GW Bush for Mitt Romney

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#46New Post! May 21, 2012 @ 00:30:11
@crazylikeafox Said

Fingers start pointing because we have a nasty habit of wanting to crucify someone when something goes wrong, even if there's no reason to think anyone's responsible in the 1st place. The wars in Iraq and Afghanistan were a drain on the economy, true. Wars usually do that. However, that didn't seem to really become a problem until after the Housing Bubble burst. In other words, the negative economic effects of war didn't become too much to maintain until after the economy had already dropped.

And we especially want someone when no one steps forth.

The housing bubble and burst was brought about by the repeal of part of glass steagall.

However put all that aside, the concept of increasing expenditures while decreasing revenue is a dumb a** thing to do. It put us in a weakened position. Add that to that POS legislation put forth by that idiot Gramm, and it's a damn powder keg.

Whether you like it or not, the republicans led the charge and the democrats followed. I don't give a s*** about ideology. I care about pragmatism. And for anyone to sit here and say 'show me the republicans are at fault' shows me they aren't paying attention.

Sorry if you don't like these words but this s*** has been a long time coming. Anyone who has been paying attention saw it. Even if they didn't understand the magnitude.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs