The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Politics:
Racism

White Supremacist kills 7 at Sikh Temple.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5
angelgz On August 17, 2012

Great Desert,
#61New Post! Aug 17, 2012 @ 16:43:26
@white_swan53 Said

This as wipe did killed several innocent strangers, based on something gong on inside his own head. those people have done nothing to him .
So how does my wishing he hadn't lived long enough to have done what he has done , make me no better then him who took it way past wishing right up to killing .

Interesting debate here. I have to say I lean a bit towards white_swan that some people just don't deserve to live.

One of the biggest debate in Ethics - should you kill Hitler had you know he was going to kill millions. Well in most contemporary comic books, the "super hero" never kills on the grounds that "we are not Gods and should not decide who lives and who dies".

However, if someone knows Hitler will kill millions and he have a chance to stop it, but he decides not to because he doesn't want to play God and be criticized for it. Does this choice make him a hero and a saint, or does it make him a hypocrite? The comic book choice, as illustrated by Joker vs Batman, is an obviously "no". Therefore, I think those so-called "super heroes" the modern comic books illustrate are nothing but hypocrites who doesn't wants all the attentions but none of the responsibilities.

Oh yea, I am getting off topic here. And the dude that did the shooting definitely just want attention. Those people all have psychological problems and their life must suck big time. They have noting worthwhile in their lives and their lack of understanding of their own religion caused them to go down this dark path.
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#62New Post! Aug 17, 2012 @ 18:55:23
@white_swan53 Said

Sure, and could I interest you in some prime ocean front property just outside of Flagstaff Arizona ?

Nothing in that state thanks....
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#63New Post! Aug 17, 2012 @ 22:15:56
@angelgz Said

Interesting debate here. I have to say I lean a bit towards white_swan that some people just don't deserve to live.

One of the biggest debate in Ethics - should you kill Hitler had you know he was going to kill millions. Well in most contemporary comic books, the "super hero" never kills on the grounds that "we are not Gods and should not decide who lives and who dies".

However, if someone knows Hitler will kill millions and he have a chance to stop it, but he decides not to because he doesn't want to play God and be criticized for it. Does this choice make him a hero and a saint, or does it make him a hypocrite? The comic book choice, as illustrated by Joker vs Batman, is an obviously "no". Therefore, I think those so-called "super heroes" the modern comic books illustrate are nothing but hypocrites who doesn't wants all the attentions but none of the responsibilities.

Oh yea, I am getting off topic here. And the dude that did the shooting definitely just want attention. Those people all have psychological problems and their life must suck big time. They have noting worthwhile in their lives and their lack of understanding of their own religion caused them to go down this dark path.

Well written post.
A very interesting point about if someone knew what Hitler would do and had the chance to change the future. ..
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs