The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Religion & Philosophy

God to Jesus. I just condemned the human race. Now go die to save them.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4
GreatestIam2 On January 06, 2023

Ottawa, Canada
#46New Post! Jun 06, 2012 @ 00:48:25
@tariki Said

Some thought should be given to the "O felix culpa", the idea of Adam's sin being "fortunate" in as much as a greater good came of it than possible without such.

Thomas Aquinas, a great theologian of the Catholic Church, argued that God allows evils to happen in order to bring a greater good from it, and Ambrose also speaks of the "fortunate ruin" of Adam in the Garden of Eden in that his sin brought more good to humanity than if he had stayed perfectly innocent.

All this is expressed in some popular songs, such as Kris Kristofferson's "The Pilgrim", and the line "The going up is worth the coming down".

Seriously, given the actual Christian teaching that God (the Father) and Jesus (the Son) are "one", this whole thread seems peculiarly disjointed and pointless.

Why on earth there is this constant preoccupation with (frankly) ignorant fundamentalist theology, where the thumping and ridiculing of it is as tiresome as Bible thumping itself...........Really, either get hold of some works by mature Christians or just leave it alone......or come over to the Pure Land....

I would love to but it is my view that all literalists and fundamentals hurt all of us who are Religionists.
They all hurt their parent religions and everyone else who has a belief. They make us all into laughing stocks and should rethink their position. There is a Godhead but not the God of talking animals, genocidal floods and retribution. Belief in fantasy is evil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HKHaClUCw4&feature=PlayList&p=5123864A5243470E&index=0&playnext=1

They also do much harm to their own.

African witches and Jesus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlRG9gXriVI&feature=related

Jesus Camp 1of 9
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBv8tv62yGM

Promoting death to Gays.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMw2Zg_BVzw&feature=related

For evil to grow my friends, all good people need do is nothing.
Fight them when you can. It is your duty to our fellow man.

Regards
DL

Ottawa, Canada
#47New Post! Jun 06, 2012 @ 00:55:58
@Jennifer1984 Said

Jesus' reply

"Oh wow, man... what a bum deal. Like, I get to go down to Earth, and wander around in the wilderness for a month and a half, and then I'll have to hang out with twelve really scuzzy dudes that I don't like and one of them is gonna dump all over me to the Romans and I'll end up getting nailed to a tree. That's so unfair. I HATE YOU".

God's reply. Might makes right.

Jesus-----"ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I." --------and he forced me. Boo Hoo.

Regards
DL
tariki On September 16, 2012

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#48New Post! Jun 06, 2012 @ 13:14:33
@GreatestIam2 Said

For evil to grow my friends, all good people need do is nothing.
Fight them when you can. It is your duty to our fellow man.

Regards
DL

I do as much as you, by offering an alternative.

Does "our fellow man" exclude those we "fight"?

Ottawa, Canada
#49New Post! Jun 06, 2012 @ 13:30:59
@tariki Said

I do as much as you, by offering an alternative.

Does "our fellow man" exclude those we "fight"?

Yes, we are all brothers. That is why we fight to correct poor thinking in our fellow man and at the same time, save those that he will hurt with his poor thinking.

Proverbs 3:12
For whom the LORD loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

Bible God is a myth but this bit is pure wisdom if we recognize why.

Regards
DL
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs