Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#31New Post! Oct 10, 2012 @ 13:21:29
@ThePainefulTruth Said

How many different ways I gotta say it. The DoJ obstructed the purge, then Fla. had to hurry to get it done, thanks to the DoJ--and even then you only ALMOST got purged, meaning, apparently, that you weren't. WTF? You wanna complain, do it to the DoJ which was obstructing a state complying with its own federal law.

How many ways do I gotta say it. The Reps are the ones involved with voter fraud. The DoJ "obstruction" didn't stop the Rep's scheme which had a direct effect on my right to vote.

I didn't "almost" get purged, I got purged and had to get myself reinstated.

WTF!

You complain about all kinds of nonsense and I don't get to complain when a Rep scheme almost took away my right to vote?

It is your Rep party that is behind the latest voter fraud.

Oh... that was probably a "low blow"...
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#32New Post! Oct 10, 2012 @ 14:00:44
@chaski Said

How many ways do I gotta say it. The Reps are the ones involved with voter fraud. The DoJ "obstruction" didn't stop the Rep's scheme which had a direct effect on my right to vote.

I didn't "almost" get purged, I got purged and had to get myself reinstated.

WTF!

You complain about all kinds of nonsense and I don't get to complain when a Rep scheme almost took away my right to vote?

It is your Rep party that is behind the latest voter fraud.

Oh... that was probably a "low blow"...

You must be talking about something other than the purge required by federal law. What voter fraud? If it is indeed Republican voter fraud, I'm with you to hold those responsible accountable--which is a dead giveaway that I'm not a Democrat.

In any case, better one mistake corrected (if it was a mistake at all), than thousands on the rolls illegally.

chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#33New Post! Oct 10, 2012 @ 14:12:15
@ThePainefulTruth Said

You must be talking about something other than the purge required by federal law. What voter fraud? If it is indeed Republican voter fraud, I'm with you to hold those responsible accountable--which is a dead giveaway that I'm not a Democrat.

In any case, better one mistake corrected (if it was a mistake at all), than thousands on the rolls illegally.

In addition to the purge that affected my voting status (as previously posted... my post #20 I think):

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10/05/florida-voter-fraud-case-owner-defends-his-embattled-company/

https://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-voter-registration-florida-republicans-20120928,0,7654954.story

Edit... you will notice that I posted Fox News' take on the story, which is pretty light on the facts... the 2nd link will have to be cut and pasted... not sure why it isn't making a "link"
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#34New Post! Oct 10, 2012 @ 14:25:06
@chaski Said

In addition to the purge that affected my voting status (as previously posted... my post #20 I think):

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10/05/florida-voter-fraud-case-owner-defends-his-embattled-company/

https://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-voter-registration-florida-republicans-20120928,0,7654954.story

Edit... you will notice that I posted Fox News' take on the story, which is pretty light on the facts... the 2nd link will have to be cut and pasted... not sure why it isn't making a "link"

Those links only have to do with alleged voter fraud, which is under investigation--and if they're found guilty, string em up.

There's nothing about the purge, and I don't understand how/why you were purged.

chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#35New Post! Oct 10, 2012 @ 14:59:20
@ThePainefulTruth Said

Those links only have to do with alleged voter fraud, which is under investigation--and if they're found guilty, string em up.

There's nothing about the purge, and I don't understand how/why you were purged.

Purged as in designated ineligible to vote.

I had to contact the voter registration office to get reinstated.
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#36New Post! Oct 10, 2012 @ 17:24:23
@chaski Said

Purged as in designated ineligible to vote.

I had to contact the voter registration office to get reinstated.

So why were you purged, and what did you have to do to be reinstated? The fact that finding out what happened (as if the purge and the corruption case were intermingled) is like pulling teeth, tells me your case isn't as damning as you'd like us to believe. Do you have evidence showing some sort of malfeasance, or is it just a simple bureaucratic mistake?

chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#37New Post! Oct 10, 2012 @ 17:29:15
@ThePainefulTruth Said

So why were you purged, and what did you have to do to be reinstated? The fact that finding out what happened (as if the purge and the corruption case were intermingled) is like pulling teeth, tells me your case isn't as damning as you'd like us to believe. Do you have evidence showing some sort of malfeasance, or is it just a simple bureaucratic mistake?

At this point I have not been given an explanation.

I re-registered and met with voter registration official... just in time as yesterday was the last day. If I have delayed, I would have missed the proverbial boat.

Do I have evidence: Not yet.

"Do you have evidence showing some sort of malfeasance, or is it just a simple bureaucratic mistake?" I could ask that question of virtually everything you post against Obama and the Dems and the answer would be the same: NO.

You are good at coming up with excuses for your conservobots, but blind when the proverbial shoe is on the other foot.
El_Tino On October 12, 2023
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#38New Post! Oct 10, 2012 @ 20:32:45
@ThePainefulTruth Said

When they apply for the AB.

So if a geezer can't get out of bed to vote on election day how would they get out of bed to go and apply for an absentee ballot?

fitzyp On December 23, 2014

Auckland, New Zealand
#39New Post! Oct 12, 2012 @ 05:46:34
@ThePainefulTruth Said

Well, I disagree that there aren't such instances, there are. But to your point, that's the same as saying that we should wait for somebody to murder somebody else before we legislate against it. Of all the crappy laws we do have, I don't think that would be among them. If the voter verification system is working perfectly, then no harm no foul. Small price to pay to guard against corruption that doesn't exist.

I really can't believe the Democrats have sunk this far. It's so stupid I feel stupid addressing it.

I agree that something does not need to be a problem to be legislated against. However I do not think your example fits the circumstances. To legislate against murder even if it has never occurred would not cost us anything. On the other hand, I believe around 10% of Americans do not have photo ID. So the cost could be as many as 10% of the eligible voting population not being allowed to vote. So the situations are clearly not analogous.
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#40New Post! Oct 12, 2012 @ 16:38:07
@fitzyp Said

I agree that something does not need to be a problem to be legislated against. However I do not think your example fits the circumstances. To legislate against murder even if it has never occurred would not cost us anything. On the other hand, I believe around 10% of Americans do not have photo ID. So the cost could be as many as 10% of the eligible voting population not being allowed to vote. So the situations are clearly not analogous.

The "cost" is to set one's beer down, get up off the couch, and go get an ID. Any qualified citizen can get one. If one is not motivated to that extent, they aren't motivated enough to vote anyway. This hand-holding is such a thinly disguised ruse it's embarrassing that Democrats even bring it up. And there are enough instances of voter fraud (ONE is enough) to justify the legislation anyway.

Auckland, New Zealand
#41New Post! Oct 14, 2012 @ 09:06:37
@ThePainefulTruth Said

The "cost" is to set one's beer down, get up off the couch, and go get an ID. Any qualified citizen can get one. If one is not motivated to that extent, they aren't motivated enough to vote anyway.

So if once the laws are enacted you predict that all those who would otherwise vote will get an ID before the election?

@ThePainefulTruth Said

This hand-holding is such a thinly disguised ruse it's embarrassing that Democrats even bring it up. And there are enough instances of voter fraud (ONE is enough) to justify the legislation anyway.

Well like I said before, currently 10% of eligible voters do nopt have the necessary ID so the possibility of excluding millions of voters could be seen as a significant problem especially if there is no evidence that the laws are stopping a problem.

Auckland, New Zealand
#42New Post! Oct 14, 2012 @ 09:46:31
@ThePainefulTruth Said

The "cost" is to set one's beer down, get up off the couch, and go get an ID. Any qualified citizen can get one. If one is not motivated to that extent, they aren't motivated enough to vote anyway.

So if once the laws are enacted you predict that all those who would otherwise vote will get an ID before the election?

@ThePainefulTruth Said

This hand-holding is such a thinly disguised ruse it's embarrassing that Democrats even bring it up. And there are enough instances of voter fraud (ONE is enough) to justify the legislation anyway.

Well like I said before, currently 10% of eligible voters do nopt have the necessary ID so the possibility of excluding millions of voters could be seen as a significant problem especially if there is no evidence that the laws are stopping a problem.
restoreone On January 30, 2022

, Ohio
#44New Post! Oct 14, 2012 @ 13:06:05
@ThePainefulTruth Said

The "cost" is to set one's beer down, get up off the couch, and go get an ID. Any qualified citizen can get one. If one is not motivated to that extent, they aren't motivated enough to vote anyway. This hand-holding is such a thinly disguised ruse it's embarrassing that Democrats even bring it up. And there are enough instances of voter fraud (ONE is enough) to justify the legislation anyway.

No the cost is religious freedom you do know what that is don't you?
The Ohio Amish may be different but they still can not pose for photos.Any Amish man or women could easily out work your a** any day of the week.
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#45New Post! Oct 14, 2012 @ 16:38:14
@MAW Said

What about the hanging chads?

If he did it maybe he should be hung!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed