The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Politics:
US Election 2012

Are Republicans Good For The Middle Class?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#46New Post! Sep 11, 2012 @ 00:57:30
@Pcptrvanion Said

I've heard a LOT of Democrats screaming about these imaginary "tax cuts" but I've not heard a single Republican actually propose such a thing.

Either way, I prefer job generating tax cuts to the Democrat plan of "Fool the poor, f*** the Middle Class, f*** the Rich, and give everything to the government."

Please explain why taxes dropped from around 70% for the wealthiest to historic lows while middle-class earnings stayed flat while productivity rose and CEO & 1% saw 150 to 300% earnings or more from 1979 to this day?

Supply side & trickle down is a factual fraud.
Pcptrvanion On November 10, 2014

Howe, Texas
#47New Post! Sep 11, 2012 @ 01:03:44
@shinobinoz Said

Please explain why taxes dropped from around 70% for the wealthiest to historic lows while middle-class earnings stayed flat while productivity rose and CEO & 1% saw 150 to 300% earnings or more from 1979 to this day?

Supply side & trickle down is a factual fraud.

At that same time inflation and the unemployment rate were cut in half.

It must really gaul you to see someone earn an honest profit.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#48New Post! Sep 11, 2012 @ 01:11:56
@Pcptrvanion Said

At that same time inflation and the unemployment rate were cut in half.

It must really gaul you to see someone earn an honest profit.

Which did exactly what for the middle class?
USAFPSPRET On December 05, 2013

Cape May, New Jersey
#49New Post! Sep 11, 2012 @ 01:15:19
@shinobinoz Said

Why not just post the damn link?

What? Its mandatory now? Look, I stated the article exists, when and where. I've read through a lot of the Politics section on this site and no one convinces anyone on the other side of anything regardless of a statement, a link or multiple links. As I said, I'm not here to convince you or any other liberal that trending more to the right is better. From what I've seen, most of those of a more conservative bent take quite a verbal browbeating from an old guard liberal crew here. Posting the link would be one more exercise in futility.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#50New Post! Sep 11, 2012 @ 01:18:55
@USAFPSPRET Said

What? Its mandatory now? Look, I stated the article exists, when and where. I've read through a lot of the Politics section on this site and no one convinces anyone on the other side of anything regardless of a statement, a link or multiple links. As I said, I'm not here to convince you or any other liberal that trending more to the right is better. From what I've seen, most of those of a more conservative bent take quite a verbal browbeating from an old guard liberal crew here. Posting the link would be one more exercise in futility.

"I give up" or "I'm not inclined to try and present facts that I'd have torn apart or have to defend" would be more simple to say!
drman321 On December 28, 2013

, Florida
#51New Post! Sep 11, 2012 @ 03:39:26
@Pcptrvanion Said

I've heard a LOT of Democrats screaming about these imaginary "tax cuts" but I've not heard a single Republican actually propose such a thing.

Either way, I prefer job generating tax cuts to the Democrat plan of "Fool the poor, f*** the Middle Class, f*** the Rich, and give everything to the government."

That is complete bulls***.

If you haven't seen the Republican tax cuts for the rich then you should probably take a peek at Romney's plan he has proposed.

Cape May, New Jersey
#52New Post! Sep 11, 2012 @ 13:33:49
@shinobinoz Said

"I give up" or "I'm not inclined to try and present facts that I'd have torn apart or have to defend" would be more simple to say!

Is that what these discussions and posts are about? One side wants the other to give up or remain silent? Supporting a candidate and being on the opposite side of an ideology is still permitted at present.

The OP question and topic is fine, but its really geared to allow one side to overwhelm any poster with whom it does not agree. That's OK; it won't really make a whit of difference by 12:01AM Wednesday, November 7, 2012. The election will have been held and, unless it is razor-thin, the media will be making its projections on the winner.
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#53New Post! Sep 11, 2012 @ 13:42:44
NPR had an article with a republican financial analyst who said that while it's possible for Mitt to actually take in more money without taxing the middle class, it is highly unlikely that he will be able to do so.

The hit to the wealthy would be too much for them to stand, so the hit will most probably be to the wealthy in the form of removal of tax breaks, and the middle class in the loss of the mortgage deduction..

He expects that it will also hit the poor with a dramatic reduction of services.

The analyst did not see any way that Romney could do what he states without hitting the middle class and the poor, and still make the numbers add up.

Sadly, Mitt will not elaborate, which is wise for a candidate, because nobody would vote for a guy who tells them right out that he's gonna take more of their money.

And, for those of you who rent, don't think that you'll be immune from the hit that homeowners take.. because your rents will increase to make up the losses to your landlords.

Cape May, New Jersey
#54New Post! Sep 11, 2012 @ 14:05:30
@boxerdc Said

NPR had an article with a republican financial analyst who said that while it's possible for Mitt to actually take in more money without taxing the middle class, it is highly unlikely that he will be able to do so.

The hit to the wealthy would be too much for them to stand, so the hit will most probably be to the wealthy in the form of removal of tax breaks, and the middle class in the loss of the mortgage deduction..

He expects that it will also hit the poor with a dramatic reduction of services.

The analyst did not see any way that Romney could do what he states without hitting the middle class and the poor, and still make the numbers add up.

Sadly, Mitt will not elaborate, which is wise for a candidate, because nobody would vote for a guy who tells them right out that he's gonna take more of their money.

And, for those of you who rent, don't think that you'll be immune from the hit that homeowners take.. because your rents will increase to make up the losses to your landlords.

All of this, regardless of which person is elected, is still in the realm of hypothesis and opinion. Much the same was said during the Carter/Reagan campaigns and the country is still here.

There's an article published today in the Washington Post claiming President Obama has skipped more than 50% of his daily security briefings and spent 600 hours on the golf course versus 412 hours for economic meetings. I want someone who would reverse these stats, if they are true and accurate. I want a president and vice-president who would be willing to forego vacations, at least for himself/herself.
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#55New Post! Sep 11, 2012 @ 14:11:13
@USAFPSPRET Said

All of this, regardless of which person is elected, is still in the realm of hypothesis and opinion. Much the same was said during the Carter/Reagan campaigns and the country is still here.

There's an article published today in the Washington Post claiming President Obama has skipped more than 50% of his daily security briefings and spent 600 hours on the golf course versus 412 hours for economic meetings. I want someone who would reverse these stats, if they are true and accurate. I want a president and vice-president who would be willing to forego vacations, at least for himself/herself.

I most certainly do not want a president who will forgo vacations, as the job is 24/7 already.. so even when he's on vacation, he's at work.

I want a president with the presence of mind to get away and spend time with his family and friends, so he remains sane.. Anyone who thinks it's a good idea to have the most powerful man in the world work non stop for 4 years straight is crazy.

But, while we're at it.. 600 hours works out to 25 days.. divide that by 4 years, and it's less than a week of golf each year..

I get 4 weeks of vacation a year.. I would expect that the most powerful man in the world should get at least double that... just so he can remain fresh and continue to do the job properly.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#56New Post! Sep 11, 2012 @ 23:29:28
@USAFPSPRET Said

Is that what these discussions and posts are about? One side wants the other to give up or remain silent? Supporting a candidate and being on the opposite side of an ideology is still permitted at present.

The OP question and topic is fine, but its really geared to allow one side to overwhelm any poster with whom it does not agree. That's OK; it won't really make a whit of difference by 12:01AM Wednesday, November 7, 2012. The election will have been held and, unless it is razor-thin, the media will be making its projections on the winner.

I assure you. I'm quite OK with you shooting from the hip and not providing facts for your side. I on the other hand hold myself to a higher standard!
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#57New Post! Sep 11, 2012 @ 23:30:31
@USAFPSPRET Said

Like which pres for instance?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs