The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Relationships:
Homosexuality

Gay Pride London 1972 -2012. 40 Years Of Gay Liberation.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#46New Post! Jul 08, 2012 @ 00:35:29
@boxerdc Said

Sadly, I live in the land of the "mega church".. We've got churches that have parking for 6000, and BBQ trucks set up on the edges when services let out..

There are a lot of them here, and they're generally a pain in the ass..

Oddly they don't seem to have much problem with sex before marriage, divorce and adultery, but they'll defend marriage between a man and a woman to the bitter end.

I believe they're called hypocrites in the rest of the world

Could this be something we agree on...?

Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#47New Post! Jul 08, 2012 @ 00:53:47
@Tar Said

The muslim populations in the US don't typically experience tension, especially pre 9/11. Post, it got weird and stupid because of general ignorance in that much like the president who reigned over 9/11, "murrikans" can't tell the difference between a Shia, Salafi, Soofi, Qaddiani, etc. To the ignorant masses of the USA, they're all "ragheads" such to the point that there were plenty of attacks against hindus simply because of the simple head dress. Makes me wonder wtf... but I digress

Feel free to digress if you think it will add to the discussion.

To be honest, the Europeans in UK wouldn't know a shi'ite from a shipwreck if you put it in a concrete jacket and dropped it on Mr and Mrs UK's head from a great height.

There seems to be a very simple dividing line for those who discriminate.... if they're not quite white, they they're either terrorists or benefit scroungers. To Mr and Mrs Daily Mail Reader, there is very little difference.

But these individuals are few and far between, and their numbers are dwindling, I'm glad to say. They attempt to organise themselves into political parties such as the British National Party (BNP), but those groups are quickly rumbled for what they are.

@Tar Said

I don't fear muslims either. I just seem them as "alternatively" guided. Their view of homosexuality? Well, it depends on the nation. In theocratic ones such as Saudi, its death but when they are in nations like USA, the second gen tends to blend into the general populace and is absorbed into the melting pot. The younger group, the children of immigrants tend to be much more liberal than their parents thanks to the lack of ghettoization which I fear does seem to persist in the UK.

I agree this point entirely. My best friend at school was from a Hindu background. Her parents, who moved to UK from India were quite devout, but my friend who was born in England and had never lived in India knew of Hinduism as taught to her, but she was a western girl in all other respects. She was more like a British teenager. She played cricket and we got drunk together on our first ever bottle of vodka at the age of 13. It was her idea, and she drunk more than I did. That's my story and I'm sticking to it..!! LOL.

@Tar Said

I don't think its "muslims" which are tolerant and accepting, rather I feel its people who are accepting despite of their dogmatic beliefs. The koran does frown seriously upon homosexuality much as christianity does. The fact is though, human pragmatism rears its head in the human psyche regardless. When homosexuals are protected and you cannot kill them outright, you are forced to deal with them. When forced to deal with them, you may come to realize that you actually like them, thus forcing you to question your dogma. We fear what we do not know, and we hate what we fear. If you come to know something, your fear dissolves and soon, so does your hate .

Again, I agree with you entirely. Perhaps putting it in terms of executing people is a bit strong, although I do recognise that holy books do advocate that sort of thing....

You are absolutely right on the "fear through ignorance" point. Education is the key.

But Muslims who have found themselves in Western society have been shown to be more tolerant and integrated than some people would have us believe.

I think it's time we so-called "Christians" started to be less condemnatory to Muslims and accepted them into society.

Tar On April 28, 2014

San Antonio, Texas
#48New Post! Jul 08, 2012 @ 01:18:46
@Jennifer1984 Said

Thank you! I shall keep that in mind

@Jennifer1984 Said

To be honest, the Europeans in UK wouldn't know a shi'ite from a shipwreck if you put it in a concrete jacket and dropped it on Mr and Mrs UK's head from a great height.

I find that surprising considering that Europeans tend to have a vastly superior educational system than our retarded and bass ackward system in the yankland. Most of the gents I've met from the Elder Continent all seemed well versed and learned in many cultures and religions such that I was inspired myself to become more worldly. Perhaps it is something with the UK in specific, but even that strikes me as odd. Perhaps its because I've met the expats of the UK, not the locals and expats tend to be more worldly in general

@Jennifer1984 Said

There seems to be a very simple dividing line for those who discriminate.... if they're not quite white, they they're either terrorists or benefit scroungers. To Mr and Mrs Daily Mail Reader, there is very little difference.

But these individuals are few and far between, and their numbers are dwindling, I'm glad to say. They attempt to organise themselves into political parties such as the British National Party (BNP), but those groups are quickly rumbled for what they are.

Discriminators are idiots. I think that can be said as a fairly true blanket statement. I'm guessing that your Daily Mail is much like Fox News as they are both part of the Murdoch empire right? At least the fools that rely on those sources in the UK are declining. Here, they seem to have dug in deeper than an Alabama tick

@Jennifer1984 Said

I agree this point entirely. My best friend at school was from a Hindu background. Her parents, who moved to UK from India were quite devout, but my friend who was born in England and had never lived in India knew of Hinduism as taught to her, but she was a western girl in all other respects. We got drunk together on our first ever bottle of vodka at the age of 13. It was her idea, and she drunk more than I did. That's my story and I'm sticking to it..!! LOL.

yeah, i dumped my parent's faith because it just doesn't seem to work well in a technocratic society which my little corner of USA was. The old ways are superstitious which doesn't meld well with the factuality we youthful fools of the millenial gen desire so heartily and hungrily. Feed me solid foods and hard liquor, not sweet nothings! We come to value the superiority not of "western" ways, but rather pragmatic or non-dogmatic ways which is much of what western society is grasping for. The acceptance of homosexuality is something that would be unthinkable in any dogmatic society, but not in a pragmatic one which is in continuous evolution towards a goal of perfection and all-inclusion. I'm happy to be on the right side of history.

@Jennifer1984 Said

Again, I agree with you entirely. Perhaps putting it in terms of executing people is a bit strong, although I do recognise that holy books do advocate that sort of thing....

You are absolutely right on the "fear through ignorance" point. Education is the key.

But Muslims who have found themselves in Western society have been shown to be more tolerant and integrated than some people would have us believe.

I think it's time we so-called "Christians" started to be less condemnatory to Muslims and accepted them into society.

Those books advocate all types of nonsense. The problem is, the people who pick up those books are either too stupid to differentiate the nonsense from the golden nuggets.. or they are malicious and choose not to. There will be a*****es in humanity regardless, the books just seem to enable them to have followers.

Ignorance>fear>hate... break the cycle

Muslims in western society tend to be less virulent over time for several reasons. One, they are going to lose their children to us and our "k'afir" ways so they are busy with that battle. Secondly, there is no existential threat to them so for them to preach hard line stuff makes them seem neurotic or paranoid much like the ultra-conservative southern evangelicals and southern baptists in USA who make themselves look retarded with their "culture war" nonsense. Their politicization of religion has forced millenials to abandon religion wholly en masse. Muslims risk the same if they try the same silliness.

As for christians... well, they need to get back to their Sola Fides and stop being so Sola Scriptura. In other words, stop using a book to justify being a d*** because that's not going to save you
wednesday76 On February 25, 2013

Dodging the Daggers, United Ki
#49New Post! Jul 08, 2012 @ 07:12:29
@Jennifer1984 Said

Quote:

How odd...Is this a oxymoron??
Seems you are doing a bit of discriminating yourself on us "Mr n Mrs Daily Mail readers"
MAW On October 31, 2012

Deleted

Stockport, United Kingdom
#50New Post! Jul 08, 2012 @ 08:05:26
@Jennifer1984 Said

I doubt the sincerity of this comment

Utter bulls***

Rumbled by Mr & Mrs UK and not by you

I agree this point entirely. My best friend at school was from a Hindu background. Her parents, who moved to UK from India were quite devout, but my friend who was born in England and had never lived in India knew of Hinduism as taught to her, but she was a western girl in all other respects. She was more like a British teenager. She played cricket and we got drunk together on our first ever bottle of vodka at the age of 13. It was her idea, and she drunk more than I did. That's my story and I'm sticking to it..!! LOL.

Neither an interesting or funny story but thanks for sharing it anyway

You do? Well aren't you the clever one

Well duh, thanks for reminding us of that

They do

Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#51New Post! Jul 08, 2012 @ 11:29:52
@MAW Said

Me: Feel free to digress if you think it will add to the discussion.

MAW: I doubt the sincerity of this comment

That is your privilege. You can believe what you will. I might ask what you base that opinion on, but to be honest, I don't care. Sincerely I don't.

@MAW Said

Me: To be honest, the Europeans in UK wouldn't know a shi'ite from a shipwreck if you put it in a concrete jacket and dropped it on Mr and Mrs UK's head from a great height.

MAW: Utter bulls***

Another bald statement with no supporting comment. Again, it's your opinion and you're entitled to it. <shrugs>

@MAW Said

Me: There seems to be a very simple dividing line for those who discriminate.... if they're not quite white, they they're either terrorists or benefit scroungers. To Mr and Mrs Daily Mail Reader, there is very little difference.

MAW: Rumbled by Mr & Mrs UK and not by you

Really..? Do I not qualify as a British citizen, then...? Am I not a "Mrs UK"...? Perhaps I'm disqualified because I'm not a rabid Daily Mail "Hang-'em-flog-'em-send-'em-all-back-where-they-come-from" little Englander. Yep, that must be it.

@MAW Said

Me: I agree this point entirely. My best friend at school was from a Hindu background. Her parents, who moved to UK from India were quite devout, but my friend who was born in England and had never lived in India knew of Hinduism as taught to her, but she was a western girl in all other respects. She was more like a British teenager. She played cricket and we got drunk together on our first ever bottle of vodka at the age of 13. It was her idea, and she drunk more than I did. That's my story and I'm sticking to it..!! LOL.

MAW: Neither an interesting or funny story but thanks for sharing it anyway

You're welcome.

@MAW Said

Me: Again, I agree with you entirely. Perhaps putting it in terms of executing people is a bit strong, although I do recognise that holy books do advocate that sort of thing....

MAW: You do? Well aren't you the clever one

Thanks for the compliment. I'm flattered. You say such nice things.

@MAW Said

Me: You are absolutely right on the "fear through ignorance" point. Education is the key.

MAW: Well duh, thanks for reminding us of that

Again, you're welcome. I'm glad my post was so informative to you. It's clear you've learned something from it, which is always pleasing.

@MAW Said

Me: I think it's time we so-called "Christians" started to be less condemnatory to Muslims and accepted them into society.

MAW: They do

Hmmmm... in a broad sense, possibly, but again, those white, middle class, Conservative voting, God fearing, "Jerusalem" singing little Englanders are usually the first to highlight the Islamic element of any situation that they can get all foaming at the mouth about.

This isn't just any sex scandal in Rochdale, it's a Muslim sex scandal. I'm sure you get my drift.

I do hope my responses to your responses were sincere enough for you. I really do. I really, really mean that. Most sincerely.

MAW On October 31, 2012

Deleted

Stockport, United Kingdom
#52New Post! Jul 08, 2012 @ 14:03:54
@Jennifer1984 Said

That is your privilege. You can believe what you will. I might ask what you base that opinion on, but to be honest, I don't care. Sincerely I don't.

Another bald statement with no supporting comment. Again, it's your opinion and you're entitled to it. <shrugs>

Really..? Do I not qualify as a British citizen, then...? Am I not a "Mrs UK"...? Perhaps I'm disqualified because I'm not a rabid Daily Mail "Hang-'em-flog-'em-send-'em-all-back-where-they-come-from" little Englander. Yep, that must be it.

You're welcome.

Thanks for the compliment. I'm flattered. You say such nice things.

Again, you're welcome. I'm glad my post was so informative to you. It's clear you've learned something from it, which is always pleasing.

Hmmmm... in a broad sense, possibly, but again, those white, middle class, Conservative voting, God fearing, "Jerusalem" singing little Englanders are usually the first to highlight the Islamic element of any situation that they can get all foaming at the mouth about.

This isn't just any sex scandal in Rochdale, it's a Muslim sex scandal. I'm sure you get my drift.

I do hope my responses to your responses were sincere enough for you. I really do. I really, really mean that. Most sincerely.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#53New Post! Jul 09, 2012 @ 15:22:14
@restoreone Said

When My father marched 9 across the line in Arkansas. It was one of what he said was one of his greatest moments he truly believed that all would be equal someday. What a fool he was for teaching me that and what a fool I was for believing it.

I don't know when or to what you're referring, but if you consider how far we've come since the 50s, and how MLKs color-blind ideal got sidetracked during by the left (i.e. Johnson), perhaps you're going overboard. There will always be extremists.

All Muslims believe in Jihad, it is their defining tenet. Jihad, however, isn't necessarily violent. The objective is the establishment to Sharia Law through force or influence (leading to enforcement by force). If Muslims you know claim or act like that isn't the case, they are either lying or hypocrites. Try a gay pride march through any Muslim country. It would be a preview of one in a neighborhood in a section of a western country where Sharia was in force. Homosexuals would be executed.

Sound absurd? Indeed, but that's what LEGAL oppression of one group by another always is.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs