United Kingdom

Getting Ready For The Jubilee

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
Silly_Me On April 22, 2020

In a cave, United Kingdom
#16New Post! Jun 01, 2012 @ 15:43:10
My school has spent the day getting into the jubilee spirit which meant a manic day for staff but it has been a great day! buffet lunch and garden party which the parents were invited to. We had an up and coming girl band spend the day and judged our 'x factor' comp and then held a concert during the garden party. BRILLIANT DAY!!
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#17New Post! Jun 02, 2012 @ 06:23:30
@MAW Said

Well I'd rather have what they produced in '77 than the silver jubilee anyday.

Well, '77 was before my time so I missed out on that one but hey... I reckon I should live to see the Coronations of both King Charles III and King William V, so all good.

As for Republicans... Well, you've been desperately feeding off one anti-monarchy record for 35 years. Give it another 35 years and somebody may make another one.

To be honest, I like Republicans. You're her subjects too, you know.

Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#18New Post! Jun 02, 2012 @ 06:29:05
@Silly_Me Said

My school has spent the day getting into the jubilee spirit which meant a manic day for staff but it has been a great day! buffet lunch and garden party which the parents were invited to. We had an up and coming girl band spend the day and judged our 'x factor' comp and then held a concert during the garden party. BRILLIANT DAY!!

The local news was full, last night, of stories of children who'd had a wonderful day at school.

For some, this was their first royal celebration (the little ones in Year 1 missed out on the Royal Wedding last year) and they were all so thrilled. There were parties, and games and plays and it was clear that everybody was enjoying themselves.

These celebrations are wonderful for national morale. They don't make the ills of the country go away, but they do give us something to take pride in and as one person said "They put the unity in Community."

Glad you had a good time, SM. I'm sure you were exhausted by last night, but the children enjoyed themselves, and that's what matters, isn't it..?

MAW On October 31, 2012

Deleted

Stockport, United Kingdom
#19New Post! Jun 02, 2012 @ 08:35:45
@Jennifer1984 Said

Well, '77 was before my time so I missed out on that one but hey... I reckon I should live to see the Coronations of both King Charles III and King William V, so all good.

As for Republicans... Well, you've been desperately feeding off one anti-monarchy record for 35 years. Give it another 35 years and somebody may make another one.

To be honest, I like Republicans. You're her subjects too, you know.

I hope you've bought the Gary Barlow record!
MAW On October 31, 2012

Deleted

Stockport, United Kingdom
#20New Post! Jun 02, 2012 @ 08:36:41
@Jennifer1984 Said

The local news was full, last night, of stories of children who'd had a wonderful day at school.

For some, this was their first royal celebration (the little ones in Year 1 missed out on the Royal Wedding last year) and they were all so thrilled. There were parties, and games and plays and it was clear that everybody was enjoying themselves.

These celebrations are wonderful for national morale. They don't make the ills of the country go away, but they do give us something to take pride in and as one person said "They put the unity in Community."

Glad you had a good time, SM. I'm sure you were exhausted by last night, but the children enjoyed themselves, and that's what matters, isn't it..?

Yep, if we didn't have the jubilee how would the children enjoy themselves?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs