News & Current Events

Daughter of woman who backed over 5 kids with SUV dies

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3
wednesday76 On February 25, 2013

Dodging the Daggers, United Ki
#31New Post! Jun 11, 2012 @ 11:35:12
Do i read correctly that she had NO licence?
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#32New Post! Jun 11, 2012 @ 11:50:09
@wednesday76 Said

Do i read correctly that she had NO licence?

Yes, and she was upset because she had been evicted for being an illegal tenant there at the home this happened.
sTreetAngeL On January 24, 2022
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#33New Post! Jun 11, 2012 @ 16:14:34
@wednesday76 Said

Hmm, 5 children lined up on a drive way and you accelerate into a garage.
Call it witch hunt if you like...i call it incompetent.
But you are correct...with out the facts we are not really able to judge.

What the f*** were they doing lined up in a driveway at all? It's very very strange to me...
Most kids know they can't play in a street, driveway, or anywhere there might be cars; for one to be there would be odd enough, but all five? Especially an 18 month old? Makes me think they were put there deliberately...
This story just reeks of non-sense.
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#34New Post! Jun 11, 2012 @ 16:25:52
@Rehabilitation_Please Said

You are putting it like Reversing is as easy as driving forwards...There are far many blind spots to consider, if the children are stuck in a blind spot then the woman wouldn't notice until the last possible moment and she could of tried to hit the brake and in panic hit the accelerator.

To get a car into the driveway in the first place you first have to note what is in the path.
If she was reversing into the driveway as you'd said a friend of hers had said, then surely she would have run the kids over as she backed into the driveway; that didn't happen so if she indeed were "reversing" and all of what the "friend" says is true; the kids had to be immediatley placed there after she pulled/backed into the driveway.
Now if the car was sitting there in the driveway to begin with, and she decided to just move it for whatever reason into the garage...Who just gets into a car without looking first at what's in front of them? Especially when little kids are around. How the hell does one not see them?? Or hear them for that matter? It's highly unlikely that one, let alone 5 kids were completely silent as all of this was occuring.
...It's all just non-sensical. And reeks of untruth.
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#35New Post! Jun 11, 2012 @ 16:49:28
@sTreetAngeL Said

To get a car into the driveway in the first place you first have to note what is in the path.
If she was reversing into the driveway as you'd said a friend of hers had said, then surely she would have run the kids over as she backed into the driveway; that didn't happen so if she indeed were "reversing" and all of what the "friend" says is true; the kids had to be immediatley placed there after she pulled/backed into the driveway.
Now if the car was sitting there in the driveway to begin with, and she decided to just move it for whatever reason into the garage...Who just gets into a car without looking first at what's in front of them? Especially when little kids are around. How the hell does one not see them?? Or hear them for that matter? It's highly unlikely that one, let alone 5 kids were completely silent as all of this was occuring.
...It's all just non-sensical. And reeks of untruth.

It actually sounded to me like she didn't see the kids or a kid there (face it, it's easy not to see kids), one got hit, the others came to look and, when the mom went to step on the brakes, she accidentally hit the gas and backed over the other kids.

I thought I saw someone mention that there is footage, but I have not seen it. I genuinely think that there are two accidents at play here - the first one where the daughter was struck and the second one right after, when she hit the accelerator.
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#36New Post! Jun 11, 2012 @ 17:02:43
@someone_else Said

It actually sounded to me like she didn't see the kids or a kid there (face it, it's easy not to see kids), one got hit, the others came to look and, when the mom went to step on the brakes, she accidentally hit the gas and backed over the other kids.

I thought I saw someone mention that there is footage, but I have not seen it. I genuinely think that there are two accidents at play here - the first one where the daughter was struck and the second one right after, when she hit the accelerator.

Well...I'm trying real hard not to judge here, but it's rather difficult. True, kids can be hard to see for sure, but they sure do make noise enough,...especially when playing and more than one.
The news caster at the begining of the video said it happened while " they were playing in the driveway"; that to me doesn't sound like one got hit and the others came to look afterwards.

In any case it's tragic. Seems like it could have been easily avoided with common sense.

...The video didn't show actual footage of the accident occuring; but a scene here and there of the victims being tended to by paramedics after that fact. It didn't really claify anything though.
Not a dude.

Deleted

#37New Post! Jun 11, 2012 @ 17:06:54
@sTreetAngeL Said

Well...I'm trying real hard not to judge here, but it's rather difficult. True, kids can be hard to see for sure, but they sure do make noise enough,...especially when playing and more than one.
The news caster at the begining of the video said it happened while " they were playing in the driveway"; that to me doesn't sound like one got hit and the others came to look afterwards.

In any case it's tragic. Seems like it could have been easily avoided with common sense.

...The video didn't show actual footage of the accident occuring; but a scene here and there of the victims being tended to by paramedics after that fact. It didn't really claify anything though.

The way they make cars these days, I could see her not being able to hear the children either. Cars seal really well and, of course, this one was running..I could see how it could happen, but you hit the bottom line right here: "In any case it's tragic. Seems like it could have been easily avoided with common sense."
wednesday76 On February 25, 2013

Dodging the Daggers, United Ki
#38New Post! Jun 11, 2012 @ 17:36:10
I am waiting to hear the "full story" But as soon as i read and have later heard other information regarding this it seems a bizarre action to be accidental.

Children playing in a driveway...you would have to reverse into the drive way, (seen the drive way...no blind spots at all) so you check the review mirror?? right?
Sounds to me from the info given the woman was going through a traumatic time (being illegally housed and being evicted) she did not have a licence..and she reversed at speed up her driveway....in anger or pre-occupied with her present situation the options at the moment remain as negligence and incompetency.

If this where to happen on a road she would be prosecuted...so why would that change because you are reversing onto a property?
Not a dude.

Deleted

#39New Post! Jun 11, 2012 @ 18:01:37
@wednesday76 Said

If this where to happen on a road she would be prosecuted...so why would that change because you are reversing onto a property?

I don't think it would change. Maybe the wording or the exact crime they would try to charge her with would change, but I don't think it being private property exempts her from criminal negligence.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#40New Post! Jun 11, 2012 @ 20:18:25
that's no accident.
Dark_Tink On December 30, 2018
<3 Boobie <3

, Canada
#41New Post! Jun 11, 2012 @ 21:04:31
Over the 18yrs that I have been driving, when I had to back into a driveway, I had to drive just a little past it, BEFORE backing into it. At that time, I am looking in the driveway to see if there is anything/anyone in the way.

The kids where there before she backed into the driveway, how the hell could she not have seen them? In the video, officer interviewed, stated that the kids were out there playing!

Also, the fact that she was driving the vehicle with no license(someone stated this in a previous post)? If she wasn't driving in the first place, her daughter would still be alive!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs