Forums:
Technology & Internet

Privacy, Spam, Children

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#1New Post! Jun 20, 2012 @ 00:12:10
Some people might find this suggestion a bit over the top but a lot of families around the globe have young children in their households whom they are raising to not only become comfortably familiar with personal computers but how to quickly get a head start for years later when they enter the competitive job market.

Basically this comes down to the fact that most hackers, bot masters and spam mailers are, indirectly, targeting a lot of children using the their family computer.

There was some conspiracy awhile back about the internet becoming a limited subscription service to just a few mainstream sites like cable television.

If this is possible, couldn't the same type of subscription control force provision of more accurate and therefore more accountable identity tracking for individuals to access the net?

If possible to establish - A universal blanket law could be instilled that if unsolicited IPs are accessing or mailing an individual those offenders could be approached and held under default scrutiny that they are doing so with intention and agenda to target and lure the youngest member of the family household.

Obviously a few would find ways around solid identification but it would weed out many who wouldn't know how.

Also if the stigma of 'Pedophile Suspect' were to remain in place for a good decade and become a social norm it might also discourage many would-be harassers in fear of potential defament.

ie; An eighteen year old might feel 'gangsta' hacking my PC but he ain't gonna feel much about himself if someone's six year old daughter is receiving the dirty end of his stick.

And I have to be honest - If I had a kid and a remote unauthorized user accessing my PC - My first suspicion and concern is that they might be doing so to solicit my child.
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#2New Post! Jun 25, 2012 @ 00:50:36
Any takers?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs