"2016: Obama's America" review

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#1New Post! Aug 24, 2012 @ 22:49:29
First there's nothing here for hard core libs, unless of course you need something to bounce your canards off of.

This (D-word) film is for the conservitarian base, but especially for the undecideds and those who don't pay much attention to politics until the big elections come around. Well this is the biggest election since the Civil War so maybe all of the categories should give it a look see.

Basically it covers a lot of ground in a short time but it does it thoroughly, convincingly and unlike Michael Moore, employing the Truth. D'Souza is an immigrant from India who developed a healthy dislike for colonial empires, but who doesn't put the US in that category, and points out, ironically using the words of Obama's own half-brother who lives in a shack in Kenya, that colonial governments aren't necessarily the worst of all worlds. He tells D'Souza that he doesn't hold a grudge against Barack for not helping him--even saying that he doesn't expect it. But it's implied later that maybe the reason Obama didn't offer any help in any way, is because he isn't cut from the same anti-colonial cloth that Obama was--or maybe because his isn't even related.

As I said there's a whole lot of information here, but the one part that sticks out is from an interview with the black conservative author, Shelby Steele. He says (paraphrasing), that white Americans elected Obama because he was articulate, well-spoken and not angry. He said, correctly IMHO, that they didn't know who he was and they didn't want to know--they were just anxious to prove that they weren't racists anymore.

Bingo!

But now they're learning who he is with the help of movies and books like this, not to mention his actions as President, and it isn't pretty. I knew about most of the skeleton's in Obama's closet (still there thanks to the media) like Ayers, and the "Rev." Jeremiah Wright, but I learned a lot from the interviews in Africa and elsewhere. The real surprise for me was the communist, Frank Marshall Davis, who was Obama's mentor in Hawaii until Obama left to live in Indonesia. Obama refers to him as "Frank" 22 times in his book, Dream From My Father. Some are calling him Obama's substitute father, others are saying he's his real father who Obama didn't want to be associated with openly during his campaign (like his typical white grandmother). Obama "Sr." btw was apparently a alcoholic. Obama only spent one short with him. Either way, Frank was Obama's father figure during his early formative years.

The most quoted person in the film, by far, was Obmama himself, from his political speeches and the narration of his book. 9/10
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs