The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Religion & Philosophy

Comprehending God Poe, the Bible and Candid style.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
GreatestIam2 On January 06, 2023

Ottawa, Canada
#1New Post! May 14, 2012 @ 18:25:25

Poe said...
If we cannot comprehend God in his visible works, how then in his inconceivable thoughts, that call the works into being? If we cannot understand him in his objective creatures, how then in his substantive moods and phases of creation?

This is basically what scriptures say when they say to seek God in the heavens. Nature IOW.

These views are what led to my apotheosis and I endorse them wholeheartedly.

When I was a seeker, before I found this clip below. I had concluded that reality was in the best and only state that it could be in. This best state included nature as well as man within it.

When this was written, most thought it to just be a cynical view of life but I think it is quite true and irrefutable, based on the anthropic principle and the notion that a God would start things of in a good way as scriptures indicate for Eden and that that best way would be self-perpetuating because I could not imagine a God using creation as a make work project that he would have to tweak every now and then as scriptures indicated that he did.

Candide

"It is demonstrable that things cannot be otherwise than as they are; for as all things have been created for some end, they must necessarily be created for the best end.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPClzIsYxvA

The above quote should make sense to both believers and non-believers alike, if you see nature always doing the best it can with all the conditions at hand taken into account.

I would like to stay away from discussions of God’s existence here because I think any such discussion would be speculative nonsense as none of our opinions of God is true knowledge and none of it can be proven until he actually shows up. Even as I do not believe in a creator God, I will not argue with those who give credit to him instead of nature and evolution. It is what is here that I would ask you to focus on.

Just looking at nature and mankind then at this point in time, can we agree that what we have is the best of all possible worlds, given all the conditions at hand?

To set you on the tract and mindset that I developed, I would like you to think of the day you were born.
Can you say that given all the conditions at hand back then, your DNA and all other conditions, nature produced you to the very best condition that she could muster?

If yes, consider that the next day let’s say, after you began to learned and found the teat and continued learning and developing, right till today, that the initial best you, in the best of all possible world, are continuously aging as the best that you can possible be, given all the conditions at hand.
Not perfect, but the best you can possibly be.

Are you living in the best of all possible world and are you today, the best that nature can produce, given all the conditions at hand?

Regards
DL
futilevoice On October 07, 2016

Deleted

, Illinois
#2New Post! May 14, 2012 @ 18:46:30
@GreatestIam2 Said

Poe said...
If we cannot comprehend God in his visible works, how then in his inconceivable thoughts, that call the works into being? If we cannot understand him in his objective creatures, how then in his substantive moods and phases of creation?

This is basically what scriptures say when they say to seek God in the heavens. Nature IOW.

These views are what led to my apotheosis and I endorse them wholeheartedly.

When I was a seeker, before I found this clip below. I had concluded that reality was in the best and only state that it could be in. This best state included nature as well as man within it.

When this was written, most thought it to just be a cynical view of life but I think it is quite true and irrefutable, based on the anthropic principle and the notion that a God would start things of in a good way as scriptures indicate for Eden and that that best way would be self-perpetuating because I could not imagine a God using creation as a make work project that he would have to tweak every now and then as scriptures indicated that he did.

Candide

"It is demonstrable that things cannot be otherwise than as they are; for as all things have been created for some end, they must necessarily be created for the best end.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPClzIsYxvA

The above quote should make sense to both believers and non-believers alike, if you see nature always doing the best it can with all the conditions at hand taken into account.

I would like to stay away from discussions of God’s existence here because I think any such discussion would be speculative nonsense as none of our opinions of God is true knowledge and none of it can be proven until he actually shows up. Even as I do not believe in a creator God, I will not argue with those who give credit to him instead of nature and evolution. It is what is here that I would ask you to focus on.

Just looking at nature and mankind then at this point in time, can we agree that what we have is the best of all possible worlds, given all the conditions at hand?

To set you on the tract and mindset that I developed, I would like you to think of the day you were born.
Can you say that given all the conditions at hand back then, your DNA and all other conditions, nature produced you to the very best condition that she could muster?

If yes, consider that the next day let’s say, after you began to learned and found the teat and continued learning and developing, right till today, that the initial best you, in the best of all possible world, are continuously aging as the best that you can possible be, given all the conditions at hand.
Not perfect, but the best you can possibly be.

Are you living in the best of all possible world and are you today, the best that nature can produce, given all the conditions at hand?

Regards
DL

Yes, in the sense that we are all doing the best that we can given the conditions we were forced to live under. However, sometimes nature throws a curve ball and sick or mutants are born. In that case those unfortunate souls are not living the best life possible due to either genetics, the environment or both. Also, what about tsunamis and earthquakes that destroy thousands? Is that mother nature at her best?
GreatestIam2 On January 06, 2023

Ottawa, Canada
#3New Post! May 15, 2012 @ 01:22:03
@futilevoice Said

Yes, in the sense that we are all doing the best that we can given the conditions we were forced to live under. However, sometimes nature throws a curve ball and sick or mutants are born. In that case those unfortunate souls are not living the best life possible due to either genetics, the environment or both. Also, what about tsunamis and earthquakes that destroy thousands? Is that mother nature at her best?

True that there are many sick or mutant thanks to the DNA passed down through reproduction. That does not refute that nature did the best she could with the DNA and all other conditions at hand. If we could somehow show how that defective DNA could have done better and did not, that would refute the logic trail given.

You initially said yes and are right. Even as your present DNA is being damaged by sub atomic particles. Even now, nature is repairing you to the best condition that she can with the conditions at hand. We can say this from your birth till the day you die.

See it?

Regards
DL
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#4New Post! May 28, 2012 @ 23:46:26
if you see nature always doing the best it can with all the conditions at hand taken into account.

Nature does not ' do the best that it can '
Nature is about doing away with the weakest and fighting for a foothold with the strongest.
this is true with the plants , animals , landscape and yes even us humans.
Nature is by the very 'nature' of it is always destroying .
Rains cause erosion, lighting causes fires, winds cause damage, animals either kill for food other animals or can over graze an area and this then opens the way for rains to cause erosion etc...

Nature has that wonderful way of renewing it's self , but if you will take notice it takes a forest fire hours to completely kill off hundreds of acres of trees and plants of all kinds. not to mention the wild life .
But it takes months for some plants and decades for some trees to replace what was distroyed in a few hours.
Floods will come though taking everything living thing in it;s path and leaving nothing but what in a few weeks will be n insect invested stagnant water nasty not fit for human or animal waste land in it's stead. This will take years to replace it's self and again become what the flood distroyed.
Now the bible talks about god destroying whole towns and groups of people simply because they didn't do what he told them to.

so if there is some god like being who is the be and know all type being.
Why did he destroy the forest with fire, or the plains with the flood ( both mentioned above) did the forest not 'do what it was told ' or maybe the animals misbehaved ?

no, it's not some being that hangs out in the clouds.
it's just nature doing what it does best .
god is a fantasy that humans made up to fool them selves into thinking that we really aren't at the mercy of something we have no hope of controlling .
some guy found that others listened to him a bit more then the guy , when at some point his village was not distroyed but some act of nature but the neighboring one was totally wiped out , he told his bunch that he had found a way to ask the powers that be not to wipe his bunch out and in return he had promised that they would all give up their teenage daughters to him for safe keeping and if no daughter then half of this seasons harvest yada yada yada ,,, and viola!! religion was invented. If next time the village was hit them of course that meant that someone had not been as giving as they could or or should have been. ya da ya da ya da....
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs