Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
alk1975 On August 11, 2016

Jackson, Missouri
#16New Post! Jun 03, 2012 @ 02:13:21
@white_swan53 Said

I was expecting a totally different person to show up with the age old question
'Does anyone really believe that President Obama is the first president with a kill list? '
Now for you.

I have a link to my info about Obama..And until I see your link to other presidents and their kill list , Yes I do think Obama is the first.

Best I'm willing to do tonight. I don't love history. My husband was kind of excited to tell me all about it, but he has to be at work in a few hours so was heading to bed.

Quote:
President John F. Kennedy was a great fan of Ian Fleming's James Bond novels; in fact, Kennedy's comment at a news conference about his love of Fleming's thrillers did much to move the Bond novels to the top of bestseller lists. Kennedy invited Fleming for a stay at the White House and during the course of the visit, Kennedy turned to his preoccupation with getting rid of Fidel Castro. Kennedy reportedly asked Fleming how Bond might eliminate Castro. Fleming suggested the way to get at Castro was to attack his manliness and proposed having an agent slip some chemical into Castro's drink that would make his beard fall out. Alternatively, Fleming suggested that you might be able to kill Castro by boobytrapping a conch shell that would be conveniently placed where Castro might discover it while skin-diving. Many years later during the Congressional inquiry into alleged CIA wrong doing conducted by Senator Church, a CIA witness testified about a number of attempts to assassinate Castro; the list included both an attempt to destroy Castro's beard and a plot to blow him up with an explosive ladened conch shell while Castro was skin-diving.

https://www.globalsecurity.org/intell/ops/castro.htm

https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/inatl/longterm/iraq/keyplayers/saddam021598.htm

Quote:
During the Vietnam War, Lyndon Johnson did some targeting

https://www.newsmax.com/US/rumsfeld-targeted-killing-obama/2012/05/30/id/440670

Jackson, Missouri
#17New Post! Jun 03, 2012 @ 02:18:16
@Tar Said

Who was that Anwar Al-Awlaki guy again? More like wilful ignorance from you

ok, so an example of an American citizen who actually was involved in Al Qaeda. Still not having an issue with this.

Jackson, Missouri
#18New Post! Jun 03, 2012 @ 02:25:12
@Tar Said

No, you missed my point. I was trying to say that he is the first president to say it is legal to kill anyone and he is the first president to preside over the signing of a document that outright eradicates Habeas Corpus and Posse Comitatus as well as have a Chief Legal office (Holder) to say its acceptable for the president to issue orders to kill anyone INCLUDING americans without ANY trial or even public acknowledgement. He is the first to stand in the spotlight and say "f*** you all, I am above the law and there is nothing you can do about it". The other guys at least were afraid of being caught. He simply doesn't give a damn what anyone thinks because he has made it brazenly clear that he and his group are above the law

Really? That's how you read it? Because I read this:
Quote:
Similar angst and debate was coursing through the administration as a whole. Every targeted killing, in fact, had to be lawyered -- either by the CIA's attorneys, in the case of agency operations, or by other lawyers when the military was involved.

Seems to me they did consider the law, on a case by case basis even.

Jackson, Missouri
#19New Post! Jun 03, 2012 @ 02:28:00
@Tar Said

No, you missed my point. I was trying to say that he is the first president to say it is legal to kill anyone and he is the first president to preside over the signing of a document that outright eradicates Habeas Corpus and Posse Comitatus as well as have a Chief Legal office (Holder) to say its acceptable for the president to issue orders to kill anyone INCLUDING americans without ANY trial or even public acknowledgement. He is the first to stand in the spotlight and say "f*** you all, I am above the law and there is nothing you can do about it". The other guys at least were afraid of being caught. He simply doesn't give a damn what anyone thinks because he has made it brazenly clear that he and his group are above the law

What document are you saying he signed? I'm not following you on that.
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#20New Post! Jun 03, 2012 @ 02:29:52

Thank you, it's kind of strange thatsomeone who ask that question would actully find links instead of just figure that their opinons were plenty good enough for the riff raff. [smile]https://i.tfster.com/i45/5/12/14/tfs_a67a780f63.gif">

Jackson, Missouri
#21New Post! Jun 03, 2012 @ 02:35:55
@white_swan53 Said

Thank you, it's kind of strange thatsomeone who ask that question would actully find links instead of just figure that their opinons were plenty good enough for the riff raff. [smile]https://i.tfster.com/i45/5/12/14/tfs_a67a780f63.gif">

I'm always willing to find links to what I say. Other boards where I have been for a while people know that if I say it, I can back it. Gives a person credibility.

n/a, New Mexico
#22New Post! Jun 03, 2012 @ 03:06:45
@alk1975 Said

I'm always willing to find links to what I say. Other boards where I have been for a while people know that if I say it, I can back it. Gives a person credibility.

People on n this site are expected to link to facts and info for what they post. Most do , some just won't .

Jackson, Missouri
#23New Post! Jun 03, 2012 @ 03:09:14
@white_swan53 Said

People on n this site are expected to link to facts and info for what they post. Most do , some just won't .

And I take it from your previous post by "some" you mean those that would ask the questions that I would ask, that you didn't think I was the type to ask?

n/a, New Mexico
#24New Post! Jun 03, 2012 @ 03:23:29
@alk1975 Said

And I take it from your previous post by "some" you mean those that would ask the questions that I would ask, that you didn't think I was the type to ask?

Wow. that one sure got tangle footed quik enough ,

There is a member here that has become habitual at asking that same question whenever a post or thread shows Obama in a not so great light. Sor of like it's not a bad thing as long as he's not the first one caught doing 'it' . This member asks the question being on the defense and ready to take on any and all Obama naysayers. Asking that member for anything as realistic as links or proof is similar to farting in the wind.

Oh, it isn't that it was you personally that I wasn't expecting ,
It was that I was expecting a certain someone, if it hadn't been you but another ,, any other TFS member I would have siad exactly the same ' oening statement in that post .

Jackson, Missouri
#25New Post! Jun 03, 2012 @ 04:03:43
@white_swan53 Said

Wow. that one sure got tangle footed quik enough ,

There is a member here that has become habitual at asking that same question whenever a post or thread shows Obama in a not so great light. Sor of like it's not a bad thing as long as he's not the first one caught doing 'it' . This member asks the question being on the defense and ready to take on any and all Obama naysayers. Asking that member for anything as realistic as links or proof is similar to farting in the wind.

Oh, it isn't that it was you personally that I wasn't expecting ,
It was that I was expecting a certain someone, if it hadn't been you but another ,, any other TFS member I would have siad exactly the same ' oening statement in that post .

yeah, I got that you were saying that, and I get pretty sick of the Obama naysaying too, to be quite honest. It gets seriously old, and there is a lot of look what he's done now that has just simply been the norm for ages, so I really see the point of said poster. I see no reason not to provide links though, but at the same time, there are a lot of things we each know without looking it up, so any sources provided aren't really our source of knowledge, but rather a source that supports the knowledge we already have. Well, that's easy enough. State me a fact and I will find you a source that backs it up.

n/a, New Mexico
#26New Post! Jun 03, 2012 @ 04:56:21
@alk1975 Said

yeah, I got that you were saying that, and I get pretty sick of the Obama naysaying too, to be quite honest. It gets seriously old, and there is a lot of look what he's done now that has just simply been the norm for ages, so I really see the point of said poster. I see no reason not to provide links though, but at the same time, there are a lot of things we each know without looking it up, so any sources provided aren't really our source of knowledge, but rather a source that supports the knowledge we already have. Well, that's easy enough. State me a fact and I will find you a source that backs it up.

There has been news articles on what our president is doing since the first newspaper and first president went to Washington.
I was on a different site thur most of Bushes second term and there were posts for or against what ever he was doing during any given week . There does seem to be an ' over reaction' to anything Obama does and an over reaction to anything said or posted about what he does even when it's as you say ' been the norm for ages'.
I wonder if he is re elected , if by this time in the second term , all this over protectiveness and over the top bashing of him will have stopped and setteled into ' what has ben the norm for ages.'

n/a, New Mexico
#27New Post! Jun 03, 2012 @ 05:01:29
I decided quite some time ago that if I would have joined or started a conversatio about a topic when some other president was in office , then i'm going to join or start a conversatin about it now.
the over reactions from both sides make it at times funny as hell and other times frustrating as hell .
but well oh well .
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs