Motorists and Bikeriders

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
Demented On January 31, 2024

, Australia
#16New Post! Oct 18, 2012 @ 06:31:51
"Push Bike Riding"
These fools amuse me to no end I'll start with the Males. They wear their trendy Lycra shorts usually with a Spud (potato)push down the front and their trendy Lycra shirts with the pockets on the back,for their phones and Heart Tablets and spare tyre along with the proper shoes that clip into the pedals,so when they fall off,the bike lands on top of them and everything is mashed into one lump.
Now for the Female bike riders,they wear the same outfits as the Males,but don't shove a spud in to them.They pull their shorts up that far they end up with the Camel Toe from Hell I actually refer to them as Mumble pants,you can see the lips moving but can't understand what's being said .
Then they get on their Mountain bikes,none of this riding a Racer for these fools,and dodger holes in the road and the traffic while riding through a red light instead of stopping (saves them falling arse over head and laying in a heap)and all the time they have their ipods turned up full blast so they can't hear the cars horns being blasted at them because they're in the centre of the road.
My wife and I run a Points system with them,as we go past she opens the door and hit's them with it.
10 points if they just fall off,20 points if they end up in the Gutter and if she can make them collide with each other and end up on the footpath she get's 80 points,to date her best score is 1500 points .
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#17New Post! Oct 18, 2012 @ 10:52:11
I don't want y'all to decorate my car so no I have never nor would I ever purposefully swerve toward a bicycle or motorcycle. However I do wish that they would obey traffic laws. But then I wish all drivers would obey the traffic laws.
Glenn On January 10, 2013
Average Jet Pilot

Deleted
Banned

Meridian, Mississippi
#18New Post! Oct 18, 2012 @ 14:12:22
@DiscordTiger Said

If they running down the middle of the road in front of my car yes, it is a safety hazard,

People need to obey the rules of the road, or are you suggesting people can drive on the left if they woke up feeling british that morning?

Well running on the left side is okay I guess so yes...and yea if you are going to hit someone at least show the common curtesy to honk before you hit them.

Yesterday if the gal driving the truck on the cell phone had not honked at me she would have hit me...and I was on the correct side of the road ...uh... a road without a bike or running trail. I very much appreciated the honk! I did not hear her come around the corner until she honked.
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#19New Post! Oct 18, 2012 @ 14:39:07
I'm a pedestrian and even I hate cyclists, sorry.

A lot of them don't seem to follow the same rules as everyone else does. Plus they often swerve between the pavement and the road which is annoying as well as dangerous. Then they have the cheek to tell me to get out of their way with that patronising bell even though I'm on the pavement and they shouldn't be. There are cycle lanes but some don't seem to use them and barely any cyclists seem to stop at zebra crossings like they're supposed to.

Plus they don't generally have insurance so if you get into an accident with a cyclist it can be tricky. That's how my mum lost her motorcycle license I think, way back when.

I'm sure if you're a good cyclist and obey all the rules then there's no reason for people to be yelling or honking at you. Even those who hate cyclists need a reason.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs