the top two percent, we'll get no new jobs... the wealthy are the job creators"

The tax rate was lowered a decade ago... Where the f*** are the jobs?
Gollum On March 23, 2018
My Precious is lost!

Misty Mountains,
#18New Post! Dec 07, 2012 @ 16:28:32
@Leon Said

That was the most random occurance I've seen yet.

And Bruce Willis does not suck.

Yes he does!
Deal_With_It On May 24, 2022

Stevens Pass, Washington
#19New Post! Dec 07, 2012 @ 17:40:04
@Gollum Said

Yes he does!

NO HE DOESN'T!
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#20New Post! Dec 08, 2012 @ 04:52:24
@El_Tino Said

I made money during the last recession. Probably not so much if another one comes along. I guess I'm just burned out on the stupid politics of it all.

Understandable that.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#21New Post! Dec 08, 2012 @ 04:56:56
@boxerdc Said

What I can not wrap my head around is the never ending chant that republicans can't seem to stop..

"If we increase taxes on the top two percent, we'll get no new jobs... the wealthy are the job creators"

The tax rate was lowered a decade ago... Where the f*** are the jobs?

The top 2% are not generally job creators.
NPR was talking about the fiscal cliff today. They were comparing what is going on in Europe. Some countries having been raising taxes to try & pull themselves out of their recessionary funk and not doing too well- others are cutting the hell out of taxes and they are doing even worse. Even Reagan/Bush team mate Jim Baker says you HAVE to do both- AND you have to do it slowly.
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#22New Post! Dec 08, 2012 @ 12:15:12
@shinobinoz Said

The top 2% are not generally job creators.
NPR was talking about the fiscal cliff today. They were comparing what is going on in Europe. Some countries having been raising taxes to try & pull themselves out of their recessionary funk and not doing too well- others are cutting the hell out of taxes and they are doing even worse. Even Reagan/Bush team mate Jim Baker says you HAVE to do both- AND you have to do it slowly.

Not to mention that for the last decade while they were being touted as the great "job creators" for the middle class, the top 2% simply took all their extra money and stashed it away..

So, they're not paying taxes on it, they're not spending it to stimulate the economy, and they're not using it to grow businesses. They're just using it to feather their already opulent nests.

We're quickly reaching a point where the wealth gap is going to rival what we lived with a century ago, where the rich had obscene amounts of money and power, and everyone else worked like dogs just to get by.
magicgoat On July 05, 2013

Deleted

Stockbridge, Georgia
#23New Post! Dec 08, 2012 @ 12:40:13
I'm in crisis burnout. I don't have the energy or will to rescue another baby from another burning Cadillac. If my house is repossessed and I lose my clearance and then lose my job, I will keep five rounds in the chamber to end the suffering of those in my charge. If my house falls, it falls by my terms not theirs.

I do not believe the talking heads or those who make promises in Washington DC. American leaders are spineless and weak. They're only looking after themselves or their party and that's where it ends.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#24New Post! Dec 08, 2012 @ 15:24:57
@boxerdc Said

Not to mention that for the last decade while they were being touted as the great "job creators" for the middle class, the top 2% simply took all their extra money and stashed it away..

So, they're not paying taxes on it, they're not spending it to stimulate the economy, and they're not using it to grow businesses. They're just using it to feather their already opulent nests.

We're quickly reaching a point where the wealth gap is going to rival what we lived with a century ago, where the rich had obscene amounts of money and power, and everyone else worked like dogs just to get by.

They have earned a really big FAIL and should not be allowed to continue their lie!
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#25New Post! Dec 08, 2012 @ 15:26:46
@magicgoat Said

I'm in crisis burnout. I don't have the energy or will to rescue another baby from another burning Cadillac. If my house is repossessed and I lose my clearance and then lose my job, I will keep five rounds in the chamber to end the suffering of those in my charge. If my house falls, it falls by my terms not theirs.

I do not believe the talking heads or those who make promises in Washington DC. American leaders are spineless and weak. They're only looking after themselves or their party and that's where it ends.

I'm not sure what you are referring to here. If you want a response and this is too personal perhaps PM some of us here for suggestions?
wirelessguru1 On November 01, 2018

Somewhere in, California
#26New Post! Dec 08, 2012 @ 21:10:33
Look, the debt-based "slavery" system is going to fail one way or another and hopefully sooner than later now! Geronimo!!!!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs