Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#46New Post! Sep 23, 2012 @ 15:35:31
@white_swan53 Said

It was down right annoying at times ,during the first couple years of Obama's taking over the reins to be constantly hearing accusations of 'racist or hating on him ' when anyone dared to question or take issue on some thing he had done. Now it is at times wearisome and at other times pretty entertaining or even amazing to watch those people mother hen Obama while hating on Romney.

@LuckyCharms Said

Eh, bound to happen with the first black (half black? whatever) president. That's just realism.

But now, several years in, it's not the norm. So, frankly, it's nothing to get excited about.

Especially when you consider that Ann Romney was complaining that it is the republicans doing this!
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#47New Post! Sep 23, 2012 @ 17:55:01
@shinobinoz Said

Especially when you consider that Ann Romney was complaining that it is the republicans doing this!

Exactly.

And let us not forget those that dared criticize Bush and/or his policies was labeled "unamerican" and "unpatriotic".

Such utter craziness. There's no reason to get excited over the racism bulls***. Get the hell over it. I was called sexist, unamerican and unpatriotic for criticizing and/or disagreeing with republicans in the past. I don't have a whole lot of sympathy for those harping over being called racist.
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#48New Post! Sep 23, 2012 @ 22:23:59
@shinobinoz Said

Generally that is just a cover for those who would attack the president because of his race.

I'm not going to second guess you .
So would you clarify what it is that your saying is a cover for attacking him because of race.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#49New Post! Sep 23, 2012 @ 23:48:44
@white_swan53 Said

I'm not going to second guess you .
So would you clarify what it is that your saying is a cover for attacking him because of race.

Racism today is more covert. Unlike the overt racism of the past. It has gotten better, true, but too many of those racists are still with us (or new one's taught so by the older ones) but they will not be attacking someone so that you know they are doing it racially- they do it under the guise of other reasons or use code words to signal others what they are doing. They of course will be the first to take offense that something they've said/done was racially motivated though we can see through the smokescreen.
That is what I mean.

n/a, New Mexico
#50New Post! Sep 24, 2012 @ 00:26:03
@shinobinoz Said

Racism today is more covert. Unlike the overt racism of the past. It has gotten better, true, but too many of those racists are still with us (or new one's taught so by the older ones) but they will not be attacking someone so that you know they are doing it racially- they do it under the guise of other reasons or use code words to signal others what they are doing. They of course will be the first to take offense that something they've said/done was racially motivated though we can see through the smokescreen.
That is what I mean.

And so what is happening is Obama has no worries of being held accountable for anything he does ,because any time someone tries to question him or demand an accounting from him , he knows there will be accusations from his supporters about 'code words' and 'smoke screens'.

This is the best I have heard/seen it said yet.

https://www.theforumsite.com/forum/topic/Aww-Just-Shut-up-MLK/467993
It is a long read but not boring.

Its the site I linkrd to in the OP that I mean is a long but not boring read.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#51New Post! Sep 24, 2012 @ 00:31:39
@white_swan53 Said

And so what is happening is Obama has no worries of being held accountable for anything he does ,because any time someone tries to question him or demand an accounting from him , he knows there will be accusations from his supporters about 'code words' and 'smoke screens'.

Probably catty of me to say, but oh well: yeah, it's boring. But if it makes you happy, then yay for you.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#52New Post! Sep 24, 2012 @ 00:36:09
@white_swan53 Said

I agree with the other posters. Seems a non-starter.
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#53New Post! Sep 24, 2012 @ 00:44:40

n/a, New Mexico
#54New Post! Sep 24, 2012 @ 00:51:18
@DiscordTiger Said

Probably catty of me to say, but oh well: yeah, it's boring. But if it makes you happy, then yay for you.

Different strokes for different folks ,,
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#55New Post! Sep 24, 2012 @ 01:22:30
Maybe this might help WhiteSwan.
Obama in 1998: (You might recognize the shorten sentence the right & Romney have latched onto but the longer sentence clears that up and the whole section addresses a few of the issues your link brought up but mistakenly tried to denigrate Obama about.)

"Let me just close by saying, as we think about the policy research surrounding the issues that I just named, policy research for the working poor, broadly defined, I think that what we're going to have to do is somehow resuscitate the notion that government action can be effective at all. There has been a systematic -- I don't think it's too strong to call it a propaganda campaign against the possibility of government action and its efficacy. And I think some of it has been deserved. Chicago Housing Authority has not been a model of good policymaking. And neither necessarily have been the Chicago Public Schools.

What that means, then, is, is that as we try to resuscitate this notion that we're all in this thing together, leave nobody behind, we do have to be innovative in thinking, what are the delivery systems that are actually effective and meet people where they live? And my suggestion, I guess, would be that the trick -- and this is one of the few areas where I think there are technical issues that have to be dealt with, as opposed to just political issues -- I think the trick is figuring out how do we structure government systems that pool resources and hence facilitate some redistribution, because I actually believe in redistribution, at least at a certain level to make sure that everybody's got a shot."
https://mediamatters.org/blog/2012/09/21/shame-on-them-obama-co-panelists-fault-media-wh/190052
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs