Forums:
News & Current Events

Thousands set to lose internet to virus

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
scardycat On May 17, 2014

, Australia
#1New Post! Jul 07, 2012 @ 11:05:18
Around 6000 Australians are set to lose their internet access from Monday July 9th because of a virus planted by criminals during the past year, the communications watchdog says.
DNSChanger is a form of malicious software (malware) that changes a user's domain name system (DNS) settings.

For more details go to

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/mp/14153556/thousands-set-to-lose-internet-to-virus/

To check it you have been affected from July 9th go to
https://dns-ok.gov.au to check if their computer is affected.
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#2New Post! Jul 07, 2012 @ 11:31:56
JR beat ya to it a couple of days ago.

Was also brought it up in another forum I visit last month (but at that time I suspected more to be just rumor).

From what I understand the virus is easy to clean but also easy to catch again.

, Australia
#3New Post! Jul 07, 2012 @ 11:36:55
@Electric_Banana Said

JR beat ya to it a couple of days ago.

Was also brought it up in another forum I visit last month (but at that time I suspected more to be just rumor).

From what I understand the virus is easy to clean but also easy to catch again.

Bummer someone beat me too it lol
This was in todays paper I didnt know about it so I thought hey why not post it. Hope your right it is only a rumour and there wrong
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#4New Post! Jul 07, 2012 @ 11:44:31
@scardycat Said

Bummer someone beat me too it lol
This was in todays paper I didnt know about it so I thought hey why not post it. Hope your right it is only a rumour and there wrong

If not savy yourself, your local mum and pop tech should be ready to remove it - it's actually kind of a good thing as from what I understand the virus also links you to a network of PCs operated by remote agents who use the infected PCs to mask their identity while launching attacks.

So like one hurricane can clear dead wood that would have otherwise fell while someone was under it - This Monday assault, if it takes place, should reveal and clean out all infections.

One thing you might want to look for are recent emails from various people requesting that you stop spamming them.

, Australia
#5New Post! Jul 07, 2012 @ 11:58:12
@Electric_Banana Said

If not savy yourself, your local mum and pop tech should be ready to remove it - it's actually kind of a good thing as from what I understand the virus also links you to a network of PCs operated by remote agents who use the infected PCs to mask their identity while launching attacks.

So like one hurricane can clear dead wood that would have otherwise fell while someone was under it - This Monday assault, if it takes place, should reveal and clean out all infections.

One thing you might want to look for are recent emails from various people requesting that you stop spamming them.

Thanks for your help and Ill keep an eye out for email spam
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs