Be Thankful, They Are

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
Drgnfly83 On September 02, 2014

, Virginia
#16New Post! Jul 31, 2012 @ 17:35:48
And then there is always this:

John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son so that whosoever believes in Him will not perish but have everlasting life."
sTreetAngeL On January 24, 2022
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#17New Post! Jul 31, 2012 @ 17:41:59
@Drgnfly83 Said

You know, when the whole thing about how gays shouldn't be allowed in church started coming up left and right in conversations, I grew very annoyed with this perspective...especially from people that claim to be "christian". It bothers me so much because God is absolutely about love. Not once does it say in the bible that God doesn't love you if you choose to love one way or another (a person). I realize it talks about "man and women" together. I get that, but he doesn't outwardly anywhere talk about gay people. - I know I know, this is where someone would chirp in and say ahh but yes, it does. Actually if you read anything where they are taking the bible and dissecting it, the phrase in the bible "homosexual offenders" or "arsenokoite", that is actually supposed to mean male prostitutes.

Anyways I went off on a rant...yeah the whole people of the church not accepting someone based on their sexual preference is really sad to me and I think the apologizing of those folks was nice to see. Do I think they "had" to apologize, nah...they didn't. It wasn't them that made the rude comments and chose to treat them that way, however, I think it speaks volumes about them!

It absolutely speaks volumes about them indeed! It speaks volumes as well about the hypocrisy of the church... to treat ANYone, other than in a loving way.

Even if the Bible does speak against laying down with one's own sex; it also says to welcome everyone into God's house with open arms. That "judgement is reserved for the Lord".

We are all born in sin. We can't escape that. We are none pure or can hope to be, except by the blood of Christ, whom came already and died for our sins so that we may live...It it that belief in Him which will save us. That alone.

I despise anyone who takes a higher regard for themselves, and their own false views; other than the Word of God.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs