Have you ever been to a school reunion?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
waldo On August 02, 2016
I don't care

lancaster, United Kingdom
#16New Post! Aug 14, 2012 @ 09:20:40
No, and like most on here I would never want to go to one. My School friends have moved on in their life as I have moved on with mine. I still have one best friend who I still see from time to time, and he says he has seen such and such have you, NO I haven't and don't want to see them either lol
The last time I stepped inside my H.S was when my daughter was looking at H.S's to go to. That was about 6 years ago (OMG where has the time gone, she starts 6th form in September) It had changed so much I was like a new person walking round the school. I remember when I went to the open evening as a kid and thinking to myself how the hell am I going to find my way round this place It's massive.
paramour On July 30, 2014

Purgatory Beach,
#17New Post! Aug 14, 2012 @ 10:24:43
Another mark for the "hell, no, absolutely not" crowd that seems to be abundant here on TFS.

I did not attend my last reunion and will not be attending the upcoming one either. I despised my school and just about everyone in it. There's no one I care enough about to waste my time & money to return to a state that I never hope to see again. If I wanted to talk to you, then I'd have remained in touch over the years. I haven't, so why would I bother attending a reunion where I'm actually required to be present with you in the same room?

@waldo Said
The last time I stepped inside my H.S was when my daughter was looking at H.S's to go to. That was about 6 years ago (OMG where has the time gone, she starts 6th form in September) It had changed so much I was like a new person walking round the school. I remember when I went to the open evening as a kid and thinking to myself how the hell am I going to find my way round this place It's massive.

I misread that as September 6th (the date) and immediately thought of my own child (because his birthday is Sept 6). I still cannot seem to fully grasp that he will be 12 this year. Eeks! Where did the time go?!
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#18New Post! Aug 14, 2012 @ 10:30:21
I'm still friends with people from high school, and I see them often enough to keep the friendships alive. Social media also helps, as we can share tidbits of our current lives on a regular basis easily..

I went to one high school reunion, and hung out with the same people I hung with when I was in high school... and we ended up skipping out and going to the local gay bar to dance, which is exactly what we used to do when we were in high school..
Silver_Lining On March 21, 2023
RIP Boobie

STOKE-ON-TRENT, United Kingdom
#19New Post! Aug 16, 2012 @ 10:21:01
No, but it's 10 years next year since I left school and I have discussed with a few friends the possibility of organising one.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#20New Post! Aug 16, 2012 @ 15:50:18
I think my high school reunion will be a little odd for me. I don't even remember a 1/4 of the people I graduated with and I've been out of high school for almost three years.
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#21New Post! Aug 16, 2012 @ 17:59:20
Once when I was parting at the local watering hole, i looked around and it seemed that every nut case I ever went to school with was in that bar. It turned out that the 10 year reunion was that weekend, but was so boring that all the 'cool' kids had escaped and found their way to the bar.
I had RSVP that I wouldn't be attending the deal month both and promptly forgot about it until I looked around that bar that night.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#22New Post! Aug 16, 2012 @ 18:41:30
I went to my 10th. It totally sucked a** as far as the planning part. But then knowing who "planned" it, I'm not really surprised.
Anyway, one of my friends ran into to someone that married one of her husband's friends that was on the planning committee, so we knew the time and date, and got a hold of most of our group of friends, and everyone but one was able to get off work in time to go "back home" So, we ended up in the bar (the only place to have one of these events was at one of the local "bars" ) as a group having a grand old time catching up, drinking, dancing, and generally ignoring the stuck up people. A few people from the classes tat finished a year or two earlier or later "went to the bar that night" too, Then when the bar closed, we went back to someone's house, all it needed was a bonfire.

Anyway, my 20th is coming soon. I'd probably go to that too, if I know about it, and the majority of the rest of my friends are up to it. Or we will run off to Vegas instead (the NV one) that might be an option.
The actual events might still suck, and there will be people I still don't care about, but I can be in the same room with for a few hours without issue. My friends are still fun, and getting together as a big group is hard with everyone spread out over the country.

Anyway, I came from a small town where everyone new everyone, and graduating class of about just under 250. Not sure if that makes a difference.

n/a, New Mexico
#23New Post! Aug 16, 2012 @ 19:00:10
@DiscordTiger Said

Anyway, my 20th is coming soon. I'd probably go to that too, if I know about it, and the majority of the rest of my friends are up to it. Or we will run off to Vegas instead (the NV one) that might be an option.
Anyway, I came from a small town where everyone new everyone, and graduating class of about just under 250. Not sure if that makes a difference.

Bold Text.
I wonder how many people are confused when they see someone who seems inclined to specify which ' Vegas'?

Small town with a graduating class of 250 ?
The town I am from considers 25 or 30 a big graduating class .
The class of 1979 we were 21.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#24New Post! Aug 16, 2012 @ 19:06:09
@white_swan53 Said

Bold Text.
I wonder how many people are confused when they see someone who seems inclined to specify which ' Vegas'?

I know I figured you and Tino might be the only ones that would know what I meant. though I am from "down south" - Silver City We were AAA
so Vegas is not so close, but I have a lot of family from there, so it's worth clarifying out of habit.
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#25New Post! Aug 16, 2012 @ 19:13:24
@DiscordTiger Said

@white_swan53 Said

Bold Text.

I am also from a small town where everyone knew everyone. I could probably still name (first, last and sometimes middle names) all the 34 people who graduated with me in 1996.

250 people is more than all 4 high school classes that year.
Rehabilitation_Please On May 20, 2016
Has Tiger Blood

Peterborough, United Kingdom
#26New Post! Aug 16, 2012 @ 19:15:46
No, it was bad enough people where trying to ride my coat tails back then. A reunion and more importantly another chance for them to attempt to ride my coat tails once more is not needed.

n/a, New Mexico
#27New Post! Aug 16, 2012 @ 19:28:05
@DiscordTiger Said

I know I figured you and Tino might be the only ones that would know what I meant. though I am from "down south" - Silver City We were AAA
so Vegas is not so close, but I have a lot of family from there, so it's worth clarifying out of habit.

Wow, I'm impressed. You are a very brave woman and I bet your family members in Las Vegas are proud to call you a relation . Most people would be a bit shy about publicly saying 'I have a lot of family there '

Just joking you....
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#28New Post! Aug 16, 2012 @ 19:29:28
@white_swan53 Said

Wow, I'm impressed. You are a very brave woman and I bet your family members in Las Vegas are proud to call you a relation . Most people would be a bit shy about publicly saying 'I have a lot of family there '

Just joking you....

Yeah, people may have been born there, but they all fled as soon as it was legally possible.

n/a, New Mexico
#29New Post! Aug 16, 2012 @ 19:37:22
@DiscordTiger Said

Yeah, people may have been born there, but they all fled as soon as it was legally possible.

That's the same tale of woe that applies all towns in this state with the exceptions of Alb. and Santa Fe, maybe.
The young people can't wait to blow their home town , and the middle aged people can't wait to retire and come back .
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs