AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#46New Post! Aug 01, 2012 @ 21:32:55
@someone_else Said

The way the government is set up, the individual beliefs of the president don't really carry that much weight. Contrary to popular belief, the president doesn't just get to say "I'm going to make this a law" and do it all by him/herself.

@Electric_Banana Said

That's because you's listenin' to Jimmy but you ain't hearing Jimmy.

Mmmhmm...I think it's more because your sentence structure was bizarre. I see what I was seeing wrong though.

@Electric_Banana Said

No, of course not - They'd all be dead over there right now but he does have say in some decisions.

Right. I didn't say he didn't have any say.

@Electric_Banana Said

Me either, I'm on a separate screen in a reply box and can only see your response, not me quote.

Oh right. You said: I won't argue that there is an underlying hidden side to reality but humans like to use those half-understandings to coerce the dealings of many to cooperate with their individual selfish desires and an "Animal Farm" ensues.

Which you've now explained but it is still not done at the whim of one person, no matter how high up on the food chain they are. That is my whole point. Changing just the president will accomplish nothing.

@Electric_Banana Said

Illustration: "And what of the matters of what God has to say, Mr. Chong Quinn Ki?"

"Sorry, I have not met God in person so I cannot hear him - I can only go by what I feel is right."

Point here? We were talking about the face value of something somebody said.
Richard142 On February 15, 2015

Greater London, United Kingdom
#47New Post! Aug 01, 2012 @ 21:42:15
@xLETHAL_VIXENx Said

It is more likely for a secular/atheist president to be more for equality than a religious president. However, Obama surprised me with his acceptance of homosexuality and he is apparently Christian. I just want our country to have a fighting chance for fairness, we are all human beings, let's stop allowing all the bigot laws to be passed.

You have a great heart, lethal maybe but great! I consider myself to be a secular humanist. I don't subscribe to any of the mainstream creationist theories. But I do recognise that we coexist in a rainbow community richly diverse in so many ways. So I would give my support to any group that expressed inclusion. I'm a European but not fanatically so, I hope not anyway. I also hope I have a great heart where the potential for great activity is ever present. So thanks for this thread. I also don't wear flip fops as I prefer sandals, but that is a digression!
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#48New Post! Aug 01, 2012 @ 21:50:43
@someone_else Said

Changing just the president will accomplish nothing.

I'd have to agree with this but also point out that if you can get a prez with a sparkly enough smile he or she, for their term, could be the new Jesus or at least someone good with words who will turn some of the tides slightly.

@someone_else Said

Point here? We were talking about the face value of something somebody said.

I meant the face value of reality.

I personally have a hard enough time affording beer let alone being able to manifest my glass of water into a wine bottle.
MadCornishBiker On January 14, 2014

Banned

St Columb Road, United Kingdom
#49New Post! Aug 01, 2012 @ 21:55:21
@xLETHAL_VIXENx Said

We as a "FREE" country, should be able to have a secular/atheist president. Only then will we be free. There have been some VERY good presidents that were religious, but I just want us secular people to finally have a president that can relate and respect ALL of the people of our country. Whether some are black, white, gay, lesbian, bisexual, disabled... We need someone that can pass bills that are RIGHT for US! No more denying rights!

We can never be truly free until we recognise the truth, which as Jesus said will set us free. Free from the Adamic sin that causes us so much trouble.

However when it comes to Presidents why should you not have a Secular or Atheistic one since by definition it is impossible to have a truly Christian one since true Christians do not get involved in the politics of this Satan-ruled world. First century Christians, the last ones before the Apostasy crept in, had nothing to do with Politics, in imitation of Christ who refused to get involved in the political affairs of his nation, much to the disgust of many of the population.

Hence Jesus saying, "give Caesar's things to Caesar, but God's things to God." It makes no difference who or what the current Caesar may be, whether they be benign or cruel, peaceful or warlike, we give them the respect and limited allegiance due to them whilst giving our primary allegiance to God and Christ.
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#50New Post! Aug 02, 2012 @ 00:18:00
@xLETHAL_VIXENx Said

We as a "FREE" country, should be able to have a secular/atheist president. Only then will we be free. There have been some VERY good presidents that were religious, but I just want us secular people to finally have a president that can relate and respect ALL of the people of our country. Whether some are black, white, gay, lesbian, bisexual, disabled... We need someone that can pass bills that are RIGHT for US! No more denying rights!

We will only be free when we have an agnostic society (not just an agnostic president) of one sort or another. An agnostic-atheist would be fine, but those atheists who claim to KNOW there is no God are the same as the theists who claim to KNOW that there is.
Tar On April 28, 2014

San Antonio, Texas
#51New Post! Aug 02, 2012 @ 07:08:25
@xLETHAL_VIXENx Said

no. We just need a GOOD president and some GOOD congressmen/women. Who gives a f*** about their religion...or their race... or sexual preference. Hell, I still want to vote for Optimus Prime!
MadCornishBiker On January 14, 2014

Banned

St Columb Road, United Kingdom
#52New Post! Aug 02, 2012 @ 08:27:36
@ThePainefulTruth Said

We will only be free when we have an agnostic society (not just an agnostic president) of one sort or another. An agnostic-atheist would be fine, but those atheists who claim to KNOW there is no God are the same as the theists who claim to KNOW that there is.

Agnostics aren't free, they only think they are, but they are still enslaved to the Adamic sin, so called because it is inherited from Adam, that no human can do anything about. They also have no hope of ever being free from sickness and death, a state which true followers of Christ now will be put right in God's good time so that we can enjoy this earth as was originally intended. That is real freedom.

The same goes for Atheists.

The nearest things there is to truly free people are those who, like me, class themselves as slaves of God and Christ, because we have been freed from that Adamic sin, and from the ignorance that allows people to fool themselves into thinking that there is no God, or that if there is He hasn't made himself known, both of which are false premises.

We are also free of any concerns abut the future, though admittedly the present still worries and troubles us.
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#53New Post! Aug 02, 2012 @ 10:41:00
@Tar Said

no. We just need a GOOD president and some GOOD congressmen/women. Who gives a f*** about their religion...or their race... or sexual preference.

We do, if they try to favor them with the government they control, or worse, give control to them, which would be BAD, not GOOD.
Glenn On January 10, 2013
Average Jet Pilot

Deleted
Banned

Meridian, Mississippi
#54New Post! Aug 02, 2012 @ 18:23:51
@xLETHAL_VIXENx Said

I hear you on that.

I love this...first you say that it does not matter what someone does as long as it doesn't hurt anyone ... so ...assuming your post was in response to the "God bless America Presidential statement" ...

So tell me HOW DOES HIM SAYING THAT HURT ANYONE?

Okay I could not find you saying as long as it does not hurt anyone ... but I am fairly sure I saw a post somewhere where you said that.
Glenn On January 10, 2013
Average Jet Pilot

Deleted
Banned

Meridian, Mississippi
#55New Post! Aug 02, 2012 @ 18:27:43
@xLETHAL_VIXENx Said

I just want us all to be equal and I will try everything in my power to make sure my children's future is just! I want my children to be able to marry who they want, I want them to feel safe, I want them happy. No one deserves to hide who they are, love, and want... We just need to live as we wish!

And God forbid if they become believers ... are you then gonna do everything in your power to make sure that they don't become President and say "God bless America"?
Tar On April 28, 2014

San Antonio, Texas
#56New Post! Aug 02, 2012 @ 19:29:02
@ThePainefulTruth Said

We do, if they try to favor them with the government they control, or worse, give control to them, which would be BAD, not GOOD.

agreed. A good leader takes care of his/her people whom they represent, NOT their favorite group
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs