News & Current Events

Syrian troops kill 6-year-old fleeing into Jordan

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#1New Post! Jul 28, 2012 @ 07:54:54
Quote:
The boy, killed in the early hours Friday, was the first Syrian shot to death by border guards while trying to escape into neighboring Jordan from the bloodshed of their homeland's 17-month-old uprising against President Bashar Assad. The slaying underlined not only the dangers of the passage, but the fine line Syria's neighbors have to tread in trying to help Syrians while avoiding being dragged into the conflict

"The criminal Bashar is the reason," she said, slapping her face with her fists as she wept. She wore a veil over her face and a traditional Muslim head-to-toe robe. "Bashar is killing his people and the whole world is watching and doing nothing

The Jordanian border official said he believed that amid the firing, the boy was specifically targeted because he was closest to the fence. "It looks like a sniper targeted him to scare the others," the official said. He spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to talk to the press.

The whole shooting appeared to be an ambush by the Syrian troops, who were likely tipped off to the escape plan by an informer in Daraa, said the two FSA members who helped organize the dash for the border.

https://www.usatoday.com/news/world/story/2012-07-28/syrian-boy-slain/56548916/1?csp=24&kjnd=xuRm%2BbpMVR6H7TZIhsv31n%2F2gQZPvgXsRQcMdd%2FFDkCY5BX%2Br63600uWlQhSbZy1-2bd89ec7-3dac-4517-bb1d-c4cc3f66b8fc_FhN8P5oErUFSH42R4b9PnxO8NmjK0dgF%2BBN%2BCh2LH4WhMEq%2BSuWjW1UCAjXZwPEE

I can not imagine living that sort of day to day life.

n/a, New Mexico
#2New Post! Jul 28, 2012 @ 12:54:56
Wow, I was half expecting at least one mile long post on the evils of war and child killers by now.
I guess it's just certain soldiers and certain wars /troops that merit being pointed to as evil .
sAeGeSpAeNe On October 05, 2021
Part-time Nidologist

The other Bristol..., Connecti
#3New Post! Jul 28, 2012 @ 13:41:24
@white_swan53 Said

I can not imagine living that sort of day to day life.

It is not much different than what I had to witness while stationed in Berlin, back in the 1960s. The city was divided by the wall, and those who sought freedom in the West were often made victims. The East Germans had patrol boats on the waters, armed with machine-guns, and would fire on anyone trying to swim to the other side. Elaborate set-ups with mine-fields, and trip-wires, strung between posts of a barbed-wire fence, would trigger an automatic spray of bullets on anyone attempting to get across...

Evil is as evil does......

n/a, New Mexico
#4New Post! Jul 28, 2012 @ 14:22:46
@sAeGeSpAeNe Said

It is not much different than what I had to witness while stationed in Berlin, back in the 1960s. The city was divided by the wall, and those who sought freedom in the West were often made victims. The East Germans had patrol boats on the waters, armed with machine-guns, and would fire on anyone trying to swim to the other side. Elaborate set-ups with mine-fields, and trip-wires, strung between posts of a barbed-wire fence, would trigger an automatic spray of bullets on anyone attempting to get across...

Evil is as evil does......

All because a couple of a** wipes are having a power struggle , right?
Does 'evil' even come close to describing the reality of what you seen and what these people talked about in the article are living though ? Is there even such a word that can ?
sAeGeSpAeNe On October 05, 2021
Part-time Nidologist

The other Bristol..., Connecti
#5New Post! Jul 28, 2012 @ 15:30:34
@white_swan53 Said

All because a couple of a** wipes are having a power struggle , right?
Does 'evil' even come close to describing the reality of what you seen and what these people talked about in the article are living though ? Is there even such a word that can ?

I don't know the answer to your question.

Unless you are one of the oppressed, you really haven't got a clue as to the nature of the 'reality' that they experience, and the only ones that could tell you, with any degree of certainty, about the living conditions and how it feels to live under the thumb of a tyrant,... those people are either dead or effectively silenced.

n/a, New Mexico
#6New Post! Jul 28, 2012 @ 15:46:33
@sAeGeSpAeNe Said

I don't know the answer to your question.

Unless you are one of the oppressed, you really haven't got a clue as to the nature of the 'reality' that they experience, and the only ones that could tell you, with any degree of certainty, about the living conditions and how it feels to live under the thumb of a tyrant,... those people are either dead or effectively silenced.

I wasn't asking you to talk for the oppressed , I ask about what you seen and mentioned what I had read .
Sorry for he mis ubnderstanding.

n/a, New Mexico
#7New Post! Jul 29, 2012 @ 09:23:48
Quote:
"The criminal Bashar is the reason," she said, slapping her face with her fists as she wept. She wore a veil over her face and a traditional Muslim head-to-toe robe. "Bashar is killing his people and the whole world is watching and doing nothing

What can be done to help these people and why isn't it already being done and who should be or is expected to be doing whatever it is to help ?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs