Regular law vs. secular law

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
Conflict On about 22 hours ago

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#16New Post! Oct 22, 2012 @ 13:21:22
@chief_big Said

We are animals you idiot. The law of darwenism is survival of the fittest and the only one the wilderness follows........ hmmmm, I get it now. You're just really really dumb, carry on.

Please do not result to personal insults. My intelligence is something that can be called into question, but not assaulted via name calling or stereotyping. You may say I am hypocritical or contradictory or disreputable, those are fine expressions of the mind that we can debate on a cerebral level, but please, calling me dumb and an idiot is not a mature or intelligent way to discuss this topic or any other.

I have reported this post.
chief_big On June 12, 2013

haggisville, United Kingdom
#17New Post! Oct 22, 2012 @ 13:24:24
@jonnythan Said

It's sarcasm. I'm making fun of the idiotic and contradictory ideas in the OP.

Ahh thought so, I love how he thanked you......... wait is he being sarcastic to?, also ag210d or whatever he's called restricted access to his thread so he can pretend he is a rightous man. Kinda disturbing.

#18New Post! Oct 22, 2012 @ 13:29:56
@Conflict Said

Please do not result to personal insults. My intelligence is something that can be called into question, but not assaulted via name calling or stereotyping. You may say I am hypocritical or contradictory, those are fine expressions of the mind that we can debate on a cerebral level, but please, calling me dumb is not a mature way to discuss this topic or any other.

I have reported this post.

Yeah ok, but you are and accepting yourself for what you are is an important trait that all self disciplined animals must learn to reach their greatest heights.
Tar On April 28, 2014

San Antonio, Texas
#19New Post! Oct 22, 2012 @ 13:41:29
@chief_big Said

also ag210d or whatever he's called restricted access to his thread so he can pretend he is a rightous man..

Not to be a derailleur ... but he's just another weak person masquerading as a strong one.

As for this thread, I think the OP is a bit confused as his idea is not really fully thought out. I'm getting the idea that he doesnt think secular law has any "moral" connotation to it, or at least he is confusing his own personal view of morality with a more generally accepted view of it

#20New Post! Oct 22, 2012 @ 13:53:16
@Tar Said

Not to be a derailleur ... but he's just another weak person masquerading as a strong one.

As for this thread, I think the OP is a bit confused as his idea is not really fully thought out. I'm getting the idea that he doesnt think secular law has any "moral" connotation to it, or at least he is confusing his own personal view of morality with a more generally accepted view of it

I know, I doubt he will understand that though so I translated it into "really really dumb". No shame in it really we all are, I probably could have been a tad more tackful though.
Tar On April 28, 2014

San Antonio, Texas
#21New Post! Oct 22, 2012 @ 14:20:31
@chief_big Said

I know, I doubt he will understand that though so I translated it into "really really dumb". No shame in it really we all are, I probably could have been a tad more tackful though.

Tact? PFFFft, this is TFS. We don't need no stinkin tact
Tar On April 28, 2014

San Antonio, Texas
#23New Post! Oct 22, 2012 @ 21:56:33
@Conflict Said

However, let's keep in mind that animals never fight or kill for pleasure. They do it out of survival, not malice. This is something humans falter from.

You are incorrect. Animals do kill for malice. There have been documented cases of animals hunting out a particular individual (human) who has caused them harm. They are typically the higher order animals such as Orca and Grizzly bears. It is not survival, it is revenge.

You have a very bad idea of how the animal world works apparently
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#25New Post! Oct 22, 2012 @ 22:30:01
@Conflict Said
However, let's keep in mind that animals never fight or kill for pleasure.

Someone is obviously not a cat owner.

https://theoatmeal.com/comics/cats_actually_kill
Conflict On about 22 hours ago

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#26New Post! Oct 23, 2012 @ 13:19:34
Actually, I do own a cat. His name is Emil and he's now two years old. I would say that there exceptions to every rule. Yes, cats do kill for pleasure. I didn't want to accept this, but it's the truth.

By the way, Tar, is revenge not a method of survival? Do we not kill in revenge to prevent any more of our friends and family from suffering as the ones before?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs