Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...6 7 8
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#106New Post! Sep 29, 2012 @ 02:45:32
@El_Tino Said

I wonder how many years of taxes he restated and paid more on (moron) to say his lowest tax rate was 13%

You know damn well that he is going to go back a few years down the road and claim that extra 2 mil.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#107New Post! Sep 29, 2012 @ 02:47:29
@DorkySupergirl Said

I just want to make sure I have this correct.

He donated say 4 million dollars to charity but he only claimed 2.25 million. He did this because if he had claimed the full 4 million he would have paid only 9% in taxes but by claiming only the 2.25 million, he paid 14%. So this is to make it seem like he pays more in taxes than he does so it looks good to the American people when he runs for president and releases his tax forms?

But he released only say tax years 2011 and 2010 so its quite possible in previous years he claimed the whole kitty of say 4 millions and only paid 9% in taxes. We have no idea other than what he released.

B
I
N
G
O

B
I
N
G
O

B
I
N
G
O

and bingo was his name-o!
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#108New Post! Sep 29, 2012 @ 02:49:29
@jonnythan Said

Well he did release a summary that says he paid in the neighborhood of 13% every year. I think it's improbable that he straight-up lied about that.

He lied!
He also fudged the numbers to cover his lie.
And we are to believe him now when he states he never has paid below 13%?

"Checks in the mail, And I promise I won't ......." yeah we get the idea.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#109New Post! Sep 29, 2012 @ 02:50:51
@boxerdc Said

So now you want his tax returns from more than 12 years ago? Give it a rest..

Just shows how far you'll go to try to find something.. Nothing terrible in the last 11 years of tax returns... make him show 20.. if there's nothing there, make him show receipts for everything he's ever purchased..

Oh.. he can't show a receipt for the candy bar he had when he was 6.. he's obviously a thief.

Get a grip.

Not to mention the Muse is perfectly fine swallowing Ryan's load without even flinching!
El_Tino On October 12, 2023
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#110New Post! Sep 29, 2012 @ 06:11:26
@DorkySupergirl Said

I just want to make sure I have this correct.

He donated say 4 million dollars to charity but he only claimed 2.25 million. He did this because if he had claimed the full 4 million he would have paid only 9% in taxes but by claiming only the 2.25 million, he paid 14%. So this is to make it seem like he pays more in taxes than he does so it looks good to the American people when he runs for president and releases his tax forms?

But he released only say tax years 2011 and 2010 so its quite possible in previous years he claimed the whole kitty of say 4 millions and only paid 9% in taxes. We have no idea other than what he released.

He released a letter from the firm that prepared his taxes stating the lowest rate he paid was around 13%. They didn't say whether he had re-filed any past returns to achieve that rate.
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#111New Post! Sep 29, 2012 @ 06:14:43
@shinobinoz Said

You know damn well that he is going to go back a few years down the road and claim that extra 2 mil.

Or I could point out that some of the donation appears to have been appreciated stock, that when you donate it you avoid the capital gains plus you get a deduction at the fully appreciated value, so you get a double tax benefit on the same asset!

Of course, anyone can take advantage of this who has an appreciated asset and wants to make a charitable donation... such as if you want a double tax benefit for giving to a church which doesn't pay taxes on it either (triple tax benefit overall). Separation of church & state my a**
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#112New Post! Sep 29, 2012 @ 06:15:15
Meme Generator
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#113New Post! Sep 29, 2012 @ 13:47:07
@El_Tino Said

Or I could point out that some of the donation appears to have been appreciated stock, that when you donate it you avoid the capital gains plus you get a deduction at the fully appreciated value, so you get a double tax benefit on the same asset!

Of course, anyone can take advantage of this who has an appreciated asset and wants to make a charitable donation... such as if you want a double tax benefit for giving to a church which doesn't pay taxes on it either (triple tax benefit overall). Separation of church & state my a**

I have a sweat lodge in my back yard. I'm going to claim this Religious property then and take all of those benefits from loopholes!!!!
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#114New Post! Sep 30, 2012 @ 04:49:58
Romney has money hidden overseas though he wants us to trust him that he has fully disclosed the amounts on all of them.
https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/09/mitt-romney-offshore-investments-cayman-islands
Tar On April 28, 2014

San Antonio, Texas
#115New Post! Oct 01, 2012 @ 22:27:46
@jonnythan Said

Romney is the patron saint of saying pretty much anything because he thinks that's what people want to hear.

If you want to talk about intellectual honesty, Ron Paul has them both quite outclassed. But between Obama and Romney, Obama comes out well ahead.

hence the reason why Ron Paul has been eliminated. Americans don't want the truth. They can't handle it
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...6 7 8

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs