Forums:
Random

Promises thread

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Conflict On April 03, 2024

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#1New Post! Aug 20, 2012 @ 14:51:17
I create this thread in the hope that it will better inspire us all and give those of us who have done wrong in the past a chance to repent. I will make some of my promises first.

1) I will never again threaten any member of this forum: the rules against are them are quite correct. Personal problems must not escalate to the extent where we issue threats. We can resolve any matters by talking to each other.

2) I will never stab anyone in the back, no matter how much money I am offered or whatever career advancements I am offered. I believe in sides and never intend to swing from one to the other. I will take one side and stick to it.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Aug 20, 2012 @ 15:34:09
well done!

I will try to be less skeptical and a bit more open and comminucative with the people in my life.
sTreetAngeL On January 24, 2022
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#3New Post! Aug 20, 2012 @ 15:56:16
I will strive to be less forgiving and more self important.
I matter as much, if not more than others do. I will remind myself of this fact daily ; and actively work to reinforce it where necessary. - starting with yesterday.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#4New Post! Aug 20, 2012 @ 16:15:45
I promise to remain the person I am.
I promise not to stress so much over little things once I'm in the Marines
Delta62 On March 30, 2024
Natural asshole

manchester, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Aug 20, 2012 @ 16:18:29
@Conflict Said

I create this thread in the hope that it will better inspire us all and give those of us who have done wrong in the past a chance to repent. I will make some of my promises first.

1) I will never again threaten any member of this forum: the rules against are them are quite correct. Personal problems must not escalate to the extent where we issue threats. We can resolve any matters by talking to each other.

2) I will never stab anyone in the back, no matter how much money I am offered or whatever career advancements I am offered. I believe in sides and never intend to swing from one to the other. I will take one side and stick to it.

I could try number one but then again dave is still breathing, so that aint gonna happen any time soon
Drgnfly83 On September 02, 2014

, Virginia
#6New Post! Aug 20, 2012 @ 16:21:09
I like this idea. Its great!

I promise to give the best advice always to anyone that asks it of me.

I promise to not allow others to walk all over me. I don't deserve the treatment, and they don't deserve my time if they want to walk all over me.

Also, I promise to be very supportive of Cpat during his journey before during and after the marines.
Silly_Me On April 22, 2020

In a cave, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Aug 20, 2012 @ 16:34:47
@sTreetAngeL Said

I matter as much, if not more than others do. I will remind myself of this fact daily ; and actively work to reinforce it where necessary. - starting with yesterday.

I agree with this and made this promise to myself a year ago after a very hard lesson. I realized that there are givers and takers in this world and its in my nature to be a giver which I do willingly, but to those who know how not to abuse it.

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#8New Post! Aug 21, 2012 @ 14:28:19
@sTreetAngeL Said

Be careful, malfeasence and excess could come out of this. Do well by others and drive yourself forward, yes, by all means, but keep in mind that others exist to give us the praise we recieve. Awards, certificates, are all written by the men and women we serve with.

Remember, we make our living from others. We deserve recognition and to follow our self-interests, but within codes of honor.
sTreetAngeL On January 24, 2022
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#9New Post! Aug 21, 2012 @ 15:42:11
@Conflict Said

Be careful, malfeasence and excess could come out of this. Do well by others and drive yourself forward, yes, by all means, but keep in mind that others exist to give us the praise we recieve. Awards, certificates, are all written by the men and women we serve with.

Remember, we make our living from others. We deserve recognition and to follow our self-interests, but within codes of honor.

I realize this; and this is how I live. However, when others fail to recognize and treat us accordingly,...this is what I'm referring to.

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#10New Post! Aug 29, 2012 @ 14:33:25
@sTreetAngeL Said

I realize this; and this is how I live. However, when others fail to recognize and treat us accordingly,...this is what I'm referring to.

This I respect. I promise to always keep my word and do what I say. I have no value if I can´t.
drummerwannabe On June 17, 2019
Travel Junkie

In a drum.., Minnesota
#11New Post! Aug 29, 2012 @ 14:52:36
I promise to become better at standing up for me and not letting people walk all over me or use me because I'm nice to people. Nice doesn't mean easy target.

I promise to work harder to not worry about things. I will try to be more accepting of the fact that I can't keep worrying about things that aren't in my control. To enjoy life as it comes and let things go when needed.

I'm a work in progress, but I will always keep trying.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs