What Do You Think of Suicide?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...5 6 7
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#91New Post! Jun 12, 2012 @ 06:02:40
@alk1975 Said

There are usually bits of related content and the hint of a logical idea in Reviso's posts.

@Reviso Said

I'm in a good mood now. I sat out a dance yesterday as a wild wall flower but I was also out of money and could not (for the life of me) think of anything better than running like the devil from all of these war-mongers Conservatives.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, don't take yourself too seriously for the misunderstanding conversation ensued of DOING LAZY DUTY. Huh!!!
alk1975 On August 11, 2016

Jackson, Missouri
#92New Post! Jun 12, 2012 @ 22:37:29
@DuLu Said

key word being "usually" --

Ok, let me expand upon that. Including the post that is being made fun of, which imo is pretty much very similar to the rest of them.
alk1975 On August 11, 2016

Jackson, Missouri
#93New Post! Jun 12, 2012 @ 22:38:34

Thank you for that!!! See, told you it was your gift.
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#94New Post! Jun 12, 2012 @ 22:58:02
@offbeat Said

how can life be better if you were dead ..you wouldn't be alive ... don't snuff your life out ... you look good and you've obviously got a brain ... do you sing ? ..if so , join a choir ...and you'll feel a natural high ... that may seem glib ..but it's the best i've got right now ..

That's actually quite a good idea. Singing helps release endorphins and if you sing as a hobby then you can develop some great breathing techniques that may make all the difference to one's mindset.

Even when I was depressed a few years ago, my choir was like a sanctuary of sorts and always made me feel better. I always feel giddy when I sing for a long period of time, plus it gives you a real sense of achievement which is important if you're lethargic and depressed a lot of the time.
newcarscent7 On March 18, 2020

Cleveland, Ohio
#95New Post! Oct 17, 2012 @ 02:02:25
I think about it almost every day. One of these days I probably will.
Grasshopper On January 11, 2023
Just me.

Fort Collins, Colorado
#96New Post! Oct 17, 2012 @ 02:22:42
@newcarscent7 Said

I think about it almost every day. One of these days I probably will.

May I ask why you feel that way? Not trying to get too personal. But is it because the thought of it brings peace, or is something in your life bothering you?
Just me.

Fort Collins, Colorado
#97New Post! Oct 17, 2012 @ 02:24:01
I also think about it on a near daily basis. It's not that my life is really horrible. But it's kind of just part of me.

Now when it comes to the idea, When people say it's a weak and selfish act, I kind of just shake my head. Unless it's to get out of a murder/rape charge, It's not selfish to want out of all the pain.

Cleveland, Ohio
#98New Post! Oct 17, 2012 @ 02:37:13
@Grasshopper Said

May I ask why you feel that way? Not trying to get too personal. But is it because the thought of it brings peace, or is something in your life bothering you?

I simply can't stand life. I'm a pessimist, and am honestly never happy. The only thing that ever kept me around was family and friends.
Just me.

Fort Collins, Colorado
#99New Post! Oct 17, 2012 @ 02:41:27
@newcarscent7 Said

I simply can't stand life. I'm a pessimist, and am honestly never happy. The only thing that ever kept me around was family and friends.

Well, I won't tell you how you should feel or anything. But if you ever feel down, You can always PM me.

Cleveland, Ohio
#100New Post! Oct 17, 2012 @ 03:04:13
@Grasshopper Said

Well, I won't tell you how you should feel or anything. But if you ever feel down, You can always PM me.

Thanks
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#101New Post! Oct 17, 2012 @ 03:59:23
What I'm about to say might sound cynical but I'm in a peaceful state of mind right now and this is coming from thirty-nine years of life experience:

The world is overpopulated by 70%.

If you are not born with attractive genes and into a wealthy family, you will more than likely survive but, for the most part, life will be dull, disappointing and lonely while you sit by watching many others enjoying it.

Just take note note that individuals going through life in the batter's box are not alone - There are many of us and I think it would've helped if I could have learnt to quickly make this analysis back when I was a kid so that the years proceeding afterwards didn't feel like a betraying shock.

All a person can really do is just live it out and keep this fact in mind if the opportunity to have their own children is ever presented.
rosexthorn On July 30, 2022

Winnipeg, Canada
#102New Post! Oct 17, 2012 @ 04:51:44
Suicide is a very individual situation for everyone with differing reasons for getting to that crucial point in ones mind. People have been trying for years to find the magic button so to speak that can change that mindset in one second when it really takes years to get to that mindset. The most important thing to try to figure out is the why you are at this point and try to find the root of what has caused you to get here.

Many things work for some and not for others, but it's crucial that you keep trying to find what works for you and keeps working for you long term, short term will only be bringing it up over and over again until it's settled. Once you're armed with what is the cause only then can you counteract it with a substitute that can wipe that mindset completely out of your mind.

Doesn't sound easy, isn't easy, but with the hardest homework you're ever going to have to do you will find the answer when you least expect it, so don't give up trying every minute of every day because you're worth all the work you'll have to put in to get to that place of self worth.
magically_delicious On October 27, 2020

, California
#103New Post! Oct 18, 2012 @ 21:23:03
Personally, I feel we all die eventually, so if someone really wants to end their life then I can accept their choice.

In our fabricated Western society we no longer struggle for survival and live fairly aimless lives. I've looked at a few statistics for countries with high rates of suicide, and mostly 1st world countries are at the top of the list. Societal roles, economics, and mental health play a huge role in both self worth and suicide rates. We place too much importance on outward appearances instead of cultivating relationships and developing ourselves personally. If you do not actively pursue a healthy body and mind, how do you expect to feel good about yourself?

Off the top of my head, I can't think of anyone who has positively contributed to society that has committed suicide. All the stories I hear about are of washed up business crooks, fat people, gay teens or social outcasts. Even when I see the videos that the news crews play back that show the "happy and vibrant" person that so tragically lost their life, I shrug my shoulders and could care less. In every case that I can remember, the people were weak minded and impressionable. They were sitting at home on their computers getting bullied on facebook, a social network they signed up for by choice. They could have been at the humane society or homeless shelter, or honing a personal craft. Instead, they were complacent, below average people who felt sorry for themselves. In the end, the people who suffer are the ones that are left behind, which just proves how selfish an STUPID suicide really is.
magicgoat On July 05, 2013

Deleted

Stockbridge, Georgia
#104New Post! Dec 14, 2012 @ 12:05:15
@carelt1985 Said

So I won't be hurt or be allowing to others, no more. Besides, my momma would get $400,000.

This means you're deployed? I get what you're saying. So, you have the freedom to do this. Few have the energy or will to go through with it.

The thought has crossed my mind a couple times this year. If you are serious about taking your life, just realize that most people will try to stop you. For that reason I would be very careful what you say and to whom.

I am also deployed and the politics on camp are strong enough to choke a horse. Three people have killed themselves here this year and I'm suprised it hasn't been more.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...5 6 7

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs