College Loans

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#16New Post! Aug 20, 2012 @ 03:33:25
@townie_guy Said

I didn't set it up as autopsy. The goverment did that themselves. They gave me the money, now they are taking it back. Just glad they don't want it in the same payment sizes as they gave it me.

I never had a student loan but I know people who did, they got a provincial loan and a federal loan. When it was time to pay back, the bank they borrowed from contacted them and they make a payment of x amount of money that has nothing to do with your income but is based on how much you owe. So if you make 20,000 a year or 100,000 a year but borrowed say 25,000, you payment is the same. They set it up on automatic withdrawal. If you make too little to pay it back, you can get relief 6 times for 6 months each time, after that, even if you do not make much money, you need to find a way to pay. I know someone who had a high student loan and declared bankrupsy, they were not allowed to declare bankrupt on the student loan and still has to pay it back.

Maybe its different in US but that that is how it works here.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#17New Post! Aug 20, 2012 @ 03:35:55
@DorkySupergirl Said

I never had a student loan but I know people who did, they got a provincial loan and a federal loan. When it was time to pay back, the bank they borrowed from contacted them and they make a payment of x amount of money that has nothing to do with your income but is based on how much you owe. So if you make 20,000 a year or 100,000 a year but borrowed say 25,000, you payment is the same. They set it up on automatic withdrawal. If you make too little to pay it back, you can get relief 6 times for 6 months each time, after that, even if you do not make much money, you need to find a way to pay. I know someone who had a high student loan and declared bankrupsy, they were not allowed to declare bankrupt on the student loan and still has to pay it back.

I think it's the same or at least similar.

, Canada
#18New Post! Aug 20, 2012 @ 03:50:14
@Cpat92 Said

Thanks. I was not sure if it was the same or not. If your hold expired and you do not get paid until you are done, its a mandatory payment, like you can't get out of not paying a student loan but even by going bankrupt, will they let you have some of your boot camp money a month for you to pay it?
Dark_Tink On December 30, 2018
<3 Boobie <3

, Canada
#19New Post! Aug 20, 2012 @ 03:55:17
@DorkySupergirl Said

Also, if you fail to make any payments, after a period of time, they take any money you would receive from your tax return.

, Canada
#20New Post! Aug 20, 2012 @ 03:57:18
@Dark_Tink Said

Also, if you fail to make any payments, after a period of time, they take any money you would receive from your tax return.

I do not doubt that at all. But it takes forever to get them to pay you back when they screw up. They messed up with me on something and it took 6 months for me to get it back!
sAeGeSpAeNe On October 05, 2021
Part-time Nidologist

The other Bristol..., Connecti
#21New Post! Aug 20, 2012 @ 03:59:45
@Cpat92 Said

That's a safe bet!
Dark_Tink On December 30, 2018
<3 Boobie <3

, Canada
#22New Post! Aug 20, 2012 @ 04:19:40
@DorkySupergirl Said

I do not doubt that at all. But it takes forever to get them to pay you back when they screw up. They messed up with me on something and it took 6 months for me to get it back!

That's the government for ya. They screw up, they take their sweet a** time giving money back to you. You screw up, they're on you as fast as hockey players at the puck drop.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs